• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Safari rep JF tachy color. Is it close to gen?

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
question for members that built a franken safari. how close in color is the cream rep tachy to the gen dial? is it so far off that you would not consider the build without a gen tachy.

also if you have built a franken safari using a gen tach, do you still have the rep tachy in perfect condition. i heard the JF rep is no longer made.

royal-oak-offshore-safari-jf-best-edition-on-brown-leather-strap-a7750.jpg

Last edited:

flying-tommy

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
21/8/12
question for members that built a franken safari. how close in color is the cream rep tachy to the gen dial? is it so far off that you would not consider the build without a gen tachy.

also if you have built a franken safari using a gen tach, do you still have the rep tachy in perfect condition. i heard the JF rep is no longer made.

royal-oak-offshore-safari-jf-best-edition-on-brown-leather-strap-a7750.jpg

I would recommend to go with a Gen Tachy, some Rep Tachys are not too bad but from the Safari the color is off.

3e3c2a96e40a5a3f546ec4c07d80399f.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
the c24 tachy is out my price range.

Think of it in terms of worth and not dollar price. Sadly, there is no proper substitute for the safari tachy if you want a decent looking franken. Rather than pay for something cheap and then have it bother you each time you look at the watch, why not spend more and get a gen tachy like what the rest of us are advocating?
You do want a decent franken, and for parts like gen dial/tachy/hands, the alternatives are currently all poor choices. I’ll advise you to get the gen tachy if you’re building an AP franken. It’s not just worth it, but it’s the only way that it should go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and Tompa

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
Think of it in terms of worth and not dollar price. Sadly, there is no proper substitute for the safari tachy if you want a decent looking franken. Rather than pay for something cheap and then have it bother you each time you look at the watch, why not spend more and get a gen tachy like what the rest of us are advocating?
You do want a decent franken, and for parts like gen dial/tachy/hands, the alternatives are currently all poor choices. I’ll advise you to get the gen tachy if you’re building an AP franken. It’s not just worth it, but it’s the only way that it should go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said. Don’t ruin your build with subpar parts. In the end you’ll pay double.

Reactions: Tompa

pdx7

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
7/4/13
imo all rep tachys look bad. scount ebay for gen ones they come up