• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review AP RubberClad Bezel Differences into Detail - Noob vs J12

zocker4711

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/3/13
Hi RWI People

So first i must say SORRY! that i didn´t Finish the Big Rolex Ceramic Thread...
I work on it, but it takes much Time and atm i haven´t these ;)

You guys send me too much of your Watches to do Work on it :)

But i try to do my best as i can to show you some new nice improvements of Watches etc.

Ok so...

Today I want to bring some Light up into the Dark(side)

So we will start our Journey into the New AP J12 Rubber Clad

So many of us AP Freaks have think about the new Rubber Clad update.
If it make sense or not...

I can tell you Yes! it makes Sense! The Rubber Clad has been improved a lot...

But i would say enough... Of these Blah Blah Text ;) let us go into the Details...

I have start the comparison with the Noob RubberClad RoseGold and the Brand New J12 RubberClad Black

So at the first look we´ll notice that the Rubber on the Outer Crystal side is much better on the J12 on the Noob is arched upward.

Also look at the Screws the Screws of the J12 are updated too...

The are smaller in Diameter, they Fit into the GEN AP Bezel now... And the look of them are soooo close to the GEN it is really AMAZING !!!

Ok let us see the new Rubber Texture

we see that the texture at the Noob is really rough... The J12 have updated them really nice and sooooo close to the GEN...

Let us see the side view of the RubberClad Bezel

This was everytime an Big fault for me at the Noob RubberClad Bezel! The edges of the Bezel...

Let us take an look on an GEN Rubber Clad Bezel... The Pic of the Bezel i got from the Internet, i had no other one to my Hand.

See the first Edge from the Bottom... It looks small...

No let us take an look at the Both Player Bezels...

J12

Look at the Edge on the Bottom... It looks really really close...

Now Noob...

The Edge of the Noob looks almost as large as the Edge on the Top...

Here another View of the both Watches...

We see the J12 looks Miles better then the Noob

Ok let us take an Closer look to the Texture...

This is the Texture of the Noob under Microscope...

We see the Texture is really rough

Now the J12

This Texture is sooooo much better!!! Without Words...

Ok so let us come to the Important Part for the most of us ;)

Let us Disassemble the Black Beast... :D

the first view lets us guess where the journey's going ;)

Hoahhh YES !!! They did it !!! The first nice RubberClad Bezel Rep !!!

We see Metal...

A closer look

Ok let us take an look at the Backside :)

Wohoooo... *DANCE*** Metal with Coated Rubber Texture... Perfect !!!

Some close looks

Nice thick Rubber Coat same as the GEN

So as I have already thought the J12 RubberClad has got really nice Improvements...
I didn´t go into the Details of the Watches self now, because this Thread should only show the differences on the RubberClads.

The J12 Bezel have GEN Specs! They Bezel self looks same as the GEN from the Construction.
But if you wanna install an GEN Crystal you must shape them a little bigger inside...
The J12 Bezel is 0,5mm smaller... The GEN Crystal is 33,00 and the Bezel self is 32,6 around...
But Remember the GEN Crystal is thicker as the Rep Crystals in Hight...

I have Build in now an Crystal from Mikey2008 they use the Noob Crystals... You can Fit them too ;)

The Specs that have changed...

- Better Rubber Coat Texture
- Rubber Coat on Steel Bezel
- The Screw Holes are same size as the GEN
- The Edges of the Bezel self are really close to the GEN

So i had think about to install an GEN Rubber Clad Bezel, but my mind say´s me order the new J12 RubberClad and test them.
At the End i am Happy! :D

The GEN Bezel cost 1000,-Eu and you need Defenitley an GEN Crystal with GEN Gasket

For this Price you can buy 2x Complete J12 RubberClad Watches... And the different btw the GEN and the Rep Bezel is marginal i would say...

If you Hit an Wall or something with the GEN Bezel you start to Cry!!! Believe me... :D

So...

At the End the Bezel looks like these :D

And now Good Night !!! :)

I say Thanks for Looking! Hope you had enjoy it and

See you on the next Episode...

tr0y

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
19/2/13
THANK YOU SO F*%#ING MUCH!!
This is exactly what I was hoping for - even the thickness of the rubber seems to be identical as per gen.

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
SWEEEET dude, thank you!! :)
A win for J12!!

:nana::cheese::nana:

zocker4711

Banned
18/3/13
If you look at the last 4 Pics you will see the Bezel installed on an Franken AP ;)

It´s my Franken AP Rubber Clad White Theme Based on the J12 Case etc...

