• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A. Lange & Sohne help!?

danyboy

Known Member
12/8/09
2007102921457892.jpg

i've had that watch for a month or two now, and as you can see the seconds hand is at the 6. the problem now is...the seconds hand is stuck at...47 seconds...the weird thing is that the minute keeps moving and keeps time as usual. Unless i tap it ..or do some wild shaking..the seconds and will start moving again...but will eventually stop at the same spot. Any ideas what movement this is? Any tutorials / suggestions on how to fix it? It was a gift, i didn't buy it, therefore i do not know what movement this is.

(i know that maybe i should put this in the diy section, but after seeing that only 2-3 people are viewing it, i don't think it'll go anywhere XP)

thank you!

rifchavon

Horology Curious
23/9/09
Make it serviced. Maybe it's just a greasing issue... at least I hope for you

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I wonder if this is the same movement that is in the UN Blue Wave watch with power reserve at 12 and seconds at 6. I had this problem with my UN so I took the back off and gave it a few good shots of air near the balance and pallet with my puffer. It helped it to run for longer periods.

Also maybe the second hand might be hitting the dial, not put on properly.

danyboy

Known Member
12/8/09
hmm..i think ill try the air..

but just maybe it is bumping against the dial, i can't quite see...
i think i may have bumped it today... thanks for the suggestions :D

any more?

Patek986

28/12/06
I bet the second hand isn't set right on the stem. The stem has got to be working otherwise the gear train would seize. My guess is that it needs to be opened up and the hand put on correctly, or the hand's hole for the stem's tolerance is too large and it is just sitting there while the stem spins. Does it stop at 47 seconds all the time?

danyboy

Known Member
12/8/09
I bet the second hand isn't set right on the stem. The stem has got to be working otherwise the gear train would seize. My guess is that it needs to be opened up and the hand put on correctly, or the hand's hole for the stem's tolerance is too large and it is just sitting there while the stem spins. Does it stop at 47 seconds all the time?

yup apparently so...i found out that if i flip the watch over face down..it runs....
now im really confused..lol

Patek986

28/12/06
Sorry to hear about your annoying problem, that sucks. However I would think that turning the watch face down would set the hand even LESS on the stem. Hmmm... It's a nice watch too, Lange are some of my favorites. Good luck, hopefully somehow you will get it to work.