• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROO blackthemes: Gen vs Rep Comparison

Methsus

Horology Curious
16/2/16
Check up the member2member section if a Franken AP comes up for grabs one day. Those are what you're searching for bud!
excuse me for 1 more time - where should i look for this section?

chinghong97

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/15
was wondering where you get that rep from? that's really sick thanks and cheers :D... give me the link for it

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
excuse me for 1 more time - where should i look for this section?
Hahaha... This remembered me my debut here when I was desperately searching that damn m2m section, hence I opened an 'SOS' thread, lol

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
wooow! I think the only visible flaw that I would see is the fat case back.... and I could definately live with that!!!! great post...don't we just love those gen/rep comparisons...:)
I think the thicker caseback is usually not visible apart from if there is a gen right next to it and if it's on the wrist no one can really see the difference in thickness. The only major flaw has and would has always been the datewheel/datewheel font. With a close enough look the flaw can be seen even while on the wrist haha.

Legion

2/3/15
Thanks, good info.
Looks like my next order will be a black theme.

Swiss Made

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
18/7/17
The common tells between the replica and genuine black theme personally would be the wider base hands, esp with the black contrasting dial, which seems to amplify the inconsistency. On contrast, to the naked eye at first glance, the date window alignment inaccuracy is less visible due to the black dial and black date window ring. I always deemed the worst issue with offshore reps would be with the wide base of hands because at least with the date windows positioning and right camera angling, you could portray it as a gen, that use to fool me lol..

D

d4m.test

By Legend of Speed, reposted by alvinado.

One of the SoCal family owns a gen Black Themes... and although he will remain nameless, he provided his Black Themes for these comparison shots next to a Black Themes V2 secs@12 watch owned by me...
In the pics, the gen is the bracelet version, the rep is the rubber strap version....
DSC_0725.jpg~original

DSC_0726.jpg~original

DSC_0727.jpg~original

DSC_0728.jpg~original

DSC_0729.jpg~original

DSC_0730.jpg~original

This last shot is a comparison between the gen Black Themes versus a Ziggy lumed Slevin... taken to gauge the intensity of the lume versus the master's.... as my rep will be going for lume soon.
DSC_0665.jpg~original

Hope you enjoyed the pics... and thanks to the fellow SoCal member for taking the pics..

Fixed.