• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V5 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
accd3f5d3a20c0ba0f168e000584f0ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Did you swap your tachy out for a rep one recently? It does improve the bezel/tachy gap though, and the printing on this rep one is definitely a lot nicer than the gen one which was on it.
Are you in the process of sourcing for a better printed gen tachy? You need one to complete this beauty! All the best MFK100!

Reactions: Allure

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
Did you swap your tachy out for a rep one recently? It does improve the bezel/tachy gap though, and the printing on this rep one is definitely a lot nicer than the gen one which was on it.
Are you in the process of sourcing for a better printed gen tachy? You need one to complete this beauty! All the best MFK100!

Great catch A i was waiting for it , the gap caused by gen tachy was annoying to a certain level , there are some gaps in gen ones but not as obvious as this one, it came out to be lower than the rep one , decided to do the swap and it turned out to be better looking even the tachy print somehow more crisp. Definitely if there is another gen one would go for it.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Great catch A i was waiting for it , the gap caused by gen tachy was annoying to a certain level , there are some gaps in gen ones but not as obvious as this one, it came out to be lower than the rep one , decided to do the swap and it turned out to be better looking even the tachy print somehow more crisp. Definitely if there is another gen one would go for it.

You need 3 things IMHO to complete this franken my friend:

1. A well printed gen tachy. The previous one was definitely not acceptable as there were quite a number of misprints.

2. A reduction of the tachy/bezel gap. Yes you’re right in saying that gaps exist in some gens but they are never anywhere as pronounced. These prodigious gaps are one of the major tell tales of many AP frankens. This can be addressed, just tell your modder what you need.

3. If you can upgrade the datewheel to a Mikey modern font one that will be great. The classic font one is overserifed and looks nothing like the gen dw at all.

This is my gen panda. You can see all the points I mentioned and how the watch looks quite different from the franken. The H and I series panda comes only with a thin slit between the tachy and bezel. The good news is that your franken is already well-built and can be completed visually with the right parts and the right modder. If you need help I’m happy to do my part!
3f112cde81df475d1d0914b8a19af9c8.jpg

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
You need 3 things IMHO to complete this franken my friend:

1. A well printed gen tachy. The previous one was definitely not acceptable as there were quite a number of misprints.

2. A reduction of the tachy/bezel gap. Yes you’re right in saying that gaps exist in some gens but they are never anywhere as pronounced. These prodigious gaps are one of the major tell tales of many AP frankens. This can be addressed, just tell your modder what you need.

3. If you can upgrade the datewheel to a Mikey modern font one that will be great. The classic font one is overserifed and looks nothing like the gen dw at all.

This is my gen panda. You can see all the points I mentioned and how the watch looks quite different from the franken. The H and I series panda comes only with a thin slit between the tachy and bezel. The good news is that your franken is already well-built and can be completed visually with the right parts and the right modder. If you need help I’m happy to do my part!
3f112cde81df475d1d0914b8a19af9c8.jpg

Ya will do that , will reach out to you in due course as definitely will need a gen tachy. I was offered a modern micky dw but wen for classic ivory as some numbers are very close (i.e. 1, 2 . 5 , 21 ) . But honestly , being a gen owner my self this is very close , i have A 2012 panda which have a slight tachy gap as well ,

Will be looking to upgrade date , tachy and gen sub-dial and seconds hands in the near future.

I appreciate your knowledge that has a huge toll on my OCD . Loool

Below some pics of my gen and last is
franken

e00ca482f626b27081ac199b43e255e2.png

df547e33d7e8c410cfd86b108dfd4c54.png

8ca5677093f7cc9e3b63b5e689c3e8e0.png

7c8de7f22a4d85ce2ce330e38133be7f.jpg

Reactions: H S

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Ya will do that , will reach out to you in due course as definitely will need a gen tachy. I was offered a modern micky dw but wen for classic ivory as some numbers are very close (i.e. 1, 2 . 5 , 21 ) . But honestly , being a gen owner my self this is very close , i have A 2012 panda which have a slight tachy gap as well ,

Will be looking to upgrade date , tachy and gen sub-dial and seconds hands in the near future.

I appreciate your knowledge that has a huge toll on my OCD . Loool

Below some pics of my gen and last is
franken

Oh and please put on the bezel back properly sir :legend:

Reactions: Allure

Hman12

Known Member
11/4/21
Such a gorgeous watch, I am in love with the smaller 154/500 with the mettalic tappiserie.

However the larger ROO are like wild animals out in the Sahara - you can't help but stop and stare in awe, something so breath catching about them.

Please post more like these guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.