• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New QF Daydate Release (Heavy)

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Very interesting! I had a heavy GMF DD and sooner or later i will get one again. It really makes a difference on the wrist.

Jimbothegreat

Known Member
Patron
Certified
30/12/23
Very interesting! I had a heavy GMF DD and sooner or later i will get one again. It really makes a difference on the wrist.
It definitely does and the weight feels good on the wrist. I recently ordered a GMF DD with further gold plating but I need to see what the QF looks like before I get it.

Reactions: Itto

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
I hope they get the gold color right. GMF is really good in that regard.

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
im definitely a fan of the Day-Date I just wish they still repped the older,classic models such as those from 2000 or so

Reactions: TerryRobot

TerryRobot

Known Member
13/9/15
im definitely a fan of the Day-Date I just wish they still repped the older,classic models such as those from 2000 or so
Me too! The 36mm pre day date 2 release is the sweet spot for me more believable and a little more understated if white gold models shame they can’t add any weight to the bracelet though as that’s the main bulk of the weight on the gen’s and feel nice on the wrist. Now that reps are that much better in quality the older models are more desirable such as 2000era and more available in the gen market. Shame the my can’t add weight to the bracelet aswell to even it out

Mikie C

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
27/2/24
You could add 30-40gms of gold to the bracelet.

TimedWatcher

20/4/19
There is a version of AR Factory out that should be 193grams. I wonder what the quality overall would be like GMF vs Q vs AR. Weight wise it seems AR wins the battle for now. However, I am not sure if the weight is spread between case and bracelet for all these 3 versions.

Guiltycat

Supporter
Certified
31/8/22
There is a version of AR Factory out that should be 193grams. I wonder what the quality overall would be like GMF vs Q vs AR. Weight wise it seems AR wins the battle for now. However, I am not sure if the weight is spread between case and bracelet for all these 3 versions.
ARF uses VR3255 movement which is lighter than a2836 movement.
ARF with VR3255 is 186-190g
Gmf with VR3255 is 168g.
Gmf with a2836 is 178g
I haven’t seen any real photos of QF so I don’t know

Reactions: TimedWatcher

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
In terms of needing repairs, I assume,and my guess is that the advantage of the 2836 is that it might be more easily repaired and parts might be more available for it Is this also true for movements like the VR3255?

Guiltycat

Supporter
Certified
31/8/22
In terms of needing repairs, I assume,and my guess is that the advantage of the 2836 is that it might be more easily repaired and parts might be more available for it Is this also true for movements like the VR3255?
Vr3255 is a pretty new movement so it’ll be hard to get parts, you might be able to source a new movement from dealers though

TimedWatcher

20/4/19
It's hard to decide between the 3, ARF weighing the heaviest but bad clasp apparently. GMF has a bad bezel and case/lugs are also better on ARF it seems. QF seems to have better bezel from these videos, not as sharp I suppose? Any other opinions on these 3?

WatchKnob

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Supporting Vendor
10/6/13
USA
deff want to get one of these. The diamonds look like theres something funky going on with them in that one tho.