I have Build them with Domi together ;)

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
couple of small mods and. maybe gen eta and it will be a nice watch
thanks for posting

3c03d320726e6997a756003902eeee02.jpg

069d7cfccb6cf1e4639dbd5cd1f4b5c9.jpg

sent from my iPad Air

zocker4711

Banned
18/3/13
Thanks for the Rep Points Bro ;)

All i can say, i love them :D

She is AMAZING... She is soooooo close to the GEN... I had to think about to Build in the GEN Crystal but i hold this for the GEN Bezel :)

Here is an Pic in Full Size...

I would say, the GEN Bezel isn´t really needed...

Spend the $$$ in other GEN Parts... More important Parts are the Crown & Tube and the Pushers...
I have installed them and they makes an Big different if they are New...

I will show you the Franken in another Thread with some differents of the different Parts...

C124

Renowned Member
25/11/14
Nice work man,Great post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
Wow, thank you very much for the info. It's time to order a new RC!!

Sent from my iPhone 6

zocker4711

Banned
18/3/13
I hope they don´t change the RubberClad... So this RC was one of the first that J12 shiped... I have try before to order this Watch by Ryan and he told me that he can´t get them, because j12 make an improvement of the Bezel.
We all know how it works in the Rep life... One Step forward are 10 Step backward...

I must say this Bezel is really really great... So if i look at the new Ceramic 44mm APs i must say J12 has sleep...

If you guys check the Bezel of the 44mm you will see the Edges are wrong as on the Noob...

I love the 44mm i have test them all at my AD and i must say the GEN is an really AMAZING Watch... But the Rep have many flaws... That´s why i stay on the Closed Caseback APs ;)

If the Day had 48h i had made allready sooooo many Threads :) but i can´t split me... So i say Thanks to all this nice Comments here...

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
great info mate:)
and what an eagle eye you have...I have checked the 44mm Noob Bezel Edges n they look really fine...so are you talking about the edges of 44mm Bezels by J12?
I hope they don´t change the RubberClad... So this RC was one of the first that J12 shiped... I have try before to order this Watch by Ryan and he told me that he can´t get them, because j12 make an improvement of the Bezel.
We all know how it works in the Rep life... One Step forward are 10 Step backward...

I must say this Bezel is really really great... So if i look at the new Ceramic 44mm APs i must say J12 has sleep...

If you guys check the Bezel of the 44mm you will see the Edges are wrong as on the Noob...

I love the 44mm i have test them all at my AD and i must say the GEN is an really AMAZING Watch... But the Rep have many flaws... That´s why i stay on the Closed Caseback APs ;)

If the Day had 48h i had made allready sooooo many Threads :) but i can´t split me... So i say Thanks to all this nice Comments here...

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Thank you very much for posting this. I had lost faith in this RC until now!

gashers82

1/1/14
First thing, thank you Zocker for the great review and comparison buddy.

Sorry if I missed this and I know you installed this on your J12 Franken, but can this bezel be installed on an existing Noob franken?

zocker4711

Banned
18/3/13
The J12 Factory is different as Noob so maybe it would be possible to order the Bezel only... But i am really sure you can´t get them now... It will take some Time...
And Yes you can install the Bezel also on the Noob Franken... That would be no prob... The Noob Case isn´t soooooo different...
So i have found out with Domi that the J12 Case isn´t any better as the Noob in Build...

I Personaly like the J12 more for the GEN Specs inside Tachy hole... You must drill an hole nut if you don´t wanna cut the Feets of the Tachy but that would be no big deal...

But for the Modder it is easier ;) because the J12 is thinner from beginning... The J12 Mid Case is smaller then the Noob... ;) (I think many People goes now check the size hehe) Unbelivable :D no one have messure it? :)

You must shape only an half millimeter or so from the J12 Case from the Noob you must shape more... But as i said that makes no much differnt in Build...

Each Franken is so or so different... And must be Build Complete from one Modder in my Eyes...

jpohl402

10/7/12
But for the Modder it is easier ;) because the J12 is thinner from beginning... The J12 Mid Case is smaller then the Noob... ;) (I think many People goes now check the size hehe) Unbelivable :D no one have messure it? :)

Slaughterer did on the Chronopassion....

zocker4711

Banned
18/3/13
Ahhh ok :)

Yeah you are right... Have forgotten...

tinitonsi

Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Thx for sharing, mate... Big improvement from JF, WOW!

zocker4711

Banned
18/3/13
Not only the Bezel !!! So for all AP Lovers they wanna buy the Standart Rep i must say Thumps up for J12 Especial the Dials and Tachys from them are AMAZING...

And the Screws yah these are sooooo AMAZING... I like the old 42mm APs with Closed Caseback from J12 i hope they realease my Favourit in the next Month(s)
The Mountauk Highway... As i have heared they re-release it... I hope in same Quality as the other APs they released...

The Numbers on on the J12 and the Rims etc are soooo nice...

I like the J12 maker a lot... A good new Factory... That brings fresh Wind into the Scene... :D