• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Royal Oak by JF vs Didun?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
It wasn‘t meant to be arrogant.

It was more like „if you would care about quality in watches - pictures would be enough to tell you that this brand is nothing but garbage if you are looking for the bespoken quality“

do you like this answer more?

To be absolutely sure not to come across like an unhelpful fool - let me rephrase it - this didun got obviously misaligned date numbers, crooked markers, rattly bracelet (telling by the tolerances that are even visible from pictures...) and yeah everything else is simply poorly finished if you have a look at a JF or a gen...

like i said - if you have standards and know about quality in watches (i assume you do when you talk about your tudor) then you wouldn‘t have asked the question.

repsbro

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/6/19
If you can’t see it looks like trash go buy it. Afterall youtubers love it.

It's quite ironic, you're trying to make fun of me for thinking it's good because "youtubers love it" aka faith that is unearned, yet you're also upset at me for not accepting that the JF is miles better, also on blind faith.

You do understand that his is hypocritical, correct?

Fact is I really don't know the quality in relation to JF for the Didun, I was hoping someone personally handled both. Cause on video the Didun seems pretty good.

repsbro

Banned
28/6/19
It wasn‘t meant to be arrogant.

It was more like „if you would care about quality in watches - pictures would be enough to tell you that this brand is nothing but garbage if you are looking for the bespoken quality“

do you like this answer more?

To be absolutely sure not to come across like an unhelpful fool - let me rephrase it - this didun got obviously misaligned date numbers, crooked markers, rattly bracelet (telling by the tolerances that are even visible from pictures...) and yeah everything else is simply poorly finished if you have a look at a JF or a gen...

like i said - if you have standards and know about quality in watches (i assume you do when you talk about your tudor) then you wouldn‘t have asked the question.

Well, I appreciate your response given your explanation on why you feel the Didun is bad. Thank you.

Reactions: BIONONE

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Fact is I really don't know the quality in relation to JF for the Didun, I was hoping someone personally handled both. Cause on video the Didun seems pretty good.

Fact is We really know the quality in relation to JF for the Didun.

We took a short cut by telling you the harsh truth - the didun sucks.

Observe it by yourself or feel it on your wrist - OR you simply believe us and dont mix up experience with arrogance.

Blingo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
30/9/18
Turkey
Of course JF.
Usually sucks on homage steel watches

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

repsbro

Banned
28/6/19
Fact is We really know the quality in relation to JF for the Didun.

We took a short cut by telling you the harsh truth - the didun sucks.

Observe it by yourself or feel it on your wrist - OR you simply believe us and dont mix up experience with arrogance.

Well for those less experienced, telling people why something sucks via a shortcut doesnt' sit well with people. Some people, such as I, would like to know why instead of just accepting it at par value. Makes sense don't it?

Also, experience and arrogance are not mutually exclusive. I think the way this was initially handled, experienced as it may be, was most definitely arrogant.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Look at the picture of the didum and then the JF surely that's enough to back up the fact that the didum looks like shit in comparison.

you came here and asked a question and when probably the most knowledgeable member on APs' gives you an answer you expect him to write a 5000 word essay on his reasoning.

the didum is about as pointless as having a Ferrari replica with a Hyundai badge on the bonnet

repsbro

Banned
28/6/19
Look at the picture of the didum and then the JF surely that's enough to back up the fact that the didum looks like shit in comparison.

you came here and asked a question and when probably the most knowledgeable member on APs' gives you an answer you expect him to write a 5000 word essay on his reasoning.

the didum is about as pointless as having a Ferrari replica with a Hyundai badge on the bonnet

Oh come on, there's a huge middle ground between having ANY explanation on why it sucks (all I wanted was a few words) and a 5000 word essay. I simply wanted more than "it fkn sucks". Hyperbolic much?

Last edited:

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Oh come on, there's a huge middle ground between having ANY explanation on why it sucks (all I wanted was a few words) and a 5000 word essay. I simply wanted more than "it fkn sucks". Hyperbolic much?

Dude wtf is your problem. You ask for advice and wont listen. It looks like trash what else is there to say. If you can’t see it how can we make you?

I’m not wasting any more time with this.

Reactions: fitipaldi

repsbro

Banned
28/6/19
Dude wtf is your problem. You ask for advice and wont listen. It looks like trash what else is there to say. If you can’t see it how can we make you?

