• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

Venniz

26/7/20
We definitely do not want everything to believe that duct tape solves every problem in the world. Or rice for that matter. We know one is crucial for kidnap and the other useful when preparing risotto.

Obviously we ALL know duct tape is used to kidnap people's.
:confused: :evil:

Last edited:
Reactions: legend

Addy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/11/20
OK 3 easy steps
1. unscrew the screw cap, and once that is done...
2. unfold a paper clip (or yes use a pin pusher like what gilrob said) and push the end out from the OTHER end (the one without the screw cap).
3. Say "yes, that was easy!" after you are done.

I easily unscrewed the other screws, without much effort, but these are the ones that fail. That is, the bolt simply does not unscrew.

Addy

4/11/20
Try pushing it out with a pin pusher. Soaking it with WD40 also helps.

If I lock part of the watch strap in the WD40 for a few hours, won't it damage the metal on the bracelet?

I am afraid that the bracelet (metal) will change its color. Has anyone tried this?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
If I lock part of the watch strap in the WD40 for a few hours, won't it damage the metal on the bracelet?

I am afraid that the bracelet (metal) will change its color. Has anyone tried this?

No it’s fine. Just use a small amount and it’s not something meant to be left for hours on the metal. Just a minute will do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and Addy

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada

Is your bracelet plated or stainless steel? Stainless steel won't stain/discolor from prolonged contact with WD-40, I've done this before while loosening stubborn screws. I don't know if plated steel will stain/discolor with prolonged contact with WD-40. When done, rinse your bracelet with soapy water to get rid of any WD-40 residue.

All the best.

Reactions: Addy

jojobaji

25/12/20
Everywhere
Hi everyone,

im Jojo.

Just ordered now a new AP 15500 ZF V2, from InTime05.com

Waiting to receive QC pics, will keep you updated.

Meanwhile someone has something to say about this TD?

Thanks
Bye

jojobaji

25/12/20
Everywhere
Hi everyone,

im Jojo.

Just ordered now a new AP 15500 ZF V2, from InTime05.com

Waiting to receive QC pics, will keep you updated.

Meanwhile someone has something to say about this TD?

Thanks
Bye

jojobaji

25/12/20
Everywhere
Hi Everyone,

UPDATE:

Yesterday night i paid the watch. This morning received the QC (almost at speed of light).

I CONFIRMED them because the rep is awesome.

Some hours later i received time graph picture, it gains 2 s/d. JFYI following a QC (already approved):

Reactions: Sarahstot

Venniz

26/7/20
Hi Everyone,

UPDATE:

Yesterday night i paid the watch. This morning received the QC (almost at speed of light).

I CONFIRMED them because the rep is awesome.

Some hours later i received time graph picture, it gains 2 s/d. JFYI following a QC (already approved):

2 s/d is perfect. Under 10 for me is perfect.;)

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
My ZF 15500 is +\- 0 seconds a day. Better than my gen 15500 blue dial.

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
Throw the gen into the trash, then tell me where to come and I'll dispose of it for you...

Already did....gave the gen piece of trash to FedEx and sent it to a trusted 47th ST dealer who paid me $30k for it. The 15500 is absolutely NWBIG.

bene1337

16/1/17
Ordered my 15500 at Chazingtime. Received QC pics insanely fast (already Approved). Such a beautiful rep. Waiting for shipping now and I will post pics as soon as it arrives.

Reactions: Pizzo

N0tail_

1/6/17
Processed-with-VSCO-with-a6-preset.jpg

Received my ZF 15500 in the mail a few days ago and I'm very impressed. Staring at these dials all day on a computer screen really accentuates the flaws but in person it's shocking how detailed these reps are.

I'm not sure if I've gained weight over the Christmas/New Year break but the additional thickness in the case-back and bracelet isn't that noticeable on wrist. In fact, the more modern 15500 dial changes the characteristics entirely compared to the 15400.

Smash

2/10/12
Does anyone know of a modder in Australia (preferably Sydney) that could service movement / silence rotor, etc? About to pull the trigger on the black dial version...