• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF V3 15400 Modded By The Legend With Custom Datewheel

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
Before I start let me just thank the guys on this forum for building this community so I can indulge in my passion for watches.

The watch on display here is my silver dial 15400 V3 from the JF guys. Out of the box, this rep is stunning and very close to the gen and is a really good looking watch.

It does have one issue that kept bugging me though and that is the thickness. I have owned reps that are thicker than the gen and its fine but for some reason the Royal Oak feels completely different with an extra 1mm on the case back.

I did some research and I got in touch with legend and started the process to get the case back thinned and the rotor silenced. I had no idea how drastic these simple changes would make to the watch.

before I even sent the watch out to get modded, I already chatted with Al and I was very impressed with his communication skills. He made me feel like a fellow watch guy and not just a customer, I had no reservations to send him my baby after that.

While the watch was away, Al messaged me and informed me that the opportunity is there to get a custom date wheel. I was shocked as it was accepted that the Miyota movement is not known for having any date wheel mods like the ROO.

Fast forward to yesterday and I got the watch in my hand for the first time. WOW! my fellow RWI members, my camera and photo skills does not do Al and this watch justice.

The date wheel changes the watch completely, even more so than the thinned caseback. I have been in AP boutiques a lot and have tried on and seen the gen and held it.

In person, there is no difference with the silver dial! I know there are guys who are on here that can point out the tiniest of details but those who have ever compared a JF RO to a gen silver dial will tell you that even the non modded watch is super close, especially in the silver dial.

In total, I got the case back thinned, new custom date wheel, rotor silenced and as a bonus, Al re-aligned the markers on the dial.

I cannot speak highly enough of legend, the man lives up to his name. I know a lot of guys have their various modders but based on the overall service and results this is who I am sticking with.

Here are some pictures for you guys

WIf3y.th.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	WIf3y.th.jpg Views:	1 Size:	28.2 KB ID:	7038741

WIe9Z.th.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	WIe9Z.th.jpg Views:	1 Size:	28.1 KB ID:	7038742

WIQSb.th.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	WIQSb.th.jpg Views:	1 Size:	24.1 KB ID:	7038743

WIN9G.th.jpg

Last edited:

BirkinTourbillon

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/14
I’m just helping to repost the last few pics that you posted as a link. This should also be visible to Tapa users. Thanks for sharing @reppin

7ba6e6dccb74d7791202db3c4d9d3f36.jpg

51ec0f8e610f653967c79c04eaf10bcd.jpg

c74219142facfd45e63fa310e3a4c49f.jpg

333d7a3996bb727c293385c890f0212c.jpg

0856298277434d2b999c699b34a5e2e6.jpg

"Tienes que correr riesgos, en esta vida"

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Before I start let me just thank the guys on this forum for building this community so I can indulge in my passion for watches.

The watch on display here is my silver dial 15400 V3 from the JF guys. Out of the box, this rep is stunning and very close to the gen and is a really good looking watch.

It does have one issue that kept bugging me though and that is the thickness. I have owned reps that are thicker than the gen and its fine but for some reason the Royal Oak feels completely different with an extra 1mm on the case back.

I did some research and I got in touch with legend and started the process to get the case back thinned and the rotor silenced. I had no idea how drastic these simple changes would make to the watch.

before I even sent the watch out to get modded, I already chatted with Al and I was very impressed with his communication skills. He made me feel like a fellow watch guy and not just a customer, I had no reservations to send him my baby after that.

While the watch was away, Al messaged me and informed me that the opportunity is there to get a custom date wheel. I was shocked as it was accepted that the Miyota movement is not known for having any date wheel mods like the ROO.

Fast forward to yesterday and I got the watch in my hand for the first time. WOW! my fellow RWI members, my camera and photo skills does not do Al and this watch justice.

The date wheel changes the watch completely, even more so than the thinned caseback. I have been in AP boutiques a lot and have tried on and seen the gen and held it.

In person, there is no difference with the silver dial! I know there are guys who are on here that can point out the tiniest of details but those who have ever compared a JF RO to a gen silver dial will tell you that even the non modded watch is super close, especially in the silver dial.

In total, I got the case back thinned, new custom date wheel, rotor silenced and as a bonus, Al re-aligned the markers on the dial.

I cannot speak highly enough of legend, the man lives up to his name. I know a lot of guys have their various modders but based on the overall service and results this is who I am sticking with.

Here are some pictures for you guys

Thanks for sharing the pictures and your experience.

How much is for the total cost and the breakdown for each service?

Where is the legend located? in USA?

How long does it take for the service?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BirkinTourbillon

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
Thanks for sharing the pictures and your experience.

How much is for the total cost and the breakdown for each service?

Where is the legend located? in USA?

How long does it take for the service?

Thanks!

No problem mate.

I paid just over $300 total if i remember properly.

In terms of the individual prices, it would be better to ask legend as I think he does offer different prices if its multiple things being done.

He is located in Singapore and the watch took about two months to complete but again that will vary on a case by case basis as I was only getting one thing done then it became three so as I said best to speak to Al and he will help you with anything you need to know.

Cheers

Reactions: vcappp

machim

19/7/17
Yes, legend is good option for anyone outside EU to mod on AP. I have my franken AP in his hand to service and change dw and date window. Will update the result when it’s back

Reactions: legend and reppin

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thank you Reppin for your patience and politeness throughout the waiting period, and for this kind review.
Just to clarify, the credit for the datewheel goes to Mikey, who produced a batch for the Miyota 15400 and I managed to sneak a few off him during the prototype stage. I did not produce the datewheel at all.
I will have to say that his work on the datewheel is stellar, and I had compared sample dates (1, 4, 8, 16, 28, 30) with my gen and can only say that the guy is an artisan of the highest order.

Thank you J and enjoy the watch!

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
That’s a great looking watch you have there

I have a legend modded diver, sexy little number it is, the man doesn’t disappoint

98d97607147f18d51f6f91678104cbc4.jpg