• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V4 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
6cf17e56a88b535e530c454071599447.jpg
a3ad9be9835915c11c7e7bc7d7e65526.jpg
65bcefdfee0f13cb779d70ac35b3c535.jpg

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
Congratulations to your build. I know how much time It needs.

Wear it proudly!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thank you T for goading/encouraging me to do this, and for your beautiful work— the mirror-like finish of the plating must be seen in person to be appreciated. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: flying-tommy

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

This, and the frankens flying-tommy , Revolper and a few others have, are becoming important pieces, and the last vestiges in the AP franken history.

AP is clamping down on parts, and they sure mean business, as my friend and fellow gen AP owner Champsy have experienced recently and repeatedly. New parts like gen hands, and even gen dials and tachymeters of the newer models are becoming rare, as the supply becomes severely constricted. Yes there is currently still a circulation of AP parts floating in the market, but while all those are touted as "genuine", a large portion of them are actually aftermarket, defective genuine parts, factory rejects, parts of unknown origins, and of course, reps. I have for example never seen a set of gen 26470 gen hands for sale, and even the older gen hands used for the classic models are almost impossible to source brand new now. I have no doubt that they are still obtainable, but a lot more rare compared with the good old days when every AP franken owners gets to buy gen hands effortlessly.

You guys are hence holding on to treasures in the AP community, and while new builds will keep coming, I doubt that the supply of parts will ease up, and the accessibility to gen parts increased. In short, you guys have built what have come to represent the epitome of the franken hobby, and I am happy to see such quality parts and work meet in such beautiful fusion. The plating work done by flying tommy is stupendous, and visually, I have no trouble believing the genuineness of your RGRCs, upon casual inspection of the pictures. So hold on to what you have guys, because it is almost impossible to repeat such builds again. They have become priceless in a sense.

There are a garden variety of AP frankens going around yes. But you guys truly understand what AP frankens are about. I will like to commend you all on your superlatively fantastic builds and I am happy to see the final visual result of each project. Thank you for sharing your pieces and for keeping this highly specialized of this hobby alive.

flying-tommy

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
21/8/12
This, and the frankens flying-tommy , Revolper and a few others have, are becoming important pieces, and the last vestiges in the AP franken history.

AP is clamping down on parts, and they sure mean business, as my friend and fellow gen AP owner Champsy have experienced recently and repeatedly. New parts like gen hands, and even gen dials and tachymeters of the newer models are becoming rare, as the supply becomes severely constricted. Yes there is currently still a circulation of AP parts floating in the market, but while all those are touted as "genuine", a large portion of them are actually aftermarket, defective genuine parts, factory rejects, parts of unknown origins, and of course, reps. I have for example never seen a set of gen 26470 gen hands for sale, and even the older gen hands used for the classic models are almost impossible to source brand new now. I have no doubt that they are still obtainable, but a lot more rare compared with the good old days when every AP franken owners gets to buy gen hands effortlessly.

You guys are hence holding on to treasures in the AP community, and while new builds will keep coming, I doubt that the supply of parts will ease up, and the accessibility to gen parts increased. In short, you guys have built what have come to represent the epitome of the franken hobby, and I am happy to see such quality parts and work meet in such beautiful fusion. The plating work done by flying tommy is stupendous, and visually, I have no trouble believing the genuineness of your RGRCs, upon casual inspection of the pictures. So hold on to what you have guys, because it is almost impossible to repeat such builds again. They have become priceless in a sense.

There are a garden variety of AP frankens going around yes. But you guys truly understand what AP frankens are about. I will like to commend you all on your superlatively fantastic builds and I am happy to see the final visual result of each project. Thank you for sharing your pieces and for keeping this highly specialized of this hobby alive.

Thank you so much Legend for your time to explain something like this for the Community!
I’m 100 percent with you.

You are one of very few persons how knows the Franken Game from the beginning to the point where we staying now.

I’m unfortunately too late for the best Franken time.

But I learned so much in the last years, connecting to very nice peoples and have really new friends.
one of them is Domi. I've spent a lot of time with him in the past and appreciate him for his work but even more for his personality.
And now his wife and my wife also friends, what could be better;)

which I notice more and more is it’s harder and harder to collect new or like new Gen Parts for a good Franken Build. The Prices increases to the moon if you could find some.

We have now limited factors with following:

- Domis Time
- Hands new or old it’s a pity
- also Datewheel’s are more rare
- New or very good Gen Dials and Tachy’s
- Unbelievable but the “old” Cases are out of Stock and all TD’s could not source it only the Beast. The Factory will not produce the old Models anymore

With the new Policy/Strategy from AP new Parts are harder to get like the older ones.

I don’t know Legend if you know which is my dream AP :)
It’s the Ghost, for me an perfection in Material Mix and Colors.

But ist actually clear it’s impossible to build this beauty in the future as a Franken.

Therefore I have decided to let some Frankens go and Mixed my Collection with my first Gen AP.

I will need a bit more time to save some money and selling some Watches but I’m really happy for this Project.

Thanks again for your time and knowledge here.

*** but of course it does not mean that I stop with the Reps / Franken ;)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
Throwback. #watchonshoe
030dcf05c096d8928e19ec52c03ad9c0.jpg
Thank you legend for the kind words of encouragement. You and other experts on this board understand the challenges and dividends of the franken game — it is and has always been a game of choosing the best compromises. The paucity of gen parts has made this even more true. flying-tommy and others will have to make the difficult choice between hanging on to these bits of history that often have personal meaning vs. moving on and selling them to others who will appreciate them for what they are...

Status
Not open for further replies.