• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Is the white dial actually “white” or a whitey/silvery colour as per the Gen? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No clue... have to get it to see it in real life ;)

Grillo

Supporter
Certified
8/1/20
Germany
Hello mates, what exactly are "forbiden" hours?

Thanks for the guidance!

If the automatic watch has a calendar or a quick switch, it should not be operated between 8 p.m. and 3 a.m. Also, the hands should not be set backwards for more than 24 hours, which can damage the calendar function.

Reactions: Swiss Maiden

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
Just wondering, if ai want to dress down and put it on rubber, is the regular 26mm/42mm roo strap works with the 15500?

srhoque

28/11/18
Just wondering, if ai want to dress down and put it on rubber, is the regular 26mm/42mm roo strap works with the 15500?

Don’t...ZF has made the bracelet very well on this one. Just need to smooth out the edges a bit.

Reactions: Vric

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
Don’t...ZF has made the bracelet very well on this one. Just need to smooth out the edges a bit.

I know bracelet is stellar, but it's nice to have option (coming from guy that has MUCH more strap than watch : p)

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom

I have heard this from a few people. What does this entail please? Bit of emery paper along the corners or something else? Thank you srhoque

srhoque

28/11/18
I have heard this from a few people. What does this entail please? Bit of emery paper along the corners or something else? Thank you srhoque

That should work. But I would suggest getting a sanding wheel on dremel. You will get a smoother and uniform finish. Or if you are in CONUS, send it to Jon.

Reactions: balance27

peterpl

24/7/11

How to smooth out the edges? Just with small grit sandpaper? Which sections of the edges need to smooth out?

Reactions: balance27

srhoque

28/11/18
How to smooth out the edges? Just with small grit sandpaper? Which sections of the edges need to smooth out?

Use sand wheel on a dremel. It’s the outside edges of bracelet, pretty much the entire length on wrist.

Last edited:

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
im also awaiting the white/ silver dial variation.

i have a blue dial PP 5711 so the blue 15500 would be a bit redundant.

thanks

I am relatively new to the AP neck of the woods... did a bunch of research over the last week and have a pretty firm baseline understanding of the various model versions of the traditional RO. Is there a difference between a white and silver dial? Or are they just two terms for the same color?

Reactions: Yachtmaster_Chris

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I am relatively new to the AP neck of the woods... did a bunch of research over the last week and have a pretty firm baseline understanding of the various model versions of the traditional RO. Is there a difference between a white and silver dial? Or are they just two terms for the same color?

As the name suggests. White = White, Silver = Silver :lol:

There's pure white dials or cream white and there's white dials that have a silver effect to them.

Example for 1 Offshore Navy or Safari and for 2 Panda

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
As the name suggests. White = White, Silver = Silver :lol:

There's pure white dials or cream white and there's white dials that have a silver effect to them.

Example for 1 Offshore Navy or Safari and for 2 Panda

Thanks - this new 15500 release by ZF, is that considered white or silver? From what I can tell from the AP website, there is only one 15500 with that coloration:

Blue

Grey

Black

Si-.... white? SIlver? Looks like AP consider it silver based off the verbiage on their official site

You’re welcome!

If the owner changes the date during the “forbidden hours”, it may cause damage to the gears and you can end up with issues in the date change mechanism.
But a slow changing date is something unbearable for me, especially for AP watches! In fact it’s another reason I don’t wear APs.. I would have loved to see a modified 2836 used instead, even if the decoration will still be way off lol.

What are the forbidden hours? I have recently acquired an IWC Portuguese annual calendar (rep is a triple calendar) and I know little about the care of such a watch. Any chance you could detail me briefly on the 'do not's of such a watch? All I know is not to set the time in reverse except if it is just an adjustment of a few minutes.

Last edited:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
this new 15500 release by ZF, is that considered white or silver?
From what I've seen on pics and the video on PT, I'd say silver but I haven't seen the ZF in hand.

James2020

1/6/20
What are the forbidden hours? I have recently acquired an IWC Portuguese annual calendar (rep is a triple calendar) and I know little about the care of such a watch. Any chance you could detail me briefly on the 'do not's of such a watch? All I know is not to set the time in reverse except if it is just an adjustment of a few minutes.

More info on the ‘forbidden hours’ in the link blow

https://theslenderwrist.com/date-change/

For me, I don’t fiddle with the date once the sun goes down. If I need to change the date, I would do it in the morning when I put on the watch and head off to work.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

It is my personal habit to ensure that the hands are at 6:30 before quick-setting the date for every automatic watch with the date function. That way, you will need to remember only one hand position instead of a period of time to avoid.

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom
It is my personal habit to ensure that the hands are at 6:30 before quick-setting the date for every automatic watch with the date function. That way, you will need to remember only one hand position instead of a period of time to avoid.

Exactly what I do.

Reactions: legend