• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best 39mm Royal Oak AP

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
Then buy the gen sorry but did you see how the reps looked 5 years ago? They improved the reps extremly i know that because i have the old quartz and did post photos about it and for the RM come on everybody who knows about watches will see that its a fake because the original movement is just a complete different piece than the rep. You should really step down your expectations or buy the gen because i was the same like your but after years i accept know that its only a "Rep" for cheap money (yes even 500 dollar is cheap compared to 18k or 28k), thats it.

And yes you can criticize the factorys i do that too but you don't need to buy it, some example i have an AP 15400 JV2 then i looked if i the V3 is an upgrade because minute markers and swiss made looks like shit (funny because it looks good on the 139 usd rep) after some looking i was like "No thats not worth 500 usd" then i just gave it to my friends and say did you see any flaws? ALL of them saw NOTHING they just said its a good looking watch nobody saw the swiss made flaw :D and yes i know 400 or 500 usd is a lot of money but you can still step down to the 100-200 usd reps. For the Blancpain i never saw so simple watches (if we talk about the standard reps) its way more easier than the AP ones.

For the 15202 the automatic ones have the proper bezel but everything else is shit so yeah :D just buy them if you like them and wear it thats it and don't lie about it, just say its a rep and thats it. You would be surprised how many people i get known because of this sometimes people with expensive watches asks me about the APs and when i say its a rep they are very surprised how far the repworld become.

Its just my opinion :)

I get the feeling that you didn’t read my message:
1. Let’s leave gens aside (this is a rep forum) - if and when I feel like spending money on gens I do so;
2. I respect people’s opinions and choices, but cannot agree with statements which are counter-factual. E.g. the 15202 quartz rep is nowhere close to the gen. It might be well constructed with correct hint of blue (possibly) but that doesn’t say anything more than this;
3. Who said that we are in this hobby to fool anyone;
4. The RM movements are a great step forward not because they replicate the real deal but because there’s actually some real design and engineering work behind them (which sadly is lacking from the recent AP pieces);
5. Have you noticed how much Chinese carmaking has improved in the last 5 years? Same is true for Microsoft computer making. Thankfully we live in an age where technologies allow many things to be accomplished within very short deadlines. So why then can’t the factories get the geometry right? I’m not talking about a 2121 cal clone, but come on, they cannot get the dials, bezels and crowns correct proportion-wise? Sure they can. But they don’t care much, do they?

So I am boycotting them. Not that this should matter to anyone else.

Reactions: jakekrait

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Because Rolex Reps sells better ofcourse like i said then dont buy them. I want a super from the hublot sang bleu too but the factory dont do it so what i should do know? Sorry but you didnt understand the whole context about my text.

Btw is the RM movement out? I have no problems with factorys doing good movements but they do it because they can sell them well and most of the people like big watches and the 15202 is not big so the interest is low.

Legion

2/3/15
Surprising I really don’t like the thinness of the 15202.

A lot of people say 39mm is the perfect size for AP but it’s a little small and retro looking for my personal taste.

Maybe I just expect a 20k watch to have more heft to it.

I’ve been trying to decide which has a better profile on wrist for day to day wearing:

15202:
3ab554b13e0b3a6fc0dbe696f24b5934.heic

15400:
4378cd66028182bc3a4d3bca4769a041.heic

15703:
816babb37ea11489e168e7ab720afed0.heic

5711:
27893ea0fe16ef9dc6f65b6485c775c5.heic

The main features of the 15202 is how thin it is, that's why you buy it really. It fits perfectly under a cufflink sleave really well and can be worn after work too.
I would say that the 15202 needs to be in addition to the diver or offshore :)

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15
I think the 15202 looks really good. Could careless about the little flaws..if I were ever to get caught up in knit picking little flaws I would never get to enjoy any reps lol

Reactions: Tigerdragon

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Yeah the whole point here the cheapest one is the best one right now so it's really a no braiber for me

Gen is another thing? Oh i reckon..

