• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V4 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
Only a small Teaser.....

It’s not my Part to present this beautiful Watch ;)

01e39f3fc936cf0ccec935c2f91b5dc8.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I am so excited to receive this masterpiece! I will post lots of pics :)

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
Reactions: littowun

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
good job mr tommy. is this the fantasy piece with the edge v2 date wheel?
now all us franken owners with those terrible mickey hand stacks and date wheels await the public dissection by the Legend. can't wait! :woot:
quote: "you post it, we can discuss it"

Ah well Garuda you always like to make fun of me lol.
But seriously, we all know that mikey hands/ aftermarket dw/LWO movements are very common combinations for frankens. I get that this is a hobby, and that building frankens is just a higher level part of it.
To me it is mostly about sharing knowledge and facts, and I hope that the owners do not take umbrage. For RG ROO frankens, the weight (or obvious lack of) is a great tell for me off the wrist, and one reason why I wear gold watches of any kind, is to feel the heft on the wrist. I get it that most just go for the looks and that's totally ok. For the gold themes franken, yes the DW is a H series one and not the correct one. I had highlighted this to the owner before selling it to him.
But I think calling it a fantasy purely on the basis that it has the wrong datewheel, ignores the larger picture that
there will be a lot more inaccuracies with the watch even after it is completed. In this regard, all AP frankens are fantasies, as no AP uses the LWO movements, or gold plated cases right? So where do we draw the line at labels? I think that we should always remember that every replica has a gen counterpart to be used as the benchmark. Replicas are by default replicating something and not an original design or concept. So even if the owner had put the correct datewheel in the watch, there will still even accuracies IMHO to render it a "fantasy" build. But at the end, it is just appellations we use.

Visually, I do think that it will be an attention catching piece on the wrist, and I do look forward to the pictures and builds.

Within the context of the hobby and within RWI, I am sure that it is a build worthy of superlatives and I will be in the line somewhere to offer my own congratulations too. It will be a watch built to please the owner, and it will fulfill its mission well.
I view AP frankens more of customized/personalized watches which resemble AP, but isn't really one. And that is totally fine because it is what our hobby is about, rather than each one of us going out buying gens and posting pics of them to compare differences in features of different models.

So yes, bring on the franken/personalized/customized builds.

Last edited:

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
Ah well Garuda you always like to make fun of me lol.
But seriously, we all know that mikey hands/ aftermarket dw/LWO movements are very common combinations for frankens. I get that this is a hobby, and that building frankens is just a higher level part of it.
To me it is mostly about sharing knowledge and facts, and I hope that the owners do not take umbrage. For RG ROO frankens, the weight (or obvious lack of) is a great tell for me off the wrist, and one reason why I wear gold watches of any kind, is to feel the heft on the wrist. I get it that most just go for the looks and that's totally ok. For the gold themes franken, yes the DW is a H series one and not the correct one. I had highlighted this to the owner before selling it to him.
But I think calling it a fantasy purely on the basis that it has the wrong datewheel, ignores the larger picture that
there will be a lot more inaccuracies with the watch even after it is completed. In this regard, all AP frankens are fantasies, as no AP uses the LWO movements, or gold plated cases right? So where do we draw the line at labels? I think that we should always remember that every replica has a gen counterpart to be used as the benchmark. Replicas are by default replicating something and not an original design or concept. So even if the owner had put the correct datewheel in the watch, there will still even accuracies IMHO to render it a "fantasy" build. But at the end, it is just appellations we use.

Visually, I do think that it will be an attention catching piece on the wrist, and I do look forward to the pictures and builds.

Within the context of the hobby and within RWI, I am sure that it is a build worthy of superlatives and I will be in the line somewhere to offer my own congratulations too. It will be a watch built to please the owner, and it will fulfill its mission well.
I view AP frankens more of customized/personalized watches which resemble AP, but isn't really one. And that is totally fine because it is what our hobby is about, rather than each one of us going out buying gens and posting pics of them to compare differences in features of different models.

So yes, bring on the franken/personalized/customized builds.

great and true words ! Nothing to add here :) It is indeed a watch full of details that do not match with the gen but this is what I like about it :) like you said the personalized look, and as I never want to pass my reps/frankens as gens it always is a great conversation starter and shows the interest of the owner in this watch :) I mean it is a ton of money for a watch experts and in some points even no-experts can call out immediately :) I love it and I hope many can share this :)

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
great and true words ! Nothing to add here :) It is indeed a watch full of details that do not match with the gen but this is what I like about it :) like you said the personalized look, and as I never want to pass my reps/frankens as gens it always is a great conversation starter and shows the interest of the owner in this watch :) I mean it is a ton of money for a watch experts and in some points even no-experts can call out immediately :) I love it and I hope many can share this :)

Please show us pics of your build. I am looking forward to it myself. I am certain that it will be an impressive looking watch. Good luck and keep us updated!

Reactions: Allure

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
Please show us pics of your build. I am looking forward to it myself. I am certain that it will be an impressive looking watch. Good luck and keep us updated!

I will ! :) I am looking forward to receiving this beauty :D so excited man !

Reactions: legend

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Nice watch and strap.

Concerning deployment: what size is it? 20mm?

Thanks Buddy! I think its 20 but not 100%sure.. but its bigger then the standard 18mm clasps. But i will messure it later

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

dullidulli

Certified
3/6/13
Thanks Buddy! I think its 20 but not 100%sure.. but its bigger then the standard 18mm clasps. But i will messure it later

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Thanks mate.
I know there are 18mm and 20mm deployants, but for it is a 44mm AP, I was wondering if the buckle is even larger maybe.

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
Seems like I have to buy a watch to get the parts I want. RG Schumacher and RG Montoya are still both out of stock atm, so I was considering the Buemi, although I'm still just lukewarm about it.

I was told this was the refreshed Buemi for 2019. From my quick search, it seems the DW placement has always been better than the others, but this newest one seems even better? Could just be the angle. I couldn't identify any other visual improvements from its 2015/16 counterpart.

IMG-7589.jpg

2015/16 Ref. Photo ("refreshed" version, at that time)

9d9114484b02ebf3c1320fb5c035a8ba.jpg

Thanks in advance guys. To compensate for your valuable time, and to stay on topic, here is a bad poem I made about my trip to the mall today:

Two Noobs head to the mall,
"25 minutes," they said at the food stall,
Yolo,
I activated the chrono,
Will it suffer a bad fate?
Don't hate, it was just $198.

gaga.jpg

gaga2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Seems like I have to buy a watch to get the parts I want. RG Schumacher and RG Montoya are still both out of stock atm, so I was considering the Buemi, although I'm still just lukewarm about it.

I was told this was the refreshed Buemi for 2019. From my quick search, it seems the DW placement has always been better than the others, but this newest one seems even better? Could just be the angle. I couldn't identify any other visual improvements from its 2015/16 counterpart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw this next door and I'm drooling but dw position can't change, man

Meanwhile #JeansAPday

2019-08-30-09.06.32-325812bbaea20b30e.jpg

Reactions: littowun and legend
Status
Not open for further replies.