Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think I can pull off wearing an A. Lange & Sohne?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think I can pull off wearing an A. Lange & Sohne?

Ok, I love these watches. They are magnificent. Full disclosure. I don't own one (a rep of course, forget about a gen). Even though I am new at this forum, I have done my research and participated in this hobby for a few years. The question really is: can I pull this off (that is wearing a ALS without being called out). Ppl wear reps for different reasons, I get that but for me, I can pull off wearing a Pan, IWC, Omega etc, cuz in my social circle I could be seen as potentially being able to afford some of these watches. But a Lange and Sohne?, come on! we are talking about a $30-50K watch here (and much more in some cases), especially my fav, a datograph. Even nice saxonias and 1815s are over the range of 20k. Considering these reps are not as good as others and not close to gens, then is it really worth it?, I know these reps are amazing and look beautiful but in reality ppl will google right away the cost of your watch and will raise some red flags on how in the world is this guy able to afford such a watch. I'm not sure... any comments of ppl who own them and advise would be appreciated! Thanks...

No.

Comment

No.

[Link] The Truth About our Reps...

Comment

If you have to ask ...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

Your first solid answer of NO was when you questioned yourself?

I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
          Blown up for Raquel Welch.
          But when I wind up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey

Comment

Go for it, man!
            Who cares what other people think.

Comment

well, on the last auction i was the Lange 1 sold for just 16k...

problem is that no good lange on the rep world
              A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure !

Comment

I agree. Thanks for the input. Who cares what the rest think. Although not a Lange and Sohne, the Glashutte senator sixties is listed as a super rep. Hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think if you try and pass it off as real then yes. i have no issue telling people my watch is fake. own it

Comment

The problem with rep Langes is that all of the current ones are way way too thick (like 50% thicker than gen) and the date windows are way too small. I'm hoping they come out with a good one in the future

Comment

Relax and wear whatever makes you happy.... Less than 1% of people you cross paths with will have a clue as to what a Lange & Sohne even is.

Comment

Wear what you like, I mix my reps / gens and no one cares, I get compliments but no one asks questions about my watches. Social status does play a role in this, but whatever!
                        Unless you live in your parents garage and driving an AMC Grimlin, that I frown upon! LOL

Comment

Yes if you're willing to admit it's a fake. No rep can touch a Gen Lange

Comment

Well tbh if you had a gen PAM, IWC and Omega, you'd be able to sell any of them and buy a pre-owned entry level Lange, like an 1815 (of which MK is producing decent reps)

Comment

Not sure if I can pull off wearing one but I will be getting one soon, either this or the iwc tourbillon. I am getting it knowing I can’t afford the genuine and neither would I spend the kind of money owning one. Haha... but damn the tourbillon itself is worth every penny the rep cost. Beautiful movement. And I am amazed the maker could replicate it.

hublot and AP although very expensive but they are more well known.

By the way I understand there is also another type called the carousel. Any makers repped this?

Comment

Working...
                              X