Sent from my SM-T325 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tigerdragon

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
I think the 15202 looks really good. Could careless about the little flaws..if I were ever to get caught up in knit picking little flaws I would never get to enjoy any reps lol

Well said! Buy the watch if you like it. As long as you are happy and satisfied with the amount paid for what you get, it’s all that matters. Everyone has opinions and if one is to be bothered about colour not like gen, crown too big too small, bracelet not like gen, too thick too thin etc....life’s gonna be very miserable lol it’s a rep end of the day period. Just enjoy the watch.

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
NCkf7Zf.jpg

mech500 - my experience with APs goes like this: 42 ROOs, including chronos and divers are OK for dress down occasions or if your work does not require you to wear shirts & trousers. I am excluding the gigantic 44mm ROOs as they are not dress watches to begin with. The 15202 is a tad too small for my taste yet truly classy; yet it still looks OK on most wrist sizes because of the geometry of the lugs. My choice for a daily wearer is the 41mm roc which is both larger than the 39 RO and still very slim as to fit well under a shirt's sleeve. I guess same could be said for the 15400 as it has very much the same geometry/proportions. Here's my roc next to my beloved diver (which I can actually take on holiday and not worry about :)

On the points raised by very much everyone else - if you like the quartz 15202 that's what really matters. Do buy and enjoy it, it is by all means an effort that deserves great respect. But please let me have my opinions on the geometry and quality of the reps that are being offered as if we didn't comment on them they will never improve. Praising makers just for the sake of keeping ourselves happy with our choices doesn't do the community at large much service. My 2 cents.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
NCkf7Zf.jpg
But please let me have my opinions on the geometry and quality of the reps that are being offered as if we didn't comment on them they will never improve.

Exactly. Thanks man, always appreciate your input. We always need to push the bar higher and not settle for junk. If JF were to replicate the 15202, it’ll be amazing.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I think at the price point of the quartz 15202, you have to treat it as a bit of fun, nothing more.

Exactly my thoughts and only watch heads are going to notice it, the other 90% of people don’t care or even notice what’s on your wrist, if you like it buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mech500

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
just seen a gold one of this exact model on facebook posted by a turkish guy asking for a replacement movement haha.

[/QUOTE I was about to pull the trigger on one of these, but now this has got me a bit worried, a quartz movement should last a long time. I've got quite a few of that are over 20 years old. Hopefully it is just a battery issue.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Then buy the gen sorry but did you see how the reps looked 5 years ago? They improved the reps extremly i know that because i have the old quartz and did post photos about it and for the RM come on everybody who knows about watches will see that its a fake because the original movement is just a complete different piece than the rep. You should really step down your expectations or buy the gen because i was the same like your but after years i accept know that its only a "Rep" for cheap money (yes even 500 dollar is cheap compared to 18k or 28k), thats it.

And yes you can criticize the factorys i do that too but you don't need to buy it, some example i have an AP 15400 JV2 then i looked if i the V3 is an upgrade because minute markers and swiss made looks like shit (funny because it looks good on the 139 usd rep) after some looking i was like "No thats not worth 500 usd" then i just gave it to my friends and say did you see any flaws? ALL of them saw NOTHING they just said its a good looking watch nobody saw the swiss made flaw :D and yes i know 400 or 500 usd is a lot of money but you can still step down to the 100-200 usd reps. For the Blancpain i never saw so simple watches (if we talk about the standard reps) its way more easier than the AP ones.

For the 15202 the automatic ones have the proper bezel but everything else is shit so yeah :D just buy them if you like them and wear it thats it and don't lie about it, just say its a rep and thats it. You would be surprised how many people i get known because of this sometimes people with expensive watches asks me about the APs and when i say its a rep they are very surprised how far the repworld become.

Its just my opinion :)

Anyone think you could buy a bezel, from an automatic version and if it would fit on the quartz ? Be a nice mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
It does not fit Automatic is bigger with 1-2 extra and wrong dw layout