• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The connected workout?

RDRoss

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
Hey folks,
I was curious to know if there are any gym / health club managers or owners here. I am looking to find out what types of technology you are see, implementing and hearing demand for in your environment.

There seems to be an enormous demand for connected workouts I.e data from the equipment (bikes, rowers, hamster wheels etc) and your smart devices. I also know there is a demand to connect smart devices to share / use cont ent wihle working out.

Just curious to know what people are seeing out there.

Thanks in advance

RD

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
The gym i go to has this kind of connected equipment, even on weightlifting machines. I don't remember the brand. I will take a few pics next time.

It's supposed to either log your rep/series automatically, or identify the machine for a manual log.

Personally, I am old school. No electronics, no music, not even a watch.

Reactions: RDRoss

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
The gym i go to has this kind of connected equipment, even on weightlifting machines. I don't remember the brand. I will take a few pics next time.

It's supposed to either log your rep/series automatically, or identify the machine for a manual log.

Personally, I am old school. No electronics, no music, not even a watch.
Technogym does this.

Reactions: RDRoss and Karbon74

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
tommy wiseau mark GIF by The Room

RDRoss

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
Thanks @Karbon74, I am doing a business analysis for a company and was curious as to what people demand / expect / is already in place from thr tech point of view.

Trish Rashford

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/1/24
Thanks @Karbon74, I am doing a business analysis for a company and was curious as to what people demand / expect / is already in place from thr tech point of view.
I take spinning classes once a week. Classes usually have 10 to 30 students depending on the day/time, with each bike connected to several screens displayed in the front of the class via bluetooth and transmitting live metrics (most importantly total Watts). It acts as kind of a leaderboard where you are essentially competing against others in your class in real time. It gets pretty competitive, which is a great motivator.

You then get an email after each class with your stats, where you can see a curve of how well you did versus previous classes (history of up to 20 classes). The data is pretty granular, you can even see how well you perform for your age group, gender, etc.

Reactions: RDRoss