• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

looking to order a Datejust

tappa

Looking Around
6/2/24
Hey guys, I am looking to oder a 41mm Datejust.. any advice for myself?

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
23/2/23
Canada
Here is a whole page full of the TD's here that you can order a DJ 41 from. As for advice, do some research on here before you order a watch. There are a bunch of sticky threads to read.

Reactions: TESLA760

JSL121

Gold Patron
Certified
1/12/23
My advice:

1) Only order from a trusted RWI TD.
2) VSF and Clean factories are the way to go. (There are Pros/Cons of each, no perfect answer)
3) If you go 2-tone, get it plated.
4) If you want to upgrade, get a WG plated bezel (either flandad plate your stock bezel or buy xing WG plated bezel).
5) Get the watch you like bc 99.9% of people won't notice the watch you are wearing, much less question it's authenticity.

Bloody9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
26/1/24
US
2) VSF and Clean factories are the way to go. (There are Pros/Cons of each, no perfect answer)
3) If you go 2-tone, get it plated.
Who are the options to do plating? There is only one guy I know of in the US and he has mixed reviews.

Also, are most people choosing the VSF movement or the CF case? Is there a consensus on RWI or no?

Do you know why the VSF movement is considered superior? For example, is it a 1:1 clone that you can interchange genuine parts on it?

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
23/2/23
Canada
Here is a link showing the different factories compared to a gen DJ41

Here is a link showing the movements in Rolex rep watches

@Bloody9 all this information is easily located on here if you take the time to search. You have been here for over a month and should know by now how to navigate the site.

Edit: member being a dick (post 6) so he will not get any help from me again.

Last edited:

Bloody9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
26/1/24
US
@Bloody9 all this information is easily located on here if you take the time to search. You have been here for over a month and should know by now how to navigate the site.
@asusundevils1971
Will Do Donald Duck GIF