• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Blue: A comprehensive comparison of GEN, VS, OR, ZF and AG

Marbe78

29/9/20
Spain
I'm interested in the green model, I think I'm going to Zf with rubber.
Can anyone advise me on this model in green?

Route66

24/4/21
@Marbe78 I have it on bracelet since few months and I love it.
It features a lighter shade of green than gen though. Or maybe it's just a feeling of mine? 👀
At least, the rubber strap I have sourced from AliX matches the color quite well.

Snooky

Came for the reps, stayed for the banter!
Supporter
23/11/23
UK
I’m patiently waiting for mine after reading this detailed comparison :D

Smurf_Time

Horology Curious
3/1/23
USA
Has anyone been able to review or purchase the VSF 300M V2 with the 2836-2 and updated clasp/bracelet? I've been strictly looking at ZF's, but something other than the 2824 movement has me intruiged...Then again, I know nothing about the 2836-2 either...It could be a version of 2824. I haven't looked into it yet.

Any insight here?

Reactions: Got20Mate

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Has anyone been able to review or purchase the VSF 300M V2 with the 2836-2 and updated clasp/bracelet? I've been strictly looking at ZF's, but something other than the 2824 movement has me intruiged...Then again, I know nothing about the 2836-2 either...It could be a version of 2824. I haven't looked into it yet.

Any insight here?
I saw this too, intrigued to see a first hand review.

Reactions: Smurf_Time

atadams77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
28/9/23
great comparison. I own the VSF and I have no complaints.

en_nissen

Horology Curious
13/5/21
It seems the consensus is that ZF is the version to get currently.

How's the AR on the crystal on the ZF?

I used to own an ORF, but I wasn't really impressed with the AR at all. Otherwise a fine watch, although the bracelet was ever so slightly sharp.

Mezzos

1/9/23
I received my ZF Seamaster yesterday.

For me it’s perfect. My only minor complaint would be that the bracelet is a little sharp on the edges. Maybe that’s something to work on or go with the rubber.

Rotor noise is only noticeable in a silent room and when you shake your arm 🤷🏻‍♂️.

tuneslockets

Looking Around
4/2/24
newbie here. thanks op for a detailed comp. I presume VS, OR, ZF are different factories that produce replicas? I am interested in the OMEGA Seamaster 300m Co-Axial Master Chronometer Men’s Watch. Do particular factories tend to be better across the board or is it specific to a particular watch? TIA

OMEGA Seamaster 300m Co-Axial Master Chronometer Men’s Watch

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
Very nice review.
Anyone waterproof and go swimming with your seamasters?

pbk31

Horology Curious
15/1/24
je vous remercie pour votre travail acharné. il y a une certaine unanimité sur la version ZF. est-ce également vrai pour la version Seamaster 300 James Bond 60e anniversaire ?

ksaander

Supporter
29/4/10
EU
One of the greatest recent reviews, nicely done. My grail. My first rep was Mary SMP300 with aluminum bezel and correct HE valve position. Sadly I was reckless with it, damaged and eventually lost it, then just moved on. Now miss it so much. I see it is of course no longer available, a pity only 5 digits Rolex are popular to produce nowadays. Also MKS (or MKF) V4 with closed caseback is not available too. Love close casebacks not only for being closer to gen, but also ability to simply swap movement if something goes wrong, like a2824 or similar. Probably will buy all blue ZF though, its a stunner for sure.