• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 44mm ROO "Pride of Germany" 2019 SIHH release

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I can't believe JF could miss that error with LIMITEO. They must be just getting rid of stocks. I'm losing respect for JF after this V2 insult to Germany.

Reactions: Roguetheory

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
I can't believe JF could miss that error with LIMITEO. They must be just getting rid of stocks. I'm losing respect for JF after this V2 insult to Germany.

Lol I can’t get over the regression of the of the black ceramic one on Intime. Wondering if it’s just a “prototype” mistake, strange considering all they changed was the rotor design. Putting the rose gold lug nuts, crown and buckle would be a good start, before addressing the case back engravings.

Last edited:

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Lol I can’t get over the regression of the of the black ceramic one on Intime. Wondering if it’s just a “prototype” mistake, strange considering all they changed was the rotor design. Putting the rose gold lug nuts, crown and buckle would be a good start, before addressing the case back engravings.

Same on trusty.... laughable... those factories are in serious need of vacation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

APboyboy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/3/17
I made a decision last year not to buy any new JF AP reps until they upped their game. I think it was a wise decision so far.

Does JF really think that by just updating the rotor, we should part our $$ again for this so called upgrade while the obvious misspelling remains?

For the ceramic, it is even more laughable. Since they do not know how to spell, they have decided to change the caseback to one with no word engraving. Worst still the lugs has been changed to stainless instead of rose gold...

Will we one day see "Rolex" appearing on the JF AP dial?

Reactions: SHB and QueTip

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
For the ceramic, it is even more laughable. Since they do not know how to spell, they have decided to change the caseback to one with no word engraving. Worst still the lugs has been changed to stainless instead of rose gold...

Lol not just the lugs, but the crown and buckle too.

APboyboy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/3/17
I dreamed last night that VSF has decided to get into the AP game haha. Just a dream but i hoped that it will come true. VSF has been conquering all the brands such as Panerai and Omega. Recently, they just got into Rolex and has made 2 game changers reps...

Reactions: SHB

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I dreamed last night that VSF has decided to get into the AP game haha. Just a dream but i hoped that it will come true. VSF has been conquering all the brands such as Panerai and Omega. Recently, they just got into Rolex and has made 2 game changers reps...

This would be great to see them coming with a superclone in the AP game!

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Last edited:

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Isn't the Buckle also meant to be RG too?

I thought so, seems not. I was confused by Jtimes product photography, they accidentally put a shot of the RG model in with the ceramic version.

Also just realised that originally the gen had the RG rotor without the Brandenburg gate motif. So technically wasn’t a flaw on the V1.

Edit: Just read back a few pages. Image below was the prototype. Doh!
ZLR4at.jpg

Last edited:

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
This is an O to a D away from being purchased! Even with the suspect looking "grey" dial!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
This is an O to a D away from being purchased! Even with the suspect looking "grey" dial!

I totally understand that. A silly spelling mistake where there should be none.
At the same time, its actually a bit funny because should one take time to really inspect the details on the caseback, it is something which will look totally off anyway, and the spelling error is actually only a small flaw among many when viewing the watch from the back. Its just that this spelling error has become a focal point for members to complain about. Anyone seeing the mistake will also see how the movement is completely wrong, and details on the rotor are off as well as other flaws.
We have to agree to a certain extent that AP reps are about wearing them on the wrist more than the admiration of details off it, so personally, if I am into AP reps, this wouldn't bother me at all. Just another flaw (albeit a stupid one which can totally be avoided) among a sea of flaws. :hehehe:

Reactions: Allure and QueTip

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I totally understand that. A silly spelling mistake where there should be none.
At the same time, its actually a bit funny because should one take time to really inspect the details on the caseback, it is something which will look totally off anyway, and the spelling error is actually only a small flaw among many when viewing the watch from the back. Its just that this spelling error has become a focal point for members to complain about. Anyone seeing the mistake will also see how the movement is completely wrong, and details on the rotor are off as well as other flaws.
We have to agree to a certain extent that AP reps are about wearing them on the wrist more than the admiration of details off it, so personally, if I am into AP reps, this wouldn't bother me at all. Just another flaw (albeit a stupid one which can totally be avoided) among a sea of flaws. :hehehe:

i do agree with you as you know and your stance on AP reps is clear, however if you take 100 people and you show this watch's caseback all 100 will notice the LIMITEO and possibly 1 will notice the sea of flaws.

Ca va sans dire that of all those 100/100 people who noticed the LIMITEO none work at J factory. May be damned.

Reactions: legend

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
100% agreed, that are many flaws, both minor and major that I can and do live with on my reps, but this rather, silly, maybe lazy mistake that grind my gears..

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
I guess there is a ever so slight extra satisfaction in wearing the Franken over other 42mm ROOs I have but I get the same feeling with a nicely rep'd PAM too, some of the VSF releases are superb, in short, a nice watch is a nice watch, be it a well put together rep or a Franken with gen parts, like you said a few times already and I'm of the same opinion, you take from the watch what you want, not what others perceive it to be, my watches are for me and if others like them, great, if not, I'll still wear them and be more than happy doing so.