• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Snoopy Moonswatch?

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
If it’s half decent, I will probably wear it stock.

if they are crappy, well my kid is invited to a lot of school comrades birthdays 😂

tiresmoke

8/4/06
If it’s half decent, I will probably wear it stock.

if they are crappy, well my kid is invited to a lot of school comrades birthdays 😂

I have a gen Pluto (I'm actually wearing it right now coincidentally), but I refuse to stand in line or pay flipper prices for a Swatch so unless I can find a gen at regular price, a rep in the only way to go.

I have a gen Swatch X Blancpain Ocean of Storms as well as a rep automatic Arctic. The rep is way better than I expected it to be. The rep Moonswatch was so bad that I was highly disappointed, and now I'm scared off by them.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I have a gen Pluto (I'm actually wearing it right now coincidentally), but I refuse to stand in line or pay flipper prices for a Swatch so unless I can find a gen at regular price, a rep in the only way to go.

I have a gen Swatch X Blancpain Ocean of Storms as well as a rep automatic Arctic. The rep is way better than I expected it to be. The rep Moonswatch was so bad that I was highly disappointed, and now I'm scared off by them.
Which one did you buy? Do you have the link? I want to see it now 😂

tiresmoke

8/4/06
Which one did you buy? Do you have the link? I want to see it now 😂

I could probably dig up the link if I hunted around, but unfortunately, IIRC, they used a stock photo of the gen in the listing so that would be of zero use to you. It was on DHGate and from the same vendor that sold the Fifty Fathoms rep.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I have now tried 5 different vendors
the only serious and stable quality one is W77. With the others it has been hit or miss.

For the quality, I agree with you. The plastic is inferior to gen by far, same for the strap.

The snoopy white in gen, I would buy at retail price…the others, not so much.

what’s crazy is that with a 30€ metal case, they are so much better.

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Nice one Karbon, just picked up the white one. See what happens

Kl1jOJ.jpeg

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
the only serious and stable quality one is W77. With the others it has been hit or miss.

For the quality, I agree with you. The plastic is inferior to gen by far, same for the strap.

You bought 5 white snoopy reps?

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Mines already been dispatched. Watches_77 is brilliant to be fair

Reactions: Karbon74

qjai89

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/1/24

Which vendors you use outside of watch_77? Ordered some from different vendors myself and one arrived but pretty shitty

Reactions: Got20Mate

tiresmoke

8/4/06
My white Snoopy was delivered today. It was bought on DHGate but not from the same vendor as mentioned above... although, I suspect that there aren't a lot of sources of this model this early. It's kinda meh. The case is definitely plastic... maybe "too" plastic. The crystal appears to be acrylic and has the little "S" in the middle like the gen. The dial isn't terrible, but the Snoopy sundial is pretty poor. The printing sucks, the color is more white than the rest of the dial (which has a warmer tone), it doesn't have the UV wording printed, and as far as I can tell is not a functional moon phase. The strap is the usual crappy one with poor printing. The gen strap isn't great, but it's better than this.

I'd post pics, but TBH it's not really worth the trouble. I think you get the point from my description. I'm guessing I will just pass this on to my kid and keep an eye out for a gen at RRP. I'm officially giving up on "Swatch X" reps. The delta in price versus gen compared to the delta in quality is just not worthwhile to me.

tiresmoke

8/4/06
Can you name the vendor?
uk008 Store on DHgate, but there is probably very few manufacturers at this point. Compared to my last moonswatch rep, this one is a massive improvement. Compared to gen, not so much.

The acrylic crystal is already scratching... so in that way, it's identical to a gen. :-D

• Haha
Reactions: Karbon74

qjai89

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/1/24
uk008 Store on DHgate, but there is probably very few manufacturers at this point. Compared to my last moonswatch rep, this one is a massive improvement. Compared to gen, not so much.

The acrylic crystal is already scratching... so in that way, it's identical to a gen. :-D
Dammit. I ordered from uk008 as well since it was one of the first who had it.

• Sad
Reactions: kiasunkiasi