• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

(Pic Heavy) Review of A Lange & Sohne 1815 Manual Wind

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
So I took the plunge and got this watch. Even though it's not 100% gen-like, it's a really great rep. Easily some of the best parts of this watch are the 28800bph movement in the small seconds subdial, the two different series of concentric circles for the middle of the dial and the seconds subdial (which gives a perfect shimmer as you pull up your wrist to check the time), and the small light spectrums that hit the dial in different lights.

Pairs well with a blue blazer and some khakis. The size is just right too @ 40mm. My wrist is 6.75".

Info from website:
Classic Regulator MK Best Edition RG White Dial Number Markers Sec@6 on Black Leather Strap A88275
Size: 40.5mm x 11mm
Movement: New A. Lange & Sohne 88275 Movement Clone. Base Movement: Asian 2824 movement at 28800vph; Decoration: Platinum plated movement plate and rotor which are made according to the genuine movement, the best looking A. Lange & Sohne 88275 Movement Clone at the moment.
Case: 18K rose gold plated Solid 316 stainless steel case
Crystal: Sapphire crystal
Dial: White Dial Number Markers
Clasp: Tang Buckles, branded
$288

Gen Pics:
233.032.jpg

A-Lange-233-032-1815-40mm-6930-face_01.jpg

Here are the pics of the watch I received:

mRZ5rfDh.jpg

Txb6DAgh.jpg

EIMGKZFh.jpg

4hsBI8gh.jpg

IFv5IlPh.jpg

KhdDGlUh.jpg

LgGaOtch.jpg

fzTd9y5h.jpg

uMr9S7uh.jpg

Please let me know what you think. I can post a vid of the movement if you guys want.

OhmegaMan

Horology Curious
3/11/16
I like it. Looks really clean and crisp. May I know how much it cost you?

English Gent

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/7/14
Still can't understand why the keep getting the logo so wrong, the letter spacing is terrible (look at the SOH), and this seems to be on all the new ones that are at least getting the dimensions correct, how hard is it to get a logo from the web instead of trying to redo it...

(sorry to point it out, don't mean to threadcrap, but Ive been after a Saxonia etc for ages)

Shady2

Known Member
22/12/13
Great over all piece. I have been eying one for a long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miniatureone

Renowned Member
16/7/14
Still can't understand why the keep getting the logo so wrong, the letter spacing is terrible (look at the SOH), and this seems to be on all the new ones that are at least getting the dimensions correct, how hard is it to get a logo from the web instead of trying to redo it...

(sorry to point it out, don't mean to threadcrap, but Ive been after a Saxonia etc for ages)

I agree that it is pretty glaring. Partially I imagine that they just don't sell enough ALS watches to care about the detail like they do the big houses.

orlipide

Certified
19/3/14
thx for showing such a detailed pictures and for your review as well, I will get one as well, and still hoping for a decent copy of my favourite Lange 1 to be released..

BeeKay

Horology Curious
23/1/16
I like it. Looks really clean and crisp. May I know how much it cost you?

It says $288 in the description. I really love AL&S watches but it's frustrating that it is so hard to find a decent rep. Thats one of the nicest I've seen so far - congratulations!

repmonk

Horology Curious
16/12/16
Actual thickness measurements by any chance? Seems like all ALS reps I've seen are thicker than gen, and then also thicker than claimed.

Jefferey

Horology Curious
15/3/17
Where was this particular watch purchased? I really want to buy one similar!

Markohobben

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/7/17
compliments and thanks
i've seen also it in some trusted sellers.

i like it very much too, i'll consider in the near future!

SixDirtyDwarves

Horology Curious
24/7/17
Sigh. Was looking for a good Lange rep and it seems there’s no superclones available. Apart from the poor spacing in the logo, the biggest tell is the number font on the dial as well as incorrect spacing of the numbers. Take a look at the “7” on the Gen compared to the Rep - completely misaligned. Can’t understand why they can’t fix something so simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

For $70 there is no stubbed 6 but the text is closer :)
7e29a2fbb58ff64272067d698ef4f23f.heic

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

For a little extra the tourbillon blocks the entire 7!
afc9964371ae5df65f514918ba679d6c.png

Sent from the RWI App

angiracca

Known Member
29/7/15
I had also seen these reps, probably not great reps but good watch. Kuvarsit a TD on RWG reports 80 h power reserve for this movement.Case is 42 mm ?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

D

d4m.test

Case 42mm and auto-reserve is killer. I would need to measure but 2 days for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI