• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Definitive Franken Seamaster Professional Thread

warcelo

Known Member
15/9/10
Hey gyus!

I bought gen hands for my omega chronograph and the minute hands did not fit.... it spins around and i could only use the rep hand. The hour hand is fine.
I bought it from ofrei: SKU - HAN-4034
Now i want to fix that and buy the subdials hands, but i wanna be sure that they will fit.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!!!

chickenflex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/13
Decided to post in this thread instead of making a new one.

Do you think it's a stupid idea of making a franken Omega Seamaster 300m - quartz? I love the model and the idea of having something that I can just slap on my wrists every day is a nice one.

I haven't done enough research to know what base model I would start with (need a good case and a decent bracelet) but I would swap out the 21j movement for a ETA quartz, gen dial, bezel, crown (if possible, need more research), hands and crystal.

I'm not located in the US so buying a used Seamaster is the lesser option. How good are the rep cases compared to the original (I guess I can answer that by doing more research!)

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Decided to post in this thread instead of making a new one.

Do you think it's a stupid idea of making a franken Omega Seamaster 300m - quartz? I love the model and the idea of having something that I can just slap on my wrists every day is a nice one.

I haven't done enough research to know what base model I would start with (need a good case and a decent bracelet) but I would swap out the 21j movement for a ETA quartz, gen dial, bezel, crown (if possible, need more research), hands and crystal.

I'm not located in the US so buying a used Seamaster is the lesser option. How good are the rep cases compared to the original (I guess I can answer that by doing more research!)

There's one made and on the list on the first post.

IDK did a great one.

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=185161

chickenflex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/13
Thank you. Are all the rep 300m based on the same case? Truetime has a bond 300m for 100$ which is cheap enough to start a build..

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Thank you. Are all the rep 300m based on the same case? Truetime has a bond 300m for 100$ which is cheap enough to start a build..

Nope. Not all are based on the same. As you can see IDK's base is a WBK SMP 300m (WBK is a trusted seller here). Mine is based on a 2006 Gunbarrel Edition SMP 300. Nowadays, there's not really many bases to choose from. Most have the Helium Escape Valve on the wrong position, like mine and that doesn't bother me. I suggest you to go to the first post on this thread, and read up on the proud owners list and their build threads. (Mine is there). :)

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Thank you for this thread, very helpful ! :megusta:

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Most of the links restored.

Enjoy the reading!

Chronofighter

10/9/10
I am writing since day with intime about his one: http://www.intime.co/omega/1704-pla...l-ti-bp-1-1-best-edition-on-rubber-a7750.html

Description says, that the minute and hour counter of the chrono are without function and I wonder if i would be possible to get at least the minute counter working and resetting. The built-in A7750 should be able to drive and reset the minute counter - it just cannot drive two hands one one subdial. The non-working minute counter for me is a shop-stopper - I do not mind that the hour counter is not working. Does anybody have an idea how to get the minute counter working (counting and resetting)? If someone has - I would buy this 'burner' immediately.

Mckhenry1

Horology Curious
12/4/16
Anyone know anything about making these watches legitimately water resistant?