• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob 44mm AP Offshore with forged case

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Honestly, if you like it, get it. I do prefer the noob FC 44 dial compared with the JF one.
This uses the identical movement as the FC one, so this is a good deal where I'm concerned for the price.
You will need the cyclop/dw upgraded though.

Reactions: Allure and littowun

J.B.Thomas

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/10/13
Thank you, regarding true FC is it me, or does the authentic watches have more of a gloss sheen to the case that the replicas lack?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mr.minhghi

13/2/17
I bought 2 for me and my brother while the price is so nice.

Reactions: mjt42

mjt42

Horology Curious
29/12/14
Following this as I have just purchased the Noob Schumacher model.
Bought more as a cost effective way of sampling the size and functionality at half the price of the titanium jf model.

Look forward to seeing pics of your and hearing your thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

dullidulli

Certified
3/6/13
Following this as I have just purchased the Noob Schumacher model.
Bought more as a cost effective way of sampling the size and functionality at half the price of the titanium jf model.

Look forward to seeing pics of your and hearing your thoughts.

Please let us know how the Noob Schumacher is as soon as it arrives. That would be great.

Reactions: mjt42

SVR

Known Member
Supporter
5/7/15
Can one of the very knowledgeable members explain whats the differences in quality and parts from the JF and noob AP,s

for example a schumacher,
or a rose gold rubber clad,

thanks J

mjt42

Horology Curious
29/12/14
Can one of the very knowledgeable members explain whats the differences in quality and parts from the JF and noob AP,s

for example a schumacher,
or a rose gold rubber clad,

thanks J
On the Schumacher, the jf gives you a titanium case for the extra money over the stainless one from noob. I would be interested to know the weight difference between the two models...

Brunswick

28/6/19
Can anyone please comment on the reliability of the current generation of sec@12? Will it need the graphite treatment OOTB or is it solid as long as the chronographs aren't used daily.

Last edited by a moderator:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Can anyone please comment on the reliability of the current generation of sec@12? Will it need the graphite treatment OOTB or is it solid as long as the chronographs aren't used daily.

The A7750 sec@12 is a modified 7750 sec@9 movement, and requires a set of gears to transfer the moving seconds from 9 to 12. Kudos to the rep makers for innovating this design.
The key issues with the movement are friction, overall thickness, and reliability of the chronograph function.
The recent batches seem to be better out of the box compared with the initial releases a few years ago. I will recommend you get it serviced and replace the mainspring with a swiss 7750 one, it is the most practical mod for reliability for this movement design. Graphite mods or jewel mods are great in theory, but may not be as practical to execute in real life. To answer your question direct, no it will not require a graphite mod out of the box. Many guys wait for the first symptoms to surface before sending it off to service and/or mainspring replacement.

J.B.Thomas

9/10/13
Wow how much is the noob Schumacher going for with the reduced price?

J.B.Thomas

9/10/13
I love the jf titanium if that’s the one that has a grey dial and the gray band looks amazing

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
this should be the standard price for a rep ROO given the flaws

If I could find a nice modern DW i'd buy the FC now

Reactions: Champsy

mjt42

Horology Curious
29/12/14
My Schumacher arrived a couple of days ago and all I can say is I am blown away by the quality at this price point.

I can't make comparisons to the JF but it would have to be a lot better to be worth over double the price.
0299c2ff854f4f37ab922767eced8ec3.jpg
c6f3ab61db29d698fc91e127f2ce4bb1.jpg
a606d0bc7b79389fab6f227d43dd3a94.jpg
926fa41129fe068bbde89c771ad61191.jpg
d509cbc3788ebe4fdfae0a9f565d56ab.jpg

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
My Schumacher arrived a couple of days ago and all I can say is I am blown away by the quality at this price point.

I can't make comparisons to the JF but it would have to be a lot better to be worth over double the price.
0299c2ff854f4f37ab922767eced8ec3.jpg

No, JF is not a lot better. They are simply better known in the AP rep game for the past few years, and gained quite a following. But I am not a JF fanboy and never will be.
Your watch is a beauty, congrats and wear it well!

Reactions: Allure and mjt42