• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New Spectre

chrisat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/24
Nice photos, but let's talk adress the elephant in the room. What's the width of the bracelet at the narrow end? Does it taper to 16mm like gen?
On all the photos and videos I have seen so far - including QC for my preorder - it seems not to taper enough. More like 21 to 19mm or so, and not 21 to 16mm like it should.

Reactions: Elliot Black

JMM17

15/1/24
Nice photos, but let's talk adress the elephant in the room. What's the width of the bracelet at the narrow end? Does it taper to 16mm like gen?
On all the photos and videos I have seen so far - including QC for my preorder - it seems not to taper enough. More like 21 to 19mm or so, and not 21 to 16mm like it should.
What? How did you came up with that number?
Seamaster 300 heritage 234.30.41.21.01.001 comes stock with bracelet 020stz000768, which tapers from 21mm to 18.5mm

But talking about elephant in the room... they've just slapped melted-poseidon-face-summer-blue caseback instead of display one, which should be on black model...

chrisat

23/3/24
To my knowledge, 768 is the bracelet from the old Seamaster 300. That bracelet reference is old and has been around for many years now, and the 2nd generation of the 300 definitely got a new bracelet with a stronger tapering compared to the old 300.

That poseidon on the watch is a surprise, yes. I thought that I had seen photos of the rep with a glass caseback, though.

thetechnomonkey

Supporter
Certified
9/12/18
UK
It has the open caseback on his video on the telegram channel. Worryingly the bezel looks goosed on the same video.

The Swiss made text looks too prominent on a lot of the images. I'm guessing its the difference in the crystal where it's magnifying the text a bit much compared to the gen.

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

-
25/9/22
VS is pumping alot of new models out but their quality/accuracy replication to gen is slipping for sure

I'd rather them release a few new watches a year and nail it than release all of this with errors

Reactions: thetechnomonkey

Litheo

23/4/19
Hi Chris, could you please share your QC if you have already accepted it?
Thanks

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Hi Chris, could you please share your QC if you have already accepted it?
Thanks
Unrelated, love your avatar. Grew up with Conan...