• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

J.F. ROO 44mm RG W/ Cyclops and DW Mod

ROO44MGG

Looking Around
7/3/19
Hey guys,

My apologies if there has already been a post regarding this topic or something similar.

I am buying my further replica watch and I am confused on which watch to purchase. I am debating the following

1. https://puretime.io/watch-brands/aud...d-dw-mod.html#

How close to the GEN is this? What are notable flaws? Will they stand out?

Last edited:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
You’re comparing apples to potatoes

ROO44MGG

Looking Around
7/3/19
I understand this. I mean in terms of both watches which one would you purchase? Which is closer to the GEN without as big of notable flaws?

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I understand this. I mean in terms of both watches which one would you purchase? Which is closer to the GEN without as big of notable flaws?

Both have their distinctive flaws. I suggest you educate yourself about the flaws either has and then decide based on what you can live with more.

I personally would go with the AP but that’s just my personal preference.

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
did JF just update the cyclops and leave the date wheel font. it looks so off?

ap2018070402-02.jpg

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
did JF just update the cyclops and leave the date wheel font. it looks so off?

ap2018070402-02.jpg

Youre having a point here. I never noticed. I do think that the datewheel font was enlarged too but not the same font as on the panda or other v2s was used.

ROO44MGG

Looking Around
7/3/19
Both have their distinctive flaws. I suggest you educate yourself about the flaws either has and then decide based on what you can live with more.

I personally would go with the AP but that’s just my personal preference.

I understand this, and I'm starting to lean towards the AP as well.

I know its not your job and you probably don't have the time, but can you educate me on some of the notable flaws with this watch? I looked at the review on the ROO CF 44mm by J.F. and was basing this as the same quality.

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18

I know its not your job and you probably don't have the time, but can you educate me on some of the notable flaws with this watch? I looked at the review on the ROO CF 44mm by J.F. and was basing this as the same quality.

If you scroll up to the top of the page you will notice a rectangular box with the word 'Search' in it. There is a lot of information available to you that has already been researched / posted. Spoon feeding is not something that is granted easily here.

You should also search the sales section as there have been MANY 44mm ROO's listed for sale over the past 6 months with modifications to make them appear closer to gen. Lastly, closely study TD pictures in comparison to gen pictures (google works!). If the flaws / tells don't jump out at you, then buy the rep and enjoy as is.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
If you scroll up to the top of the page you will notice a rectangular box with the word 'Search' in it. There is a lot of information available to you that has already been researched / posted. Spoon feeding is not something that is granted easily here.

You should also search the sales section as there have been MANY 44mm ROO's listed for sale over the past 6 months with modifications to make them appear closer to gen. Lastly, closely study TD pictures in comparison to gen pictures (google works!). If the flaws / tells don't jump out at you, then buy the rep and enjoy as is.

This

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

I like what Woundup said.
If the flaws don’t jump out at you, then buy what you like.
If you care about the flaws, then do your own research.
Either way, you’re buying a replica and you should enjoy it for what it is, instead of trying to pass it off as a gen. If flaws bother you, then go buy a gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

jonnyboy74

Renowned Member
17/9/13
The image of 44mm rg is new cyclops/old datewheel,
this image is ceramic 44 with new cyclops / new datewheel,
i assume customers will get the new datewheel as standard
( i'm awaiting new stock of ceramic 44)

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
The image of 44mm rg is new cyclops/old datewheel,
this image is ceramic 44 with new cyclops / new datewheel,
i assume customers will get the new datewheel as standard
( i'm awaiting new stock of ceramic 44)

Interesting... Which TD are you communicating with regarding this udated version?