• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[Review] AP ROO White/Silver Themes Franken Modded by C&W AP Workshop - (Copied)

isndotbiz

Known Member
26/9/15
As someone new this hobby(Aug) I asked a lot of questions, maybe an annoying large amount of questions and Chris always got back to me and addressed all my concerns. The customer service that I have received during this exchange is really the incremental thing that had the most value during this process. I will now be a life long customer and have another ROO Franken RC Project, a 15400 Heavily Modded Project, and a ROO Diver Heavily Modded Project + Rep & Gen watches now with Chris due to his competence and my confidence in his abilities demonstrated during this build. Much thanks to my friend Chris for his work on modding my first AP franken project!

Breakdown:
- Gen Dial, Tachy & Backplate
- Gen Spec Mikey Hands
- Brand New LWO 283 movement w/ gen cyclops (thx guru)
- Prof 2x AR Crystal (thx rnrpfof)
- Gen Spec Datewheel (thx edgematic)
- Noob Safari Case Donor thinned to spec
- J12 SS Bracelet

I received this watch a few weeks ago but today is the first time I've actually had a chance to sit down in front of my computer and write a much deserve review of my experience. It has been a bumpy road with a lot of studying and a lot of work to get this watch made. I first bought a RC dial of Ebay in a rush to make my first franken and then discovered it was going to be very hard to find a gen tachy. Upon realizing that a silver tachy was nearly impossible to source and I couldn't seem to find a rep donor with a silver tachy anywhere. I was spending hours every day looking all over the net and then I found a Dial-Tachy-Backplate set on eBay. I reached out to forum for some help on the build and what to do with my 2 dials. Guru informed me about the movements he could get and said he could help translate for me to the modder and it seemed as a pretty viable option to send everything across the pond to get everything installed.

While in the process of ordering a brand new donor and shipping sourced parts overseas I get a message from Chris saying he can do the build right here in the US, at the time I didn't mind the international dealing as I had dealt this way before with no issue. So I have one build across the pond and one build here in CONUS and money has been sent through paypal and everything is fine or so I thought... A few days after payments are sent they are pulled and suspended by paypal, and my sending money privileges are revoked by paypal. Paypal tells me that I'm moving large amounts of money overseas with no explanation as to why and they need me to explain myself. So I do just that, submit documentation but paypal keeps freezing my international payments, and are now not letting me send large amounts at once. Issues with paypal happen over and over again for about a month, I'm 35 and Ive started a few businesses since I graduated college way back when, so as you can imagine paypal has no reason to doubt the legitimacy of my transactions. I've used them alot the past 15 years. I finally get paypal to push the money through by threatening to close down my merchant accounts with them. In the end it was a great big mess and left a bad taste for paypal in my mouth, and unfortunately with international transactions paypal is one of the few that is usually universally accepted. In the end I had to get Chris to send the final international payment for me.

Going the extra mile doesn’t begin to describe it. I was told a few weeks to do the build once he had all the parts. I think he had it off to me in a little over a week. I’m ecstatic that we can get these amazing franken builds done here is the US as well now, and I’m glad that other folk that have held off on getting their grail assembled because they didn’t want to deal internationally can now send their projects to Miami to be compiled.

Pics Of Dial-Tachy-Backplate & QC from Chris (I asked for lots of pics)

3wthGuf.jpg

GNWhcwM.jpg

fk16Ay1.jpg

QcI3K2B.jpg

NQtTmqR.jpg

NQtTmqR.jpg
yo8mRAf.jpg

pHQNw38.jpg
zD3MRlE.jpg

hbO0xx4.jpg
yaPTsmf.jpg

1RZJfXP.jpg

STeAknk.jpg

XcTJXg5.jpg
8xdiUDb.jpg

KAVSjdn.jpg

kQmJUDM.jpg

.... in my possession
AmwDyEI.jpg

gjOJqt9.jpg
m1Qnkss.jpg

Cheers,
Jonathan

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Beautiful! Loving your signature too! :woo:

vpn00786

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/8/15
I have to agree with the OP. I have been communicating with Chris & Peter regarding my AP Panda frankens and the communication has been impeccable.
It is really good that we have a nice modder in the US and seeing these results definitely raises my confidence in them.

Chris and Pete, make me a franken!! :)

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Very nice, enjoy it ;)

PS: Why did you make the date window surround in black?

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
my text got dropped. I think it is just shadowing im looking on my wrist and gen seems to do the same in pics.. see above.
Gen White Themes has silver surround while Gen RC white has it black ;)

Anyway, great built indeed

ap@12

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/12/12
very nice
yes,tinitonsi has right!!

isndotbiz

Known Member
26/9/15
This dial is out of RC ROO and is kinda silverish to match an older white/silver themes ROO. I think your refering to white themes with a white tachy with plain white dial like this one with a silver window
ieFDd5O.jpg

Next ROO I'm building is RC white/silver dial with black tachy which has grown on me since tachy alone hard to source.
SLbHiwK.jpg

Gen White Themes has silver surround while Gen RC white has it black ;)

Anyway, great built indeed

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
Nice build. look like you can reach in and touch that dial with the prof ar. How will Chris cope building these frankens and his limited edition gp

Mattew

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/4/12
Very nice!
Ah, I'll buying AP ROO;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk