• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of 1815 Tourbillon

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I recently picked this up from a M2M sale. Quite glad I made this purchase, it's a fantastic watch.

MOVEMENT: Asian Flying Tourbillon Handwind Movement
CASE DIAMETER: 42mm
THICKNESS: 11.5mm
DIAL COLOR: White Dial, Black Numeral Markers (With Flying Tourbillon Exposed Wheel at 6:00)
CASE MATERIAL: 18K Rose Gold Thick Plated (5 mils) on Solid Stainless Steel 316L
BRACELET: Leather Strap with Insignia Buckle

It's a manual wind, and I'm not certain how long it lasts, but it's probably similar to the others that are ~50 hours. Notable differences from the gen are the lack of a 'sabre' design for the movement decoration and no seconds hand. The size is also a bit bigger (42mm vs 40mm). One of the most impressive parts of this replica is the 3D printing of the font on the dial. I have some pics of it.

Here's the gen (~$135,000):
a-lange-sohne-1815-tourbillon-platinum-8.jpg

a-lange-sohne-1815-tourbillon-4.jpg

Here are my pics of the watch:

yvJkeJSh.jpg

K8Ctkn7h.jpg

HNMDytUh.jpg

QSGLyTrh.jpg

ubEhxNlh.jpg

Qvbnq2Xh.jpg

1wLS1Yth.jpg

RYdt9Erh.jpg

k1p0rXAh.jpg

Here is the 3D printed font. Love the raised edges.

Compare this dial to my other Lange 1815. Night and day. They need to print this font on all future replicas.
PaFOSZOh.jpg

Love it. Would love to hear what you guys think.

Major Pros:
- Dial font
- Dial patina, reflection
- Quality of the gold
- Hands are finished nicely
- Smooth winding

Major cons:
- Poorly duplicated tourbillon replica - no sabres
- No seconds hand
- Large size
- Black strap? Blah.

Reactions: XLR8R and Muni

Nparikh21

Looking Around
25/1/17
Amazing - where do you think I can get something of that quality? Also how much did you drop on it?

Daddyoftoo

Known Member
6/2/15
You forget just how incredible ALS are until you are reminded.
Stunning buddy, regardless of minor flaws, still one of the most beautiful reps I have ever seen.
GLWS.

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
I have had this tourby under the loop. Most of the dealers carry it and what I was surprised that the price goes for a brand new one from ~580$ to ~780$. Very strange..
Anyhow, despite some minor flaws, missing details it is overall a very sexy piece. 2017 could easilly become a tourbillon year...

Enjoy your beautiful watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
Beautoful ALS and you're right. The font looks much nicer here. The tourbillion may not be a spot on rep but looks close and is a real tourbillion. All anyone will ever notice is that it's a real tourbillion :) nice watch!

chen95

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/17
It looks wonderful. However, its pratically impossible to replicate the tourbillon due to the complexity of the thing. Therefore, the details cant be as nice. Also, the back isnt as well decorated. But man. It sure does look nice for the price u paid!

Sent from the RWI App

AlvinAc

Horology Curious
29/11/16
@majwilliams0308 Just pulled the trigger on one of these - thanks for the review and pictures. Will need a new strap to go with it - what width are the lugs/buckle? Also did you end up going a brown strap - any pics?

mtb101

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/10/16
wow what a beautiful replica, the font does look great

Sylhab03

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/11/16
wonderful watch...not an expert on ALS but at every time it's a nice discovery

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
This exact watch is sitting on a table in my Father in Laws house still in it's package. I have a key but he left the other key in the other side of the door so I cannot open the door. So so close, I wonder if he would mind if I carefully broke the glass? I am sure he would understand.

Reactions: The Rod