• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[PICS] Modded AP ROO 42mm "Bumblebee"

onewatch2018

Renowned Member
19/4/18
Just wanted to share some pictures...

beautiful, phenomenal work done by legend himself. Definitely worth the wait. Very easy to communicate with. He treats every watch like his own and he puts a lot of effort into them. Cant keep my eyes my watch!

He has been nothing but patient and helpful. Advising me on what the more common mods are & what the less necessary mods were.

[BEFORE]

Mods are:
Mk3 Cyclops Mod
Datewheel Mod
Omega Hands Mod
Reluming of hour/min hands
Tachymeter Shave

[ENJOY]

-

-

-

Once again, thank you so much Legend for doing such an awesome job!

neeeechlas

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
c3dbd25c36c185329b9bfc007553c545.jpg

Cheers mate. Love your mod but your tachy seems too much as the 6 o’clock is quite a big gap with a fully tachy trim. But looks good too! Wear with good health =]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: onewatch2018

watchtiger

22/11/16
Just wanted to share some pictures...

beautiful, phenomenal work done by legend himself. Definitely worth the wait. Very easy to communicate with. He treats every watch like his own and he puts a lot of effort into them. Cant keep my eyes my watch!

He has been nothing but patient and helpful. Advising me on what the more common mods are & what the less necessary mods were.

[BEFORE]

Mods are:
Mk3 Cyclops Mod
Datewheel Mod
Omega Hands Mod
Reluming of hour/min hands
Tachymeter Shave

[ENJOY]

-

-

-

Once again, thank you so much Legend for doing such an awesome job!

Lovely watch mate!

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Mk3 Cyclops Mod => still too reflective, incorrect geometry for a ROO, incorrect mag
Date wheel Mod => seems ok
Omega Hands Mod => the pinions are still too wide to simulate the pinions of the gen hands, rough edges,
Reluming of hour/min hands => sloppy finish on tips and bases, cannot verify if a correct BGW9 high-grade lume was used. Should have green-blue glow, but picture shows white.
Tachymeter Shave => too thinned, irregular geometry (not fully circle), tachy from 6 to 9 wider than other areas, some accidental cuts into the edges @78.5 and 84, tachy probably elevated over dial so that dial and tachy do not touch, would be better if tachy were recessed so that it can touch dial, and allow further reduction in case width.
Additional remark: all 3 chrono hands are slightly misaligned: seconds and hour to the left, minute to the right.

Reactions: 4336

neeeechlas

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
Mk3 Cyclops Mod => still too reflective, incorrect geometry for a ROO, incorrect mag
Omega Hands Mod => the pinions are still too wide to simulate the pinions of the gen hands, rough edges,
Reluming of hour/min hands => sloppy finish on tips and bases, cannot verify if a correct BGW9 high-grade lume was used. Should have green-blue glow, but picture shows white.
Tachymeter Shave => too thinned, irregular geometry (not fully circle), tachy from 6 to 9 wider than other areas, some accidental cuts into the edges @78.5 and 84, tachy probably elevated over dial so that dial and tachy do not touch, would be better if tachy were recessed so that it can touch dial, and allow further reduction in case width.
Additional remark: all 3 chrono hands are slightly misaligned: seconds and hour to the left, minute to the right.

Trust his word as he’s more knowledgeable =] yeah hand still to fat and I rather have like mine prof cyclop half of the price Anw.

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12

which cyclops would you recommend for the ROO?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
No idea which cyclops is better but for comparison here’s my old JF Bee with profS v2 cyclops and Micky DW. Modded by slaughterer. I didn’t care for thinner hands and tachy mod on my watch but that’s just me.

df8455cdd2fd034d7a681c36a84a2288.jpg

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
No idea which cyclops is better but for comparison here’s my old JF Bee with profS v2 cyclops and Micky DW. Modded by slaughterer. I didn’t care for thinner hands and tachy mod on my watch but that’s just me.

df8455cdd2fd034d7a681c36a84a2288.jpg

which factory diver is that on the left mate? pics like this show how much difference the cyclops makes.

neeeechlas

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
c3dbd25c36c185329b9bfc007553c545.jpg

Cheers mate. Love your mod but your tachy seems too much as the 6 o’clock is quite a big gap with a fully tachy trim. But looks good too! Wear with good health =]

My datewheel is already prof v2 for you guys as a refs