Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Franken Bumblebee stolen :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sucks to hear stuff like this. How big of a person are you? I've always felt my size keep most criminals away. Not that I stand a chance against a gun or a knife.

Comment

Originally posted by Acurtisttu View Post
      Sucks to hear stuff like this. How big of a person are you? I've always felt my size keep most criminals away. Not that I stand a chance against a gun or a knife.
      What does it matter? Kids in London don’t give a fuck how big you are. They’ll still rob you at knifepoint if they see easy money.

Sorry to hear this OP.
      WANT TO BUY:
      Noob Rolex Submariner 116610ln SA3135 V7/V8/V9 working or not I don’t care.

Comment

Originally posted by bill33 View Post

What does it matter? Kids in London don’t give a fuck how big you are. They’ll still rob you at knifepoint if they see easy money.

Sorry to hear this OP.
        This x100

TitleistRolex: my question wasn't to ask "Hey QueDick can you tell any flaws of this watch or that watch?!"
        RM#1:
        I’ll give you my cell and FaceTime me and I’ll show you wealth you petty lil child

QFOAHDT

Comment

Originally posted by bill33 View Post

Sorry to hear this OP.
          Criminals are typically lazy roaches of most societies....theyll choose the easier lookin path.

Comment

Physical size can be intimidating in some situations I agree, like in spontaneous physical conflicts. But if someone wants to rob you at knife or gunpoint, it won’t matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Criminals are typically lazy roaches of most societies....theyll choose the easier lookin path.
              Check the list of fatal stabbings in UK and you'll see quite a few big fellas there. Sadly I don't think it will stop anyone if they want to take your watch.

I don't go for drinks anymore, but if I did I would probably leave the most flashy pieces at home and go just with my more understated ones.
              ​​​​​

Comment

Would like to see their faces when they are trying to sell it as gen what they supposed to be.
                Then they will get trouble.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chris12345 View Post
                  Would like to see their faces when they are trying to sell it as gen what they supposed to be.
                  Then they will get trouble.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
                  Actually.. there is an unknown (but likely small) percentage of frankens or even modded reps being sold as used gens.
                  I have personally seen 2-3 franken ROOs being sold as gen myself. In one case, I told the shop owner to remove the caseback cover and it was a Hamilton movement inside.
                  In the another case, the shop owner acted like he did not care one way or another when he was informed. So.. the issue could be with him.
                  So these frankens get passed along "without box and papers" classically, and sometimes the wearer is simply not aware that he is wearing a rep, just because a reputable secondhand dealer sold the watch to him.
                  It does happen, and given the fact that the watch is a franken bumblebee, it will be even harder to distinguish it from the gen by someone with insufficient knowledge or experience.

Comment

Watch probably won't be sold, the muggers will swap it for drugs that they will either use themselves or most probably sell on, it's easier for street scum to sell small amounts of drugs to convert to cash than sell an expensive watch. The watch will then be worn by one of the wannabe gangsta drug gang posing on Facebook and Instagram.

Comment

I was also thinking they're likely to trade it with a drug dealer. If the drug dealer finds it's worth a whole lot less than they first bargained for, someone is going to get broken legs. Justice may prevail in one tiny aspect.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you are okay.

I just read that there has been a dramatic increase in planned robberies where high end watches is the target in Sweden.

It appears that they know where the victims live since many of the robberies happened when they were entering or leaving their homes.

Comment

Thank you very much to everyone for the moral boost / replies / etc.

I completely agree and am grateful that I got to walk/limp away without a stab wound or worse.
                          I grew up an a poor country, where killing is normal, so I count myself lucky. A watch is just a material good that can always be replaced.

​​​​​​I am fortunate enough to own various gens, which I rotate daily. This masterpiece was right up there with the gens I own.
                          just makes us all appreciate the fact that we get to wear such beauties.

​​​​​For now i'm back on my favourite quartz gen : D1 Milano. Let's call it a AP homage..takes a beating and doesn't show a scratch

Comment

Where abouts in London where you mate?

Comment

Wow, glad to hear you are OK though!

Comment

I’m sorry for what happened to you, hope you're well!
                                My Buildings:

Super Franken 5513, gilt dial
                                Franken Rolex 1680 white
                                Rolex 5513
                                1665 Double Red Sea Dweller
                                ROLEX Red Submariner 1680 Tiffany
                                Tudor Submariner 7016 Snowflake
                                GMT 1675 El Cornino
                                Rolex 5512 Serpico Y Laino
                                Rolex 5513 Tiffany & Co.

You can learn more about me here

Comment