• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ASPF: 15407ST Double Balance Wheel Openworked

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
i dunno man, say what you want, that bridge spoils it big time...and it's right in your face

Picasso74

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Italy Pordenone
I think that this piece, compared to his gen counterpart, it is all we could expect and hope for.
i don t belive in a future clone seeing the lower request about it.
if you don mind the gen or, if you haven t someone who has it, i think you can wear it enjoying the layout and the skeletonizations done to the movement.

it remain a funny piece…nothing else.

personally i ll stay away……but i simply don t like this kind of complications anymore.

my 2 cents

Reactions: mech500

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I think that this piece, compared to his gen counterpart, it is all we could expect and hope for.
i don t belive in a future clone seeing the lower request about it.
if you don mind the gen or, if you haven t someone who has it, i think you can wear it enjoying the layout and the skeletonizations done to the movement.

it remain a funny piece…nothing else.

personally i ll stay away……but i simply don t like this kind of complications anymore.

my 2 cents

Reps for exotics like this and the ceramic moonphase royal oak will surely be more flawed than the regular royal oak models like the 15500 and 15400 and members need to manage their expectations accordingly with such reps and treat them as fun novelty rather than try to benchmark them to the gens and comment how “crappy” and laughable they are. That may be true, they aren’t wrong at all but always look at the price difference when comparing flaws too. If the price is the same as the gen or even 10% of it, maybe the complaints are justified. But I think it’s fair for the rep to be what it is given the price they want for it.
If one does not like them, the solution is incredibly simple: just pass on it.

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Europe
Received mine a few days ago. The bracelet is horrible. Was impossible to change the links since the screws are so tied in. I have replaced it with a 15400 ZF bracelet which fits besides one lug screw that connects the bracelet to the case. Either the hole is too tight or something else. Can't figure it out. So for now 3 screws to hold the bracelet with the case - if anyone has any tips I am all ears.
Overall the fit and finish is pretty ok besides the shitty bracelet.

So far ASPF has been utter shit to me. I have the PVD turbillon and the whole stem to wind the watch just came out. It's nothing like ZF or good ol' JF quality.

IMG-0739.jpg

free image hosting

Last edited:

alohajet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/8/21
Los angeles
I just received a version of this watch from DH gate, very inexpensive at $70 and I will upload some pictures soon.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Received mine a few days ago. The bracelet is horrible. Was impossible to change the links since the screws are so tied in. I have replaced it with a 15400 ZF bracelet which fits besides one lug screw that connects the bracelet to the case. Either the hole is too tight or something else. Can't figure it out. So for now 3 screws to hold the bracelet with the case - if anyone has any tips I am all ears.
Overall the fit and finish is pretty ok besides the shitty bracelet.

So far ASPF has been utter shit to me. I have the PVD turbillon and the whole stem to wind the watch just came out. It's nothing like ZF or good ol' JF quality.

I often see phrases like “utter shit” or “absolute rubbish” and I understand why they are used to describe specific watches or parts of watches. It’s often amusing to read such descriptions and I often privately agree with such honest sentiments for the watches concerned :hehehe:
But let’s always remember these terms are often relative and subjective and reader discretion is always advised. Perceived quality based on a small sample quantity may not always be accurate, and also acceptability of any given quantity is often subjective to the individual.

Thanks for sharing your anecdotal view J and it’s always good to have the candid opinion of experienced members like yourself. I find your post funny in my own way because APSF always takes the time to market the details of their watches like they are 1:1 to gen and the truth always seem to contradict their marketing messages almost completely. I think it’s good that members read about what owners write about the watches and make their own informed decision about whether to buy them.

momokurai

1/2/22
I nearly bought into the hype and pre-ordered this watch. However, thanks to getting burned by the gaming industry with their shady preorder tactics, I learnt to have some patience. I feel the rep is acceptable when they fix their bridge. I understand that no rep can be 1:1 to the gen, don't even need to say for this kind of exotic and complicated watch, but they need to be at least 80% as close to the gen as possible and I don't mind paying a premium for it.

Reactions: legend

alohajet

22/8/21
Los angeles
I tried to attach some pictures from my pc but no luck..... Couldn't find a tutorial here either. Can anybody help?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
I tried to attach some pictures from my pc but no luck..... Couldn't find a tutorial here either. Can anybody help?

Sharing pictures is temporarily down as the site will be.

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Europe
I often see phrases like “utter shit” or “absolute rubbish” and I understand why they are used to describe specific watches or parts of watches. It’s often amusing to read such descriptions and I often privately agree with such honest sentiments for the watches concerned :hehehe:
But let’s always remember these terms are often relative and subjective and reader discretion is always advised. Perceived quality based on a small sample quantity may not always be accurate, and also acceptability of any given quantity is often subjective to the individual.

Thanks for sharing your anecdotal view J and it’s always good to have the candid opinion of experienced members like yourself. I find your post funny in my own way because APSF always takes the time to market the details of their watches like they are 1:1 to gen and the truth always seem to contradict their marketing messages almost completely. I think it’s good that members read about what owners write about the watches and make their own informed decision about whether to buy them.

After a few weeks of ownership I have to say the movement is by far better than any of the ZF 15400's I have, the R8 Tourbi or any JF offshore. The power reserve on that watch is just something else.
I don't own a time grapher but I haven't noticed it losing or gaining any seconds. Never had to adjust the time, only when I received it.
Finally got the bracelet situation fixed, so again, after my initial shock of the watch I am quite happy with it. Paying $500 for a rep that goes for $250k (grey market) watch, is probably a good deal to be had!
Also how many people do we know IRL that own the skeleton and will say 'Oh no the bridge is wrong'. Chances are very few of us. Unfortunately or fortunately, I do have a friend with the rose gold gen version and handling them side by side, the rep is really not all that bad for the price you pay.
It's far from accurate but it's the best deal to be had for the skeleton out there. If you want a fun watch, accept that you have to oil the bracelet and live with 'different rep' flaws than usual, then it's a fun piece to wear.
Expecting the APSF 15500 with clone movement any day now, maybe that can change my opinion about APSF a bit more. RSF is next on the list.