• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone seeing what I'm seeing here?

crunchycarrot00

14/6/18
Misaligned bezel screw/nuts slots (off center and angle)

Either these are reps or gen QC has fallen off a cliff... I've never seen screw slots that bad in the boutique and would RL if it was a rep....

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Sorry i dont see it. Maybe its the angel?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
I think its the plastic cover that fools you. I cant see any fault, But Im not an expert either :)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
On both watches, there is nothing wrong with the bezel screws.
What you are seeing on the blue screw@7 is the reflection off the plastic.

But if you are pointing out the fact that such flaws exist on the gen, you are correct, they do.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

crunchycarrot00

14/6/18
On both watches, there is nothing wrong with the bezel screws.
What you are seeing on the blue screw@7 is the reflection off the plastic.

But if you are pointing out the fact that such flaws exist on the gen, you are correct, they do.

The blue isn't that bad but the 4 o'clock one on the grey is trash, it's so far off center...

​​​​​​Even if these exist in gen world... They really shouldn't...

​​​​​​Reminds me of the deep dive another forum user did on how some rep pam movement finishing was better than gen Panerai... For Panerai sure... But AP? Damn...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The blue isn't that bad but the 4 o'clock one on the grey is trash, it's so far off center...

​​​​​​Even if these exist in gen world... They really shouldn't...

​​​​​​Reminds me of the deep dive another forum user did on how some rep pam movement finishing was better than gen Panerai... For Panerai sure... But AP? Damn...

Even AP watches aren't perfect always. Same for any other luxury brand.
For example, a 15202 had a stem dislodged by its owner at the boutique at the time of collection. Another guy that I know had a brand new an properly wound chrono reset to 10 seconds mark when he was collecting the watch and playing with the chrono while waiting for his invoice. Many imperfections exist like dial print or alignment errors in dates etc.
As long as the watches are built by hand, human error is inevitable during the manufacturing, assembly and even QC stages.

SerafinWatch

4/1/14
Switzerland
Grey: If you look closely at the index at 4 you can the dial is photoshopped. The same applies to the screw at 4, whose reflection does not fit.
Most evident mismatching is at blue 7, where even the perspective does not fit.

So relax guys. Its bad photo-editing not the watches... Some one just removed some spots on the watch and applied afterwards.

Cheers

peterpl

24/7/11
You guys are hilarious. Its Roman Sharf - Luxury Bazaar is doing $150M plus per year on watch sales. These are NOT reps and there is nothing wrong with those watches.

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
Just like Photoshop making women more attractive in Instagram the same tools are used in watch advertisements and watch posts. Kind of ironic that an advertisement should show less blemishes or imperfections on a watch of all places but it’s easy to do and makes you think the watch you’re buying is beyond perfect until you start seeing tons of dust and fingerprints on it when it’s in your possession. You’ve discovered something here! Maybe we can find more examples.

crunchycarrot00

14/6/18
You guys are hilarious. Its Roman Sharf - Luxury Bazaar is doing $150M plus per year on watch sales. These are NOT reps and there is nothing wrong with those watches.

I'm not saying the guy knowingly deals in replicas but trusting a source simply because they're big and thinking a big company would never do anything improper is a pretty stupid position.
But by the same logic though, the guy deals in 150m plus per year in watches. You think occasionally he's never been burned even once?

I'm not even saying he passes on this loss to his customers by reselling it on a la Horology House.

I saw a few misaligned bezel screws...I can either think 1) is just parallax and optical illusion 2) AP has bad QC 3) The item is a rep

1) unlikely for the grey dial given how bad it is
2) is still interesting
3) unlikely but I'm not going to be buying watches sight unseen even from a boutique

​​​​​

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I'm not saying the guy knowingly deals in replicas but trusting a source simply because they're big and thinking a big company would never do anything improper is a pretty stupid position.
But by the same logic though, the guy deals in 150m plus per year in watches. You think occasionally he's never been burned even once?

I'm not even saying he passes on this loss to his customers by reselling it on a la Horology House.

I saw a few misaligned bezel screws...I can either think 1) is just parallax and optical illusion 2) AP has bad QC 3) The item is a rep

1) unlikely for the grey dial given how bad it is
2) is still interesting
3) unlikely but I'm not going to be buying watches sight unseen even from a boutique

​​​​​

Both the blue and grey 15500 in the pic you posted are gen.

Just because they have flaws, it does not make them rep. A meaningful sample size is important when drawing a conclusion that AP has bad QC. This pic, is it one of 10 you've seen, or maybe of dozens or hundreds? As long as it involves humans somewhere in the process, it is not possible to get 100% perfection for the watches. This holds true for every brand including AP. Rolex though seems to have a more consistent approach to QC, from my experience and I will rate it higher than the AP or Patek QC process. If you own a 10x loupe, you will start seeing imperfections in most watches actually in the dial and hands. I can that we can overlook the occasional misaligned screws in the APs, it happens and it's nothing to be shocked about.