• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone received AP Diver JF V9 yet?

geramu

Horology Curious
24/5/18
Would it be possible to order new hands anywhere? If yes, where? It might be cheaper/easier than to relume.
Would they have to be JF hands, or Noob and others would be interchangeable? Many thanks.

ljewell646

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
20/5/18
Would it be possible to order new hands anywhere? If yes, where? It might be cheaper/easier than to relume.
Would they have to be JF hands, or Noob and others would be interchangeable? Many thanks.

Do you have any idea about relume pricing? I'm debating the same, New hands vs relum. Just can't seem to find prices

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Do you have any idea about relume pricing? I'm debating the same, New hands vs relum. Just can't seem to find prices

just wait a bit for other members watches to arrive. Then judging again if a relume or new hand set will be necessary.

Often they mess up the first batches till they realize what should be better - because at least it is JF, and well of course it is a V9 not a V3 where such little things were ok.

Be patient a bit before thinking about investing 100-150 bucks into a reluming. (because you have to apply lume to every lumed part of the watch unless you want an inconsistent appearance (what you are actually try to improve by a reluming haha)

geramu

Horology Curious
24/5/18
just wait a bit for other members watches to arrive. Then judging again if a relume or new hand set will be necessary.

Often they mess up the first batches till they realize what should be better - because at least it is JF, and well of course it is a V9 not a V3 where such little things were ok.

Be patient a bit before thinking about investing 100-150 bucks into a reluming. (because you have to apply lume to every lumed part of the watch unless you want an inconsistent appearance (what you are actually try to improve by a reluming haha)

Ok, but if other people get a better version of V9, how is that going to effect us who already have the ones with green hands?

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
Ok, but if other people get a better version of V9, how is that going to effect us who already have the ones with green hands?

I think Vac does lume. I think he is under the supporting vendor section.

petrescualex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/5/17
InoD1Xx.jpg

1vxIVAe.jpg

Any Opinions about that one :)

I was offered this exact watch. I have the same QC pictures.
I had to pass on it. Did you green light it?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
V9 (top), v7 (bottom)
d6a8962508b56e583600768fc60157b5.heic

Apart from the v9 green hands (easy fix, $50), the v9 looks much better IMO.

V9 has better case finishing. Brushing is amazing. Good contrast between brushed and polished sections.

Might be my eyes but v9 crystal looks clearer than v7.

V9 caseback is far superior to v7.

Even v9 tachy looks superior.

Reactions: m5smg2 and BIONONE

smoothcandy

Horology Curious
21/6/18
Hey I am new to the forum and am looking for this in V9. Can anyone guide me on how to go about getting it? In PM is fine if we can't do it here. Thank you guys.

madmax42

13/5/18
V9 (top), v7 (bottom)
d6a8962508b56e583600768fc60157b5.heic

Apart from the v9 green hands (easy fix, $50), the v9 looks much better IMO.

V9 has better case finishing. Brushing is amazing. Good contrast between brushed and polished sections.

Might be my eyes but v9 crystal looks clearer than v7.

V9 caseback is far superior to v7.

Even v9 tachy looks superior.

This shows that V9 has little gaps around bezel screws and screws look like they are turned a tad bit so they don't fit the bezel sockets perfectly to create these gaps just like Gen. My V7 is just like that in the pic and it has no space or gap at all around the bezel screws. Anybody knows how to mod them? will V9 bezel screws fit my diver?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
This shows that V9 has little gaps around bezel screws and screws look like they are turned a tad bit so they don't fit the bezel sockets perfectly to create these gaps just like Gen. My V7 is just like that in the pic and it has no space or gap at all around the bezel screws. Anybody knows how to mod them? will V9 bezel screws fit my diver?

I think you can round the existing bezel screw heads to achieve the look you’re requesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Do you mind if I ask you what you meant by “round” it?

I imagine that the v7 screw heads can be reworked by a modder to effectively make them a little smaller

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
Little confuse about the screws. I saw the gen at AD. The screw is sharp, perfect square and crisp cut not little round like rep. The center line is little bit bigger compare to rep too. Did anybody see it yet???

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dryna

Looking Around
2/7/16
Good afternoon, I’ve just made my first ever rep purchase and following the advice of the forum members here, I’ve opted for a v7 closed backed Diver. I’m not fully aware of all the details and flaws of this particular watch and I’m hoping someone could help me out with my QC pictures. It looks to me like the 12 o clock markers are not properly aligned. Should I ask for a different picture or proceed to request for another watch. Thanks a lot for the input!
88f7bffb0df2bbf8295446faede9f00a.jpg
1d178b7f97ae3d49715df187c66cd107.jpg