• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mini Review: Audemars Piguet Concept GMT Tourbillon

lovesRM

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
8/10/16
Since there is hardly any information about the new concept line-up out there, I'll give you some first hand experience.

At first glance the watch is indistinguishable from the GEN. They finally got the 'white' right and it doesn't look like a cum glazed donut on your wrist. So props for that!
The ceramic white is really just that -> ceramic white. The overall finish of the watch is perfect and on par with the current products JF put out. I have been wearing it for quite a while and knocked it on quite a few tables and the balcony doors over time without any scratches or dings on the watch. In my opinion it's very well built. The colors are spot on, the materials feel expensive and overall the watch has a real expensive feel to it.
The downside is the non working Tourbillon, but we can't have it all.
The fonts and everything else on the dial seems to be on par and I have a hard time to spot major flaws that would stand out right off the bat.
The Gens I have seen didn't have the typical sunken bezel screws and where just flush with the bezel. Just like on the rep.
Below are some pictures for your own consideration.
For the current price and the quality you get, this is by far one of the better reps out there if you can overlook the tourbi. In real life, no one is going to notice it and won't even know it's an AP.
Overall quite happy with the watch. Personally I would go for a darker color scheme but I really wanted to see how the 'white' looks like and it's the same color like the strap and how you expect it to look like :punk:

Now some pics..

First of all, here is a gen pic:

Audemars-Piguet-Royal-Oak-Concept-GMT-Tourbillon-2014-theme-620x619.jpg

And the rep:

jH7h2yZ.jpg

Srp5FHZ.jpg

gRFZYax.jpg

vG940hR.jpg

Ox3oHvM.jpg

3MvzNN3.jpg

UnZICaC.jpg

cFc2eOk.jpg

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
You got the chrono version. This the the gen next to the non-chrono rep

hvBuwLH.jpg

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
The ceramic looks really much better. Now I'm looking forward to the white ceramic Diver.

Thanks for sharing

pfdamion876

5/5/13
Great review. I may be in the minority here but IMO some watches just shouldn't be repped. JF should focus on perfecting the watches that they have hope of perfecting like the RO and ROO watches.

im6ft9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/9/16
6ac3b57dc218721ca027f82c8baa077d.jpg

Got my black one on now. It's nice, but the quartz is disappointing. Not nearly as nice as my red/black theme or LBJ. That said you get what you pay for, the Tourbillon is a hell of a lot cheaper.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
i bought two of them around 3-4 months ago for friends

80USD iirc

they felt ok for the price but yeah I would never wear. Not because of quartz movement (i'm ordering a 15202) but because it's so distant from the gen I can't lower my standards this much.

But of course, as the old sage says, one man meat, the other poison

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
i bought two of them around 3-4 months ago for friends

80USD iirc

they felt ok for the price but yeah I would never wear. Not because of quartz movement (i'm ordering a 15202) but because it's so distant from the gen I can't lower my standards this much.

But of course, as the old sage says, one man meat, the other poison
both the black and white gen are on display at the boutique stall downtown... just saw them yesterday... a very big disappointment imo... :facepalm:

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
any factory update on these it seems like its getting closer and closer