• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2017 44mm RG

MorsMars

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/13
Inventory is all about the same throughout the TDs, if they don't have it on hand it'll just take a few extra days to order one. Any TD will do.

I don't have experience with the watch but its a sec@12 7750. It should be more reliable than a sec@6 7750 but less reliable than the standard sec@9. To be safe you should get it serviced when you get it. I have a Tag Heuer Carrera with a sec@9 and even after I serviced it I am starting to have issues a couple years down the line. I stopped wearing it and my 15400 blue gets all my attention.

Last edited:

team

Horology Curious
9/7/15
I wouldnt expect to have to service something that comes straight from the factory. That is a great looking RG and I might have to pick one up myself.

MorsMars

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/13
I wouldnt expect to have to service something that comes straight from the factory. That is a great looking RG and I might have to pick one up myself.

Unfortunately, the asian made 7750 movements are known to be made in unsanitary conditions with no uniformity in their oiling, some watches are over oiled, some are under oiled. Of course some people get lucky and get a 7750 that last for years with no issues, my personal experience this has not been the case and unfortunately this has made me steer away from 7750 based reps, which sucks because I want them all.

Here are the issues that I have encountered within the first year of ownership.
  1. The rotor would not spin freely enough to wind up even when wearing it daily, I would have to manually wind it or stick it in a watch winder
  2. The retention screw for one of the chrono levers got loose and prevented me from using the chrono as well as jamming my rotor, had to open it up to tighten the screw
  3. Took it in for a service to get it properly oiled
  4. Months later I notice that sometimes the second hand stops moving but the balance wheel would still be ticking away inside, unknown issue.

Reactions: team