• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

police raid in china

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
One for the homeboys...
KabLRc.jpeg

tomriddle

Renowned Member
25/6/07
Clean got hit.. I missed the entire pre-raid VSF thing

what do these mean? all inventories/pitems are wiped out/collected/etc from the factory? :eek:

Reactions: Dave2302

Jimbothegreat

Known Member
Patron
Certified
30/12/23
I spoke with a friend in China about 8 hours ago, decided to call him as he wasn’t replying to texts which was weird because it wasn’t like him. He told me his sister was at a factory during a raid and he had to pay 100,000 RMB to get her out of jail. Adding to injury they took all the watches as well.
Another friend told me March is going to be intense due to raids and there may be delays. Maybe it’s happening…

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
Crap, I better rethink ordering soon then because I want a Clean watch. Talk about patience being a virtue in this hobby.

• Love
Reactions: Dave2302

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Before we get into a state of frenzied buying and panic, remeber : this too shall pass....

GF closed, people cried about the loss of Breitling and Santos, they came back 6 months later as GOF and are still strong
VSF closed and came back....
Noob closed but better factories took it's place....

Take a deep breath and enjoy, no need to panic buy, especially if it's a Rolex model

Jimbothegreat

Known Member
Patron
Certified
30/12/23
Before we get into a state of frenzied buying and panic, remeber : this too shall pass....

GF closed, people cried about the loss of Breitling and Santos, they came back 6 months later as GOF and are still strong
VSF closed and came back....
Noob closed but better factories took it's place....

Take a deep breath and enjoy, no need to panic buy, especially if it's a Rolex model

They just reopen at a different address eventually.

Reactions: Dave2302 and SubNot

t.m.m

Known Member
Certified
10/11/23
Nuremberg, Germany
I spoke with a friend in China about 8 hours ago, decided to call him as he wasn’t replying to texts which was weird because it wasn’t like him. He told me his sister was at a factory during a raid and he had to pay 100,000 RMB to get her out of jail. Adding to injury they took all the watches as well.
Another friend told me March is going to be intense due to raids and there may be delays. Maybe it’s happening…
Quite a lot of money...

tomriddle

Renowned Member
25/6/07
you know what's funny.. i literally just placed an order for.. "other" items the past few days

and well out of curiosity i did talk to the seller/contact person who is in china as well, Guangzhou specifically which is like the homebase of reps anyways, it seems it's not just Clean or the factories.. WAREHOUSES got hit as well!!

i wonder how far reaching the effect of these raids will be.. VSF? ARF? Clean got wiped out already.. who else?! what next?!

.......price hikes incoming for sure and inventory control depending on when things get back up and running but it's not just watches.. across the board raids are going on

crazy

this is crazy!!! :eek:

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
Was really hoping for a black dial clean op41 to put bow on the collection for awhile. Life goes on

Reactions: Dave2302 and Reaps

tomriddle

Renowned Member
25/6/07
King and VSF still fine

RIP to all the Daytona 126500s

I'm more mad that development of the Le Mans is probably setback a few months or more

at this point i think all the TD's are contacting their suppliers and everything right now..

Clean got hit already.. who next

warehouses being targeted too..

who next

this pool going deep if China cracking down and handing out fines.. their economy needs the $ so it makes sense to go after them and raid them in this way.. :eek:

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Only a handful have not returned...noob, h-factory, jf, etc. Most come back after laying low and setting up a new assembly shop. Makes me glad I got my clean GMT last month.

KruisingKhaos95

Chairman of Daytonas Anonymous (got any?)
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Spion Kop - The Scouse Republic
Not the news I wanted to see today. I've put in 2 separate orders with my dealer (one pre-CNY and one just 2 days ago) containing a mix of Clean Daytonas I wanted to add to my collection (due to the big discounts on offer) and BTF Daytonas for builds lined up. Fingers crossed they aren't affected 😬