• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

15400 v5 White Dial

944matteo94

Known Member
8/8/16
yeah indeed, I have the blue dial but the white one nails it. Definitely need one of this

My wife is going to kill me if i get one more watch this month, already bought 3 in the last 24 hours :D
I understand you! Hahaha
the next purchase is diver 9.5 and I already have the v8, but the 9.5 seems done too well, in fact it is in the list of super reps

Inviato dal mio vivo NEX S utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Hakro

944matteo94

Known Member
8/8/16
Logo looks a bit off. Not noticeable in the white version

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk
to me the logo didn't look like the top! but I have taken on purpose white Dial , because among all the colors it is the "more gen" than the others

fireice2

Known Member
4/3/19
True. The blue looks lovely but most photos I see have dodgy white balance. Difficult to assess color accuracy. Not a problem with the white dial.

944matteo94

Known Member
8/8/16
True. The blue looks lovely but most photos I see have dodgy white balance. Difficult to assess color accuracy. Not a problem with the white dial.

yes, if it was as good as white Dial , I would have taken blue Dial , but I wanted something "like gen" and even if it wasn't my favorite I took white Dial !

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
I understand you! Hahaha
the next purchase is diver 9.5 and I already have the v8, but the 9.5 seems done too well, in fact it is in the list of super reps

The V9.5 has its flaws aswell and a lot of the people would not consider it a super rep anymore. The numbers in the rehaut don‘t have the surroundings the gen has. The high beat movement can be seen easily. But in total it is a very good rep.

Reactions: legend

944matteo94

Known Member
8/8/16
The V9.5 has its flaws aswell and a lot of the people would not consider it a super rep anymore. The numbers in the rehaut don‘t have the surroundings the gen has. The high beat movement can be seen easily. But in total it is a very good rep.
obvious always a $ 400 replica remains! , will never be able to compete 100% with the gen, but in my opinion it is getting so close! and although one who has the original at first sight would realize that it is a replica

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Everyone has different criteria for assessment, but to me there are no AP super reps. Not any diver and not the 15400.
But this is only my opinion and it’s very subjective. I’m sure that there are tons of guys out there who are happy with a rep v9.5 or v7 or 15400 out of the box.
It always boils down to what you can live with and what you cannot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

944matteo94

Known Member
8/8/16
Everyone has different criteria for assessment, but to me there are no AP super reps. Not any diver and not the 15400.
But this is only my opinion and it’s very subjective. I’m sure that there are tons of guys out there who are happy with a rep v9.5 or v7 or 15400 out of the box.
It always boils down to what you can live with and what you cannot.

if one can't or doesn't want to spend 12k / 16k I think $ 400 / $ 458 is a good alternative, and in my opinion they are offering a very similar product

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
if one can't or doesn't want to spend 12k / 16k I think $ 400 / $ 458 is a good alternative, and in my opinion they are offering a very similar product

I do agree that for a $400 watch it looks pretty good, accuracy of details aside.
As long as you’re able to enjoy it, that’s a good thing.

Reactions: 944matteo94

SingG990

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/15
I do agree that the dial has improved a lot and yes, it is close to gen, which has variations in its dial types.
Having said that, you need to understand that better dial or not, the watch still has tells and flaws.
For a rep, it is remarkable I agree. But it still has a long way to go before the watch in its entirety qualifies as "gen like".

Just curious, in your opinion what are the tells and flaws that keep it from gen-like?

iwantaprettywatch

Known Member
1/8/16
Just curious, in your opinion what are the tells and flaws that keep it from gen-like?

Not the legend himself, but my take is that the tapisserie will never be gen on close inspection. There's also the centre pinhole on the hands that cannot be unseen once you've seen it. being open caseback also means that once the watch is off the wrist its game over.

micomp3

Known Member
13/5/16
Has anyone seen a 15400 blue dial with the improved dial printing yet? Specifically the “SWISS MADE” ?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

944matteo94

Known Member
8/8/16
Arrived the mine
e6794301e5ffb810f62197b84269893a.jpg
f81c26166ac24430add9243f54bcc901.jpg
4fae98f659e6a580789feb71ba3a7608.jpg
1aaf466cc5f4778bf829bbb88484324d.jpg
ecc37d24a826c7e57f0c3f66d5c44dc5.jpg

Reactions: Redjack2k

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
I do agree that the dial has improved a lot and yes, it is close to gen, which has variations in its dial types.
Having said that, you need to understand that better dial or not, the watch still has tells and flaws.
For a rep, it is remarkable I agree. But it still has a long way to go before the watch in its entirety qualifies as "gen like".

legend, is the SWISS MADE printed on a flat cutout rather than on top of the tapisserie considered a tell or a dial variant?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
legend, is the SWISS MADE printed on a flat cutout rather than on top of the tapisserie considered a tell or a dial variant?

From static pics online, yes, of course it is a tell, and you can perceive the difference easily.

The "swiss made" on the gen are all printed the same way (direct on dial) and there could be variances in sharpness, clarity etc even among gens. For the direct dial print vs plate printing difference, unless you know what you are looking for in real life and really have good eyes, it is hard to call this a tell in the wild.Remember that the watches are magnified in the pics here and we tend to scrutinize and criticize details which will not be visible in real life.

Reactions: csthe and Jurgenk

Moldy780

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/8/16
I’ve been making Franken APs since the JF v1 days and I can say that even though these dials are closer than ever before, they are still miles away from gen.
1757d7b71e9ade53811d567bce0df80a.jpg
d68f4a54c4cd2581fc1bb1b497ac0ebd.jpg

Both of the above are gen dials and you can clearly tell that the tap is much nicer and the hour markers are much, much more refined and reflective in person. You can’t appreciate it through pictures but there is a huge difference in person and having handled both gen and rep dials I would not feel comfortable wearing a JF with the rep dial