I’m not wasting any more time with this.

Are you acting dense or are you seriously this inept? I just asked for reasons why it sucks. Is it seriously that hard to comprehend? After many shitposts, BIONONE finally came through with a respectable answer, for which I have thanked him. That was all I wanted, but it took some work.

Please re evaluate what you're arguing against, I don't believe you can't understand the situation.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Are you acting dense or are you seriously this inept? I just asked for reasons why it sucks. Is it seriously that hard to comprehend? After many shitposts, BIONONE finally came through with a respectable answer, for which I have thanked him. That was all I wanted, but it took some work.

Please re evaluate what you're arguing against, I don't believe you can't understand the situation.

Are you acting like the hero of the day or are you actually THAT stupid??? Countless people now have told you that it will suck, it looks like shit, it will have bad quality not to be compared to a rep JF let alone to a gen. WHAT ARE YOU EXPECTING? Any more of that shit and you can sign up on Reddit, your username seems to fit well with them anyway. Roger?

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
IMO, never ever buy a homage BECAUSE of the FF reasons.

1. You will look funny. You will be having the same looks of the watch but the thing is that the logo is different. And for me if I saw one I will definitely laugh at it. It's better buy a rep. You will have the confidence of showing it off, just make sure that you don't go around and says that it's a Gen. In my case I told my friends that it's a rep and still they won't believe me. Maybe because I have the boxes and the complete paper works. And maybe because my lifestyle as well. (This are my opinions only)

2. The Quality is really bad. Trust me.

repsbro

Banned
28/6/19
Are you acting like the hero of the day or are you actually THAT stupid??? Countless people now have told you that it will suck, it looks like shit, it will have bad quality not to be compared to a rep JF let alone to a gen. WHAT ARE YOU EXPECTING? Any more of that shit and you can sign up on Reddit, your username seems to fit well with them anyway. Roger?

I legtimiately can't believe you are this thick headed. Let me write this in big words for you to understand better: SAYING SOMETHING SUCKS ISN'T A CLEAR ANSWER TO CHANGE SOMEONE'S MIND. REASONS MATTER.

"What are you expecting?" you ask? Umm, reasons? something to back up your rationale? Why you feel the way that you do?

And again, BIONONE actually finally answered the question after all the bullshit. So why are people still complaining?

My goodness, and this isn't arrogance, right? Give me a break.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I legtimiately can't believe you are this thick headed. Let me write this in big words for you to understand better: SAYING SOMETHING SUCKS ISN'T A CLEAR ANSWER TO CHANGE SOMEONE'S MIND. REASONS MATTER.

"What are you expecting?" you ask? Umm, reasons? something to back up your rationale? Why you feel the way that you do?

And again, BIONONE actually finally answered the question after all the bullshit. So why are people still complaining?

My goodness, and this isn't arrogance, right? Give me a break.

Well. Something sucking is an answer to the question whether or not the quality is good, no?

Being on here is a privilege not a right.
Infraction given.

Last edited:

repsbro

Banned
28/6/19
Well. Something sucking is an answer to the question whether or not the quality is good, no?

Being on here is a privilege not a right.
Infraction given.

Do you honestly believe that saying something sucks and just that would suffice for most people? Do you really think that's a good way to go on about anything in life? Giving me an infraction for wanting some rationale is borderline naziesque, I hope you grow up one day.

Thank you for letting me know "it sucks" -- I sure learned a lot today.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Why do I get the feeling QT is loosing his patience here? The same goes for the rest of us. This is not reddit. You wont get a long stay here with that attitude.

repsbro

Banned
28/6/19
Why do I get the feeling QT is loosing his patience here? The same goes for the rest of us. This is not reddit. You wont get a long stay here with that attitude.

I've got to be honest, people on reddit actually discuss things with logic and reasoning at least. Saying "this isn't reddit, we forcefeed you our opinions without backing it up and you will like it" doesn't sit well with me. If you think that's me having an attitude, then maybe I shouldn't be here.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I've got to be honest, people on reddit actually discuss things with logic and reasoning at least. Saying "this isn't reddit, we forcefeed you our opinions without backing it up and you will like it" doesn't sit well with me. If you think that's me having an attitude, then maybe I shouldn't be here.

Don’t let the door hit you. Have fun on reddit.