• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Survivor NOOB Chrono Issue

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
What do you think of the possibility of putting a Swiss 7750 into this Survivor? Worth it or not?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
What do you think of the possibility of putting a Swiss 7750 into this Survivor? Worth it or not?

Theoretically and technically it is possible to put PARTS of a swiss ETA7750 into the movement. But having said that, it will not help you much, as the design and layout of the movement remains the same, and therefore, the core problem caused by friction transfer remains the same. You are better off considering getting it serviced and replacing the mainspring with a swiss one.

Reactions: Allure

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Thanks Legend I will bring it back to my local shop. I don't think he will be able to do much since he already looked at it and reset the hands. But the minute subdial has a mind of it's own now and randomly starts moving.

Would you be up for working on this for me? Change the main spring to swiss one and service? Let me know and we'll chat about details over PM.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks Legend I will bring it back to my local shop. I don't think he will be able to do much since he already looked at it and reset the hands. But the minute subdial has a mind of it's own now and randomly starts moving.

Would you be up for working on this for me? Change the main spring to swiss one and service? Let me know and we'll chat about details over PM.

Of course I am, it is what I am here for.
The creeping second hand @6 is a classic issue of this movement. It is not a difficult fix. And no it will not be frozen or "stuck" in any way, the chrono will still function as per normal.
Send me PM please, I remember receiving one from you a short while back.. :)

Reactions: Allure

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
PM sent Legend! And yes I messaged you about mods for my PF 5711 that need to have installation of PPF V2 dial and hands. Still waiting for the dial and hands to come.

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
I just received an AP Survivor by Noob, and tried out the chronograph function. It works...but when you stop and reset it the long seconds hand doesn't go back to 12 o'clock. It stops at about 2 or 3 seconds after the 12 o'clock. Sooooo annoying. Other than that this is a great rep. Good quality and feel all around.

Before I accepted the QC I asked them to send pics of the chronograph going around which they did so I thought everything was good to go. But the reset is the issue. The other thing I noticed is that when you start the chronograph by pressing the top pusher the minute subdial minute hand jumps to one minute. That is not as annoying of an issue though as the long chronograph seconds hand not resetting to 12 o'clock.

Do you guys think this is an easy fix for a watch repair shop?

Do you see the chronograph seconds hand location? It is not at 12 o'clock after a reset of the chrono function.

Any help greatly appreciated. .

It was a rep all along? HAHAHA

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
It was a rep all along? HAHAHA

Huh? Also, what was the point of bumping a 1yr old thread without adding any meaningful contribution?

You better get your act together.