• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Unrealistic expectations of forum members ( majority ) by a disillusioned replica buyer

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Hi everyone. I have been collecting these objects for 33 years, intensely until about ten years ago, then I "appeased" because, at that point, I thought I had achieved everything I was looking for. The first, in 1991, was a Submariner with a Miyota movement. The case and bracelet were made of chromed and nickel-plated brass. I threw it away because the watch case had become almost entirely yellow from the spilled brass. The movement was still perfect. Then the Swiss ETA replicas began and, to date, I can say that, in my humble opinion, they have been the best. But I only realize this now that I look at these timepieces from a different perspective. When the first SA3135s appeared on PT (I remember they were declared as: "FINAL PRODUCT"), i threw in the garbage or hastily exchanged for little money, all my divers and yachts with Swiss ETA 2836 and replaced them with SA3135 ones (if I went back...😂 ) ONLY AND SOLELY for the correct movement of the hands when rotating the crown. I didn't care about the movement aspect since it's not in sight. I hang out with people who regularly wear original watches and NONE of them have ever even remotely thought of questioning the authenticity of mine. They compliment me on how many I have... I've always loved chronographs, I had a 16523 built for me (at the time there were no sites for "Vietnam" pieces, it was the early 2000s) with many original parts (I always have wanted a 16520 with white dial but no satisfactory pieces were available) and a 6263 with Val.72. Then the new Daytona came out (year 2000) and I bought up a lot of A7750@6 and other mechanical chronographs, replicas of all brands (Pam, AP ROO, Omega, Breitling, Tag Heuer and so on...) by myself carefully selected according to the best correspondence with the originals, caseback absolutely included. I have several Chronomats, a couple of Tudors with Swiss Valjoux 7750 and an AP RO with Swiss ETA 2836. I'm going from memory because i have many and not here with me, having just moved house. I have always used them very little, maybe half never, alternating and moving them all every 3-4 months. This collection is the thing I care about most after my car. At the moment I think I would never sell anything. The standard I stopped at is SA3135. I believe SA4130 and SA3285 weren't even in the planning stages yet. Now I buy mid to high end replicas in mint condition on national sites or from my local brick-and-mortar retailer but, sadly, i've fallen in love with RMs and those have to be high quality. For the moment I have purchased two: an 11-03 A7750 and a hand-winding titanium Skull, never worn by the persons who sold them to me. I got them both in Europe at excellent prices from people who, perhaps due to a small detail that differed from the original ones, wanted to change them or i am been simply lucky. When watches of mine were surpassed by new "best editions" (good words with an excellent effect, i totally fell for it), i literally threw them away or exchanged them for very little just to have THE LATEST STANDARD, instead they sell them... But they were even different times. Among other things, now it bothers me to wait for the times of trusted Chinese sites, there is no longer triangulation due to Brexit, and I fear seizures with various inconveniences. After having annoyed you (I sincerely apologize) with my story, and to return to the topic, in my modest and laughable thought, Asians should be used as little as possible only when you need a luxury watch on your wrist (beautiful girls, VIP locations, adventure companions who have genuine ones...). Warm greetings from Italy from one of your fans and recently proud new forum member.

With the utmost reverence and deference, I hereby relinquish the symbolic emblem of sovereignty, the crown, to your esteemed personage, acknowledging your rightful ascendancy and authority.

KCCek3.png

Vineetd23

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
13/12/21
Los Angeles, CA
I think we all should appreciate what @Ralphista shared with us, his interesting watch journey, instead of bashing him for not creating paragraphs more properly. I know it can be fun to go all gagga on this, but I think we need to stop now.
Seriously.
Seriously we should stop giving him a hard time punctuation and grammar are seriously overrated I mean what really means anything these days people write using emojis and you can pick whatever pronouns you would like to be called regardless of how confusing reading an article about a singular person is when they go by they or them I mean one person two people three people doesn’t really matter or make sense anymore of someone wants to run on and just write and punctuation paragraph breaks be damned absolutely more power to him or her or they or them as long as they are enlightening us with their rep journey we should all just wade through and try and figure it out.

Ralphista

Known Member
17/3/24
Seriously, if he joins in the craic with us, he'll soon become one of us, we all got bashed in one way or another when we first joined, and those of us who joined in the fun stayed around and learned stratospheric information from the regular guys on here ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Dave2302

DarioM6611

‘Good fences make good neighbors.’
Supporter
6/8/23
Italy
riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore to bend
of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to
Howth Castle and Environs.

Sir Tristram, violer d'amores, fr'over the short sea, had passen-
core rearrived from North Armorica on this side the scraggy
isthmus of Europe Minor to wielderfight his penisolate war: nor
had topsawyer's rocks by the stream Oconee exaggerated themselse
to Laurens County's gorgios while they went doublin their mumper
all the time: nor avoice from afire bellowsed mishe mishe to
tauftauf thuartpeatrick: not yet, though venissoon after, had a
kidscad buttended a bland old isaac: not yet, though all's fair in
vanessy, were sosie sesthers wroth with twone nathandjoe. Rot a
peck of pa's malt had Jhem or Shen brewed by arclight and rory
end to the regginbrow was to be seen ringsome on the aquaface.

The fall (bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntqnner-
ronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthur-
nuk!) of a once wallstrait oldparr is retaled early in bed and later
on life down through all christian minstrelsy. The great fall of the
offwall entailed at such short notice the pftjschute of Finnegan,
erse solid man, that the humptyhillhead of humself prumptly sends
an unquiring one well to the west in quest of his tumptytumtoes:
and their upturapikepointandplace is at the knock out in the park
where oranges have been laid to rust upon the green since dev-
linsfirst loved livvy.

