Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Disassembling/Reassembling an AP ROO - Quick tutorial

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great info, these look so cool when being disassembled!!

Comment

thanks for sharing

Comment

Great post guys! So informative! Now I understand why they are so expensive :P So extremely well built, and gorgeous in both complete and disassembled forms

Comment

This is a very good tutorial

love it
          sigpic

If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.

Comment

I have to say thank you... this post give me the power to open a watch my first time. I just opend my new Ap Diver to regulate the movement. I unscrewed all the backscrews. moved the "regulate screw" 3 pieced into the - and lubricate the O ring and the complete caseback with some oilspray. After that i screwed it so hard down as possible. Do you think its still waterproof. I think its even tighter than bevore. Sorry for my bad english but my hart beats even faster than my hands shaking after that xD.

btw. The movement was silver. I ordered the watch with an sw200. i just thought this movement is bronze.

Greets
            Felix.
            sigpic

Comment

this is a fantastic write up. good job
              WTB Rolex DateJust 2 with rhodium dial (blue numbers)
              WTB Tag Carrera Calibre 16

Comment

Wow..very good read and even better images..
                To Mod or Not To Mod
                Please do NOT PM me about servicing or modding watches. Thank you!

Comment

I hate opening up watches. The movement retaining screws give me the most headache. I get infuriated trying to put the screw and washer type piece back into place! Any tips for this?

Comment

@hustlehard a small screwdriver, tweezers, a steady hand and lots of patience.

Comment

Can you opn it just from the top screws ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam007, post: 1275892
                        Can you opn it just from the top screws ?
                        no

Comment

Originally posted by hustlehard, post: 1111394
                          I hate opening up watches. The movement retaining screws give me the most headache. I get infuriated trying to put the screw and washer type piece back into place! Any tips for this?
                          some folks have created a tool using a PAM strap screw tube. Get the tube and dremel one of the ends to fit the screws.

Visit my AP ROO tutorial

Full Watch Collection Album - Past and Present

Comment

Another option is using a 3mm screwdriver and dremel it, works better imo than the PAM tube as you can use more force, have more grip than on a tiny tube.

Comment

Super thread!!

Comment

Excellent in depth and informative post. Thank you

If I wanted to line up the screws on the top bezel because the rep I receive 2 screws are slightly out, would I need to follow the same process? (Step 1 - 3) ?

Comment

Working...
                                X