• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can the newly released XF V2 FC Diver 15706 be considered a super rep?

ks123

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/3/16
London
I have a xf v2 with swiss 2436 that i bought last year around july. The bezel is brushed but not as strong as the other brushing I see here.

I love the watch it is a real good company. I would probably mod the cyclops since it is kinda cloudy. The DW always sits low on the window, is it the consequence of 2836? Also, do a Mikey DW for 7750 movements fits 2836?
3ba56cbbbc0225af13a79351055ec040.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No it does not, but im sure you get a 2824 JF V9.5 DW and get that installed

MrOptional

8/10/18
Would you guys be concerned about the 6 o’clock marking being more to the left relative to the talesserie? Also, seems like minute markers at 28/29 and 31/32 are left aligned too relative to the tappesserie. Definitely a small flaw, but not sure if it’s worth being worried about.

aWhhe.png

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Would you guys be concerned about the 6 o’clock marking being more to the left relative to the talesserie? Also, seems like minute markers at 28/29 and 31/32 are left aligned too relative to the tappesserie. Definitely a small flaw, but not sure if it’s worth being worried about.

go get a gen

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
you guys are right :)

Look at mine dear Grimusa, seems OK, but look at the next picture, can you see the two flaws. (the white dot at the 12 hour marker is dust.)

The pictures are taken with a loupe in front of my phone-camera lens. No one will spot the flaws when wearing on the wrist. I'm ok with my Diver, great daily beater :) Cheers all

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

aWhhe.png

Well two things:

1. If you’re concerned about the alignment, the markers can be removed and realigned.

2. If you’re ok with it, then obviously you don’t have to do anything about it.

I understand the different obsessions we each have over different things and I will not dismiss your concerns. At the end of the day you decide how you want your watch to look as you’re going to look at it each time you wear it. So do what you have to so that you can be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrOptional

8/10/18
stanevo6 Thx!
legend I think I can live with that, but I don't think it's fixable. If you look at those small markers that are engraved on the dial, like the minute markers (or whatever they are called), they are not aligned
correctly with the squares of the tappesserie. Like 28 and 32 are not aligned exactly the same relative to their respective squares. I think it's a dial fault and can't really be fixed. And yes, I am perfectly happy with the watch, but would be better without that flaw :) gotta go buy in gen!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
stanevo6 Thx!
legend I think I can live with that, but I don't think it's fixable. If you look at those small markers that are engraved on the dial, like the minute markers (or whatever they are called), they are not aligned
correctly with the squares of the tappesserie. Like 28 and 32 are not aligned exactly the same relative to their respective squares. I think it's a dial fault and can't really be fixed. And yes, I am perfectly happy with the watch, but would be better without that flaw :) gotta go buy in gen!

If you are talking about the alignment of the engraved minute markers on the dial, I think that it is nit-picking, lol.
But like you said it is something you can easily overlook, even if the perceived "flaw" does exist.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Look at mine dear Grimusa, seems OK, but look at the next picture, can you see the two flaws. (the white dot at the 12 hour marker is dust.)

The pictures are taken with a loupe in front of my phone-camera lens. No one will spot the flaws when wearing on the wrist. I'm ok with my Diver, great daily beater :) Cheers all

Once you look at a dial or hands through a 10x loupe, it is inevitable that you see defects, dust or something less than perfection. This applies to gens and reps both.
You guys won't believe the stuff I found on gen dials/hands under a 10x loupe, though usually a 2.5x or 4x loupe is used for watchmaking.
Unless we go around using our loupe each time we look at our watch, miniscule flaws are fine for me.
Thank you for sharing, and I agree that your watch looks absolutely fine in real life. :)

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Once you look at a dial or hands through a 10x loupe, it is inevitable that you see defects, dust or something less than perfection. This applies to gens and reps both.
You guys won't believe the stuff I found on gen dials/hands under a 10x loupe, though usually a 2.5x or 4x loupe is used for watchmaking.
Unless we go around using our loupe each time we look at our watch, miniscule flaws are fine for me.
Thank you for sharing, and I agree that your watch looks absolutely fine in real life. :)

If I might add..sometimes I take wristies with my phone...then I zoom in and I spot hairlines or specks of dusts or spots I swear were not there a moment ago ! Then you go and see the watch and ..hey maybe there really is a hairline scratch there..but that tells you a lot already

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
This watch was the rep of the year back in '14 or '15, so it should only get better!!
92d72c7dcb4bb046ce960d7516a595fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I had half an hour yesterday to play with the following combinations

15706 Xf v2 with stock classic dw and mikey cyclops
15706 Xf v2 with mikey modern dw and prof cyclops

15707 xf v2 with stock modern dw and mikey cyclops
15703 noob with omega dw and noob cyclops
15710 jf v9 with mikey modern dw and jf cyclops

in a nutshell i believe that :

Xf dw opening is larger than jf or noob
This makes the slightly smaller stock classic font a little too small

I prefer mikey cyclops generally even if prof is way way clearer (but it has a blue tint)

Modern font on XF is exactly the same of mikey modern which is good
The same does not apply to classic font which in the double digits especially tend to be a bit too small

Also in my humble and absolutely unbiased opinion if you have jf cyclops there is no need to change it. It’s great.
Stock xf cyclops on the other hand MUST be changed; then at that point get prof cyclops I’d say and poop on them peasants !

