• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help with Ap 15400 dial

Wangddssaa

Horology Curious
10/10/19
Hi everyone, I’m new to the brand, can someone to help me identify this dial? Is this gen blue dial and gen date wheel? Thank you a lot
0969920c87ad8f9043ce1adb6429ecd4.jpg
8ff7c3f22973ad577c305ab00415755a.jpg
267dfa55c202aa6e5324146a58ee1a26.jpg
bca0764b87967db327de07f21552a38f.jpg

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
There is no way that gen datewheel will fit on anything except the gen 3120 caliber. So is it on a gen caliber in the first place? If so, the datewheel is 100% gen. But looking at it, I do not think so.
I have lost touch with the 15400 dial details, but the dial does not look gen to me, though the printing is excellent.
That color though is accurate to the J series blue, and my favorite variant.
Hands are rep, and case and bezel are rep.

Reactions: Allure

Wangddssaa

Horology Curious
10/10/19
There is no way that gen datewheel will fit on anything except the gen 3120 caliber. So is it on a gen caliber in the first place? If so, the datewheel is 100% gen. But looking at it, I do not think so.
I have lost touch with the 15400 dial details, but the dial does not look gen to me, though the printing is excellent.
That color though is accurate to the J series blue, and my favorite variant.
Hands are rep, and case and bezel are rep.

Hi legend, thank you for replying. The caliber is gen 3120. And why would you say hands, case and bezel are rep? Thank you

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi legend, thank you for replying. The caliber is gen 3120. And why would you say hands, case and bezel are rep? Thank you

If movement is a gen 3120 caliber, why will you need to ask question if certain parts of the watch are rep? It will help to provide a background. Is watch a franken? Or are you testing the community about its knowledge?
The bezel/midcase spacing is not correct for the 15400. Also hands do not look gen to me.

Like I said, it will be helpful if you explain the reason for your question. Are you genuinely asking, or is it because someone is trying to sell this to you as a gen, or what?
We are happy to help where we can.

Wangddssaa

Horology Curious
10/10/19
If movement is a gen 3120 caliber, why will you need to ask question if certain parts of the watch are rep? It will help to provide a background. Is watch a franken? Or are you testing the community about its knowledge?
The bezel/midcase spacing is not correct for the 15400. Also hands do not look gen to me.

Like I said, it will be helpful if you explain the reason for your question. Are you genuinely asking, or is it because someone is trying to sell this to you as a gen, or what?
We are happy to help where we can.
Hi legend, I’m not trying to testing anything. I originally owned a gen J series 15400 black dial. I just swap the black dial to blue dial today. But from my observation the ap logo is slight different from my original black dial. That’s why I ask for help here.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi legend, I’m not trying to testing anything. I originally owned a gen J series 15400 black dial. I just swap the black dial to blue dial today. But from my observation the ap logo is slight different from my original black dial. That’s why I ask for help here.

Haha, thanks for clarifying. I didn't really scrutinize your watch details before.
OK the reason I said the dial isn't gen, nicely printed as it is, is because of the "Swiss made" text. The position of the "SWISS" and "MADE" are different on J series dials that I have seen. The color of the blue is a J series one (or early K series) and I am basing my observation on other J series prints I have seen. There are different logo types for the 15400, the one on your dial is correct as per the series. I am kinda out of touch with the 15400 (gen and rep) and perhaps you can search to see if there are variations of the "swiss made" print.
You mean you swapped only the dial and datewheel to the blue one?

Also, the hands do not look gen to me. I do not mean to be rude and call your gen a rep, Wangddssaa but I have taken a closer look and that is what my observation tells me. Maybe QueTip can weigh in on this. Interesting looking watch you've got there. And like I said this shade of blue is my favorite among the different blue dials I've seen.
Where did you get the blue dial and datewheel? If your watch has a gen 3120 caliber like I said, there is no other datewheel that will fit (and work with) the movement.

Last edited:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Just flip it over and show your movement. EzPz, Hands, bezel and what legend said appears to be rep to me as well.

Wangddssaa

Horology Curious
10/10/19
Hi QueTip, here is the picture of the calibre, and how can you tell if it is gen hands or bezel?

Just flip it over and show your movement. EzPz, Hands, bezel and what legend said appears to be rep to me as well.
ff9fc665fbb0b45652280e3de55e94d0.jpg

Wangddssaa

Horology Curious
10/10/19
Haha, thanks for clarifying. I didn't really scrutinize your watch details before.
OK the reason I said the dial isn't gen, nicely printed as it is, is because of the "Swiss made" text. The position of the "SWISS" and "MADE" are different on J series dials that I have seen. The color of the blue is a J series one (or early K series) and I am basing my observation on other J series prints I have seen. There are different logo types for the 15400, the one on your dial is correct as per the series. I am kinda out of touch with the 15400 (gen and rep) and perhaps you can search to see if there are variations of the "swiss made" print.
You mean you swapped only the dial and datewheel to the blue one?

Also, the hands do not look gen to me. I do not mean to be rude and call your gen a rep, Wangddssaa but I have taken a closer look and that is what my observation tells me. Maybe QueTip can weigh in on this. Interesting looking watch you've got there. And like I said this shade of blue is my favorite among the different blue dials I've seen.
Where did you get the blue dial and datewheel? If your watch has a gen 3120 caliber like I said, there is no other datewheel that will fit (and work with) the movement.

No problem, thank you for your replying