• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V6 what AP are you wearing today?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
I was hoping you were gonna say ZF. That dial is just chef's kiss! :D
How much do those go for 15450 these days (in blue) or is the watch gen?
A stunning piece either way!
Imho the latest ZF dial is quite good (I haven't seen it in person though) considering the price of the blue gen dial which can be $5k or more. The other parts of my watch is from JF and were refinished by @legend (done for the previous owner).

andy_fin

Renowned Member
Certified
4/3/21
Europa
Imho the latest ZF dial is quite good (I haven't seen it in person though) considering the price of the blue gen dial which can be $5k or more. The other parts of my watch is from JF and were refinished by @legend (done for the previous owner).

Oh yeah these blue dials are quite nice but still so far from gen. Maybe they will simply never get it right. But what you have is so nice - too bad those JFs are no longer on sale.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Oh yeah these blue dials are quite nice but still so far from gen. Maybe they will simply never get it right. But what you have is so nice - too bad those JFs are no longer on sale.
Yep but these new clone movements are nice so we shouldn't be so sad. 😉

• Love
Reactions: andy_fin

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
KBwwkc.jpeg
i am a big fan of your way of life...
Beach watch, landscape etc ....
(y)(y)

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
Been offered a deal on my RG 44 for a gen Daytona Champagne dial Pikachu. Have to add a bit of cash. Would I be crazy?

32841595002_cc9a126f65_c.jpg

Reactions: C Master

cotti-rottie

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
1/4/23
uk
l would definitely be keeping your roo.....just buy a daytona if you have to scratch an itch :cool:

Reactions: aksingh

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Been offered a deal on my RG 44 for a gen Daytona Champagne dial Pikachu. Have to add a bit of cash. Would I be crazy?

32841595002_cc9a126f65_c.jpg
I don’t see the point of trading in something for another if you need to deliberate if it’s a good deal. If I were you I’ll just keep the ROO and get the Daytona (or anything else) if I like it. If you’re tired of something already though it’s a no brainer to trade it in for something more up to date/more your current preference.

But I’m a poor source of advice. I simply just buy what I like and end up with the problem of excess. That is also not ideal. Optimally speaking having a nice little rotation of say 4-6 watches is good enough and if you can adopt the “one in one out” policy I think it’s very healthy for your rotation and state of collection. Just my personal take. Balance is key.

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
I don’t see the point of trading in something for another if you need to deliberate if it’s a good deal. If I were you I’ll just keep the ROO and get the Daytona (or anything else) if I like it. If you’re tired of something already though it’s a no brainer to trade it in for something more up to date/more your current preference.

But I’m a poor source of advice. I simply just buy what I like and end up with the problem of excess. That is also not ideal. Optimally speaking having a nice little rotation of say 4-6 watches is good enough and if you can adopt the “one in one out” policy I think it’s very healthy for your rotation and state of collection. Just my personal take. Balance is key.
I do have a 1 in 1 out policy now as I've bought a few gens recently and was tempted by the Pikachu but after spending some quality time with the RG 44 and its fine finishing and feel, I will keep it and look at other ways if I want the Daytona, just wish that watch was a tad bigger.

34375969590_44d0d6b07b_c.jpg

32955083386_8e68d927aa_c.jpg

Panda

🐼
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
I do have a 1 in 1 out policy now as I've bought a few gens recently and was tempted by the Pikachu but after spending some quality time with the RG 44 and its fine finishing and feel, I will keep it and look at other ways if I want the Daytona, just wish that watch was a tad bigger.

34375969590_44d0d6b07b_c.jpg

32955083386_8e68d927aa_c.jpg

Good idea on the trade in IMO. The Gen secondary market is dead so they are not really investments anymore. Good call on keeping the ROO though.