Jf and xf crystals are absolutely perfect, fantastic clarity

Last but not least the stem is clearly weak, or not as good as jf or noob, in XF divers. Of all 3 i have here every time you fiddle with it it’s not working perfectly all the times. Empirically speaking obviously. Especially when you screw back in

Bonus: the 2 15706 despite being purchased as both v2 have slightly different casebacks. The rest is equally good and similar on both (great marbling sparkling in sunlight - the noob i had couple of years ago was quite dull) so not sure if my friend or I got not what we asked for or the factory has some different batches or parts.

PS: I still have them with me couple of days so if you want to see other details dlmk

Reactions: MrOptional

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
So on XF V2 15706 with the stock modern font (2nd Batch), you would also say, there is no need to replace with a mikey modern font dw.

And as the XF cyclopse is quite poor and mikeys cyclops no more available: Is Profs Cyclops with the stock modern font DW the best combination in your opinion?

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
SuperLory do the JF V9 have colorless cyclops silent update? i had JF V7 with the blue cyclops you see from distance when light hit and had to swap to mikey version. mikey cyclops not clear like prof cyclops, mikey cyclops similiar to gen in pictures i seen.
blue reflection on V7 and prof cyclops will be very noticeable. XF cyclops has very yellow glow and never should post on instagram, cyclops mod for XF is a must do upgrade.

i do agree prof cyclops is best version to use until someone convince mikey make some more

Last edited:

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
SuperLory do the JF V9 have colorless cyclops silent update? i had JF V7 with the blue cyclops you see from distance when light hit and had to swap to mikey version. mikey cyclops not clear like prof cyclops, mikey cyclops similiar to gen in pictures i seen.
blue reflection on V7 and prof cyclops will be very noticeable. XF cyclops has very yellow glow and never should post on instagram, cyclops mod for XF is a must do upgrade.

i do agree prof cyclops is best version to use until someone convince mikey make some more

I cant see any tint on the jf i have, whereas it’s easily visible on prof cyclops

For all the rest i agree with you 100%

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
So on XF V2 15706 with the stock modern font (2nd Batch), you would also say, there is no need to replace with a mikey modern font dw.

And as the XF cyclopse is quite poor and mikeys cyclops no more available: Is Profs Cyclops with the stock modern font DW the best combination in your opinion?

Yes xf modern font is perfect and no the best combo imho involves mikey cyclops but due to the fact that it is no longer available and that you must change it in xf I’d say get prof cyclopse and you go better than gen

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
Can somebody tell me is the JF strap (xs strap) fit perfect on this XF FC diver?
The one that come wtih XF is big for me and need shorter one.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Right? I took that picture on a 30mp camera with a macro lens and ring light . If that's what it takes to be able to count them I'm pretty sure you're good to go on the wrist

This. ^

Guys, spotting obvious visual flaws is one thing, but I find it ridiculous when one starts mentioning number of swirls per tapisserie as a point of comparison. I do not think that it is reasonable. If you want to compare this detail, may as well go the full hog and compare the tapisserie height, dial thickness, crystal density, angle of curvature for lugs and other non-discernible details which won't be visible in real life.

Akra the gen FC dial comes in at least 2 variants. A matte one and a gloss (or semi-gloss) one. Don't worry, the XF FC dial finish is correct as per one of the variants.

QueTip you may wish to add your expert opinion here.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
This. ^

Guys, spotting obvious visual flaws is one thing, but I find it ridiculous when one starts mentioning number of swirls per tapisserie as a point of comparison. I do not think that it is reasonable. If you want to compare this detail, may as well go the full hog and compare the tapisserie height, dial thickness, crystal density, angle of curvature for lugs and other non-discernible details which won't be visible in real life.

Akra the gen FC dial comes in at least 2 variants. A matte one and a gloss (or semi-gloss) one. Don't worry, the XF FC dial finish is correct as per one of the variants.

QueTip you may wish to add your expert opinion here.

Aspergen :hehehe:

I absolutely share your opinion on this. It’s one thing to call something out on not having a good crystal or Cyclops or bad datealignment, shit QC whatever but going hard over the number of swirls on the dial that can only hardly be counted on 30x macro is just over the top. Might as well go gen right away and waste your money in this particular case. Or even throw all that dough out of the window.

Reactions: legend