• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this acceptable alignment of 12 marker?

68snoopy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
24/2/24
The watch looks perfect to me. When I look at QC photos, it is a go if I don't detect anything obviously with my own eyes. Even gen watches have tiny imperfections.

Reactions: pompompurin

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Because this is the flame free zone, I won't say what I think of the OP. Instead, I am just going to throw out some randomly generated letters in a randomly generated order: U N T C

Tunc? Nuct? Nutc? Tnuc? Cu.... Ahhh 😆

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

Reactions: Vic97

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Corrected it for you.

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

Increased the prices... And Feefo's and my blood pressure.

For it to increase the rep quality, the factories would need to give a flying truck. Which they don't. Don't be delusional.

We Western enthusiast buyers with our unrealistic expectations and silly alignment tools are a sideshow for them. A little extra income... 99% of buyers couldn't care less about 0.0001mm supposed "misalignments"....

kevinbonds

9/8/23
Florida
Corrected it for you.
We can agree to disagree, but from my experience the quality of replicas over the last few years has improved immensely. This results in a better overall quality and value. What's the point of buying a replica watch, if the thing breaks, or the movement stops working shortly after purchase? The prices may have increased, but it's not only due to a more discriminating buyer, but raw costs have also gone up, and so has shipping and logistics costs.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
We can agree to disagree, but from my experience the quality of replicas over the last few years has improved immensely.

You are (on purpose, in order to distract?) distorting / confusing the context of @Feefo's statement. Nobody here is doubting that rep's haven't improved in quality...

We are just saying that the Reddit alignment tool didn't have anything to do with those quality improvements.

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Lol to all the above.

Thanks all, this was the reality check I needed.

And noted about the alignment tool... Why the hate for it on here?!
Haters gonna hate man. Where did you get it?

kevinbonds

9/8/23
Florida
You are (on purpose, in order to distract?) distorting / confusing the context of @Feefo's statement. Nobody here is doubting that rep's haven't improved in quality...

We are just saying that the Reddit alignment tool didn't have anything to do with those quality improvements.
Agreed.

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
DE
We can agree to disagree, but from my experience the quality of replicas over the last few years has improved immensely. This results in a better overall quality and value. What's the point of buying a replica watch, if the thing breaks, or the movement stops working shortly after purchase? The prices may have increased, but it's not only due to a more discriminating buyer, but raw costs have also gone up, and so has shipping and logistics costs.
The quality improved, the movement can last for longer or DoA has nothing to do with the watch alignment carp. It has something to do with the preraid Noob Daytona and the invention of the super clone DD4130. These 2 things raised the bar to a new high.

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
And noted about the alignment tool... Why the hate for it on here?!
The source image is not very precise in the first place which makes the QC tool redundant.

In order for the tool to be "usable", the watch must be dead flat on a dead flat surface when the picture was taken by the camera, while the camera needs to be centered onto the dial and adjusted to be perfectly parallel with the watch dial. These conditions are unlikely to be met when TDs need to take a volume of photos everyday. And even if these conditions are met, the camera biases (e.g., camera angle, lens distortion, aperture, etc,) can distort the picture as well.

Without a perfectly calibrated setup, that QC tool is redundant to me. Seriously misaligned markers can be seen with the naked eye and do not need that QC tool anyways.

Also, even genuine Rolex do not have perfect tolerance. Some tolerance on a genuine Rolex can be worse than a replica watch (e.g., misaligned cyclops and dial).