Announcement

Collapse

IMAGE SHARING IMPROVEMENT

Use ClickPix.org , an easy way to share your images !
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
See more
See less

AP 15500 41mm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    AP 15500 41mm

    Wow AP is introducing new RoyalOak 41mm

    15500 41mm

    Question to JF : Is this new model hard to replicate?

    How do you guys think about the possibility of replicating this new model?

    How soon we can expect to see a replica?

    The interesting point is that it is 10.4mm height
    and the date window position.











    CASE

    Stainless steel case, glareproofed sapphire crystal and caseback, screw-locked crown.

    CASE SIZE

    41 MM

    CASE THICKNESS

    10.4 MM

    DIAL

    Blue dial with “Grande Tapisserie” pattern, white gold applied hour-markers and Royal Oak hands with luminescent coating.

    BRACELET

    Stainless steel bracelet with AP folding clasp.

    WATER RESISTANCE

    50 m




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    #2




    CALIBRE

    Manufacture calibre 4302

    TOTAL DIAMETER

    32 MM

    TOTAL DIAMETER

    14 Lignes

    FREQUENCY OF BALANCE WHEEL

    4 Hz Hz

    POWER RESERVE

    70 h

    NUMBER OF PARTS

    257

    NUMBER OF JEWELS

    32


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


      #3
      Should be easier to get the thickness right (this is 10.4mm vs 9.8mm for the 15400)
      My collection | Who has the best sub? A guide for noobs | List of TDs contact info

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Nivka View Post
        Should be easier to get the thickness right (this is 10.4mm vs 9.8mm for the 15400)
        you are right.
        JF already is making that thickness level!


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


          #5
          Man that's fugly.

          Comment


            #6
            Date window looks full canal street


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment


              #7
              looking like a blown up 33mm ladies quartz RO...

              that Omega style DW is horrible... i thought it couldn't get worse after the 11.59 launch.

              Time for JF to develop another hideous decoration for their movement.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by theREALgoat View Post
                Man that's fugly.
                Yeah it looks like a bad rep of a current model lol.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by BIONONE View Post
                  looking like a blown up 33mm ladies quartz RO...

                  that Omega style DW is horrible... i thought it couldn't get worse after the 11.59 launch.

                  Time for JF to develop another hideous decoration for their movement.
                  I know you have an expert level of knowledge regarding date wheel too.

                  Do you think that the date window position of this new Royal Oak 15500 model can be replicated easily by a highly skilled rep maker like JF ?


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by vcappp View Post

                    I know you have an expert level of knowledge regarding date wheel too.

                    Do you think that the date window position of this new Royal Oak 15500 model can be replicated easily by a highly skilled rep maker like JF ?


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    it depends on the case construction of the rep - in theory a larger diameter for the DWO could be used but that would probably result in overlapping the diameter of the tiny 9015...

                    I'm not familiar with the measurements of the new calibre and also don't know how large you could scale up a DWO until it is too much mass that needs to be moved (if that makes sense as i am no watchmaker hehe) or until it is too big to be mounted with a particular movement holder...

                    tosoboso already said that it will be challenging if JF tries to rep the 15500.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      That date window. And people will still happily pay upwards of 12k .
                      WTB: JF AP Diver parts: White Miyota datewheel, white face and diver’s ring. PM me if you have one.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Still prefer the 15400

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Princewilliam View Post
                          Date window looks full canal street


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Yeah, the date window is ugly as hell. The stubby indices throw off the whole elegant aesthetic, too.

                          Really hope JF focus on nailing the printing on the 15400 before attempting this.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Someone posted this comparison on the Rolex forums:

                            Comment


                              #15
                              15600 will have datewheel on bezel i heard

                              That font is from 21j reps
                              I'm in love with the shape of Roo // Sucker for 3-6-9 dials

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X