• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where does this part go?

spazthecat

22/11/12
So, in a fit of madness, I decided to tear down, clean and put a DG2813 back together. Partly because I was board and partly to just see how it is put together.

Unfortunately, I didn't take good enough pictures and I've got part that I have no idea where it goes. I've got the train side of the movement together. So, I'm hoping it doesn't go there....

Any ideas what this part is? Looks kind of like a hack lever on an ETA movement but from what I understand of the 2813, I don't think it serves that function.

Thanks,

Andy

IMG_0166_zpsx0p11ekm.jpg

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
So, in a fit of madness, I decided to tear down, clean and put a DG2813 back together. Partly because I was board and partly to just see how it is put together.

Unfortunately, I didn't take good enough pictures and I've got part that I have no idea where it goes. I've got the train side of the movement together. So, I'm hoping it doesn't go there....

Any ideas what this part is? Looks kind of like a hack lever on an ETA movement but from what I understand of the 2813, I don't think it serves that function.

Thanks,

Andy

IMG_0166_zpsx0p11ekm.jpg

eKss4CV.jpg

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Sorry , i do not

d.brocke

I'm Pretty Popular
@junbug5150 @Raddave
And this is what makes this Forum and being a part of it's community so enjoyable ( and educational )
I reached out to a member that I know has extensive knowledge of movements....and I received exactly what I needed withing minutes.
Thanks junbug5150 :flowers1:
https://warosu.org/fa/thread/7697976
Yeah..it's a cheap "throw away" $30.00 Chinese mvt...but enquiring minds want to know.
It seems some 3 or 4 parts unknowingly stuck to the cover plate over the keyless so whether or not it's going to work is still in the air.
( though armed with some educational resources, I'm gonna give it hell. )

Thanks again, guys.
1391044875642.jpg

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I am impressed by work like this. I wish my hands were steady enough and my eyes good enough to do things like this. My hat's off to you!

junbug5150

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
24/12/14
Getting the date disc back on was a bit tough.
Is there a trick to that ?

On ETA/Clones you have to push in the spring clip that keeps the DW in place along with a plate over the keyless works. Some have plates on both sides that requires them to be unscrewed. Can't say for DG4813s but I'd look for something like that.

d.brocke

I'm Pretty Popular
On ETA/Clones you have to push in the spring clip that keeps the DW in place along with a plate over the keyless works. Some have plates on both sides that requires them to be unscrewed. Can't say for DG4813s but I'd look for something like that.
Correct....and the DG4813 has that same little lever to push against the spring...but the recess that the date disc itself sets in isn't nearly as tall or with any top grove to "cradle" it.
There's a little half moon cut away on the outer edge of the keyless cover but there's no way to push that lever into the spring to "grab" it once the cover plate is on.
I found it to be quite a task...unlike the eta.
Thanks to the pics both you and @Raddave posted here I was able to save 30.00 :)
...but of course on hands experience is priceless, so........thanks again, guys .