• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Crazy Black Friday weekend sales (31K and going higher for a Franken AP)

flex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/6/08
Would eBay stop them? There’s an authentiate process that some gen owners waved about.

Amorist

Horology Curious
13/2/18
Smells like a scam bidding scheme to get the price up.

Thats exactly what i'm thinking. I dont think it was a bidding war so much as them driving the price up to get one unsuspecting buyer.

Too much of this stuff goes on with ebay. I've never bought a watch there, but I've paid for authentic software that came burned on a cd with a password in the packaging. Tons of positive reviews for that seller too, it's wild.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yeah you cant sell "counterfeit" on ebay its in their terms and conditions but maybe it depends on the country..

I doubt that there is an eBay policy for any country which allows for counterfeit or replica items.
Often, these items get past the rules with sneaky use of words like "homage", "customized", or "aftermarket".

Reactions: Allure

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
I don't believe anyone will pay 33k for a watch in the knowledge that it was previously bought for 5k by the eBay seller. Human stupidity is infinite though.

hosusan6

Known Member
Certified
13/11/21
London UK
I doubt that there is an eBay policy for any country which allows for counterfeit or replica items.
Often, these items get past the rules with sneaky use of words like "homage", "customized", or "aftermarket".

yep exactly, that said they are alot more strict on other policies like selling knives etc so maybe its one they are aware of and they are happy to allow to fly under the radar