What clashes here of wills gen wonts, oystrygods gaggin fishy-
gods! Brekkek Kekkek Kekkek Kekkek! Koax Koax Koax! Ualu
Ualu Ualu! Quaouauh! Where the Baddelaries partisans are still
out to mathmaster Malachus Micgranes and the Verdons cata-
pelting the camibalistics out of the Whoyteboyce of Hoodie
Head. Assiegates and boomeringstroms. Sod's brood, be me fear!
Sanglorians, save! Arms apeal with larms, appalling. Killykill-
killy: a toll, a toll. What chance cuddleys, what cashels aired
and ventilated! What bidimetoloves sinduced by what tegotetab-
solvers! What true feeling for their's hayair with what strawng
voice of false jiccup! O here here how both sprowled met the
duskt the father of fornicationists but, (O my shining stars and
body!) how hath fanespanned most high heaven the skysign of
soft advertisement! But was iz? Iseut? Ere were sewers.^ The oaks
of aid now they lie in peat yet elms leap where askes lay. Phall if
you but will, rise you must: and none so soon either shall the
pharce for the nunce come to a setdown secular phoenish

• Love

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore to bend
of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to
Howth Castle and Environs.

Sir Tristram, violer d'amores, fr'over the short sea, had passen-
core rearrived from North Armorica on this side the scraggy
isthmus of Europe Minor to wielderfight his penisolate war: nor
had topsawyer's rocks by the stream Oconee exaggerated themselse
to Laurens County's gorgios while they went doublin their mumper
all the time: nor avoice from afire bellowsed mishe mishe to
tauftauf thuartpeatrick: not yet, though venissoon after, had a
kidscad buttended a bland old isaac: not yet, though all's fair in
vanessy, were sosie sesthers wroth with twone nathandjoe. Rot a
peck of pa's malt had Jhem or Shen brewed by arclight and rory
end to the regginbrow was to be seen ringsome on the aquaface.

The fall (bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntqnner-
ronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthur-
nuk!) of a once wallstrait oldparr is retaled early in bed and later
on life down through all christian minstrelsy. The great fall of the
offwall entailed at such short notice the pftjschute of Finnegan,
erse solid man, that the humptyhillhead of humself prumptly sends
an unquiring one well to the west in quest of his tumptytumtoes:
and their upturapikepointandplace is at the knock out in the park
where oranges have been laid to rust upon the green since dev-
linsfirst loved livvy.

What clashes here of wills gen wonts, oystrygods gaggin fishy-
gods! Brekkek Kekkek Kekkek Kekkek! Koax Koax Koax! Ualu
Ualu Ualu! Quaouauh! Where the Baddelaries partisans are still
out to mathmaster Malachus Micgranes and the Verdons cata-
pelting the camibalistics out of the Whoyteboyce of Hoodie
Head. Assiegates and boomeringstroms. Sod's brood, be me fear!
Sanglorians, save! Arms apeal with larms, appalling. Killykill-
killy: a toll, a toll. What chance cuddleys, what cashels aired
and ventilated! What bidimetoloves sinduced by what tegotetab-
solvers! What true feeling for their's hayair with what strawng
voice of false jiccup! O here here how both sprowled met the
duskt the father of fornicationists but, (O my shining stars and
body!) how hath fanespanned most high heaven the skysign of
soft advertisement! But was iz? Iseut? Ere were sewers.^ The oaks
of aid now they lie in peat yet elms leap where askes lay. Phall if
you but will, rise you must: and none so soon either shall the
pharce for the nunce come to a setdown secular phoenish

@Feefo, can you take your fellow Italian back please?

• Haha

Ralphista

Known Member
17/3/24
Hi everyone. Let me start by saying that i write (in Italian of course) by profession. I deduce from all this that punctuation (in English grammar) especially for short phrases inserted ( with parenthetical function ) in a construct syntactically independent …must be applied differently than in Italian grammar. And I can only apologize for this. Furthermore - even though I think I have a sufficient/decent knowledge of the English language - i often (for reasons of time) use a translator. That is i translate my posts from Italian language . I thank you from the bottom of my heart @Hesekiel . Unfortunately this beautiful forum does not give me the opportunity to delete/edit a post once it has been inserted. For convenience i have the automatic translation mode always active on Chrome and sometimes i accidentally publish a thread in Italian and therefore have to rewrite it in English language. In the case of the post in object - even though i had made sure that I had deactivated automatic translation - it did not show me as published after several resets of the page. So i thought i had done something wrong and it wouldn't be shown . So i rewrote it. Now let me bother the administrators for a moment to ask them to remove the duplicate. Thank you. Good continuation.

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I'm just happy :) .....

Sleepy and Dopey went down the juicer and came back pissed, (yes, we have "those" relatives staying for the week atm), you know, the ones every family has ...........

They are way more fun when they're pissed up ;)

Reactions: DarioM6611

DarioM6611

‘Good fences make good neighbors.’
Supporter
6/8/23
Italy
I only want to say that of course, my post was only an attempt to lighten the discussion. And of course it's not my work. It's James Joyce's Finnegan's Wake. Being said that, I love this place every day more. Thanks to @Ralphista for is great sense of humor, you will be an appreciate member. Thanks also to @Hesekiel for your good heart. And finally, thanks to Dave, K74, eBoy, because yours where friendly banters, and it's wonderful when we can enjoy and laugh together.
Viva RWI and all the members!