• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V6 what AP are you wearing today?

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
Prices in general for the older APs have all fallen post covid. None are spared and used ROOs of all kinds (even the newer 42 and 43mm )are selling below or around retail. The Royal Oaks do retain some premium but for how long is anyone's guess. The grey and used market Code 11.59 prices have tanked to ridiculous levels, though AP would never admit this. 🤣
But the newer APs remain pricey, you are right, and partly why I hold on to them... for now.
Each model will have its fair share of fans, but for me, the second @6 is what the ROO should have, its just a lot more refined to my eyes. My days of wearing the sec@12 ROOs are over I guess, but its still good to see wristshots of members sharing them. I hope that the sec@6 reps can be improved and I get to see more pictures of these watches being posted as well, just for diversity. I expect them to have the same usual flaws if they aren't going to replicate the 4404 caliber but the current 26238 reps can definitely be improved over the current releases.
Yes its ofc each to their own, on the ROOs I am old school and prefer the 44s, altho the quick change would have been great, but on the ROs I like the latest 15510 and the 50th anniversary ROC more than the previous models including the Jumbo which was always a bit on the small side for me. The two you have are right on point and the ROC is similar to my older model with the subdial rings, I would like to see a version with contrasting coloured subdials.

Reactions: legend

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
15891595134_943d96d6c7_c.jpg