• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this acceptable alignment of 12 marker?

rolladyce

Horology Curious
6/10/23

Clean Factory 36mm Explorer from Hont. The markers have generally looked good in photos I've seen of others, but can't help but think that the 12 marker on mine is angling slightly towards the left at the bottom. Is this too small a thing to be noticed in person?

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
23/2/23
Canada
The picture is taken with the watch on an angle and there is nothing wrong with the alignment. Would give it a big GL and enjoy the watch when it arrives in 2 - 4 weeks.

On a side note... the members here really do love the Reddit alignment tool and should be used a lot more here.

My last sentence is full fabrication of lies and in no terms represent RWI and it's members.

rolladyce

Horology Curious
6/10/23
The picture is taken with the watch on an angle and there is nothing wrong with the alignment. Would give it a big GL and enjoy the watch when it arrives in 2 - 4 weeks.

On a side note... the members here really do love the Reddit alignment tool and should be used a lot more here.

My last sentence is full fabrication of lies and in no terms represent RWI and it's members.
I thought that might be why at first too but stopping video at a shot straight on, you can see there's more black space at the top right, and the bottom corner is to the left of the centre:

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
No, it's not acceptable.

I reported it to the International Replica Alignment Association (IRAA) in Azerbaijan.

The TD will soon receive a letter of reprimand for even just thinking of suggesting such a hideous travesty of a 12 hr marker in QC and it will also tell them how angry the IRAA is. The factory will receive a package containing a huge turd wrapped in golden foil with a sarcastic banner attached to it saying "IRAA misalignment award 2024".

domiffm

buffalo is sick
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Oh wait, we're in the FFZ? 🙈

Yes, it's not only acceptable. It is even acceptable for a genuine Rolex. Look up the Swiss watch industry's "30cm rule".

You can't expect better alignment in a $200-500 counterfeit product than in an original product ten or twenty times the price.

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪
Oh wait, we're in the FFZ? 🙈

Yes, it's not only acceptable. It is even acceptable for a genuine Rolex. Look up the Swiss watch industry's "30cm rule".

You can't expect better alignment in a $200-500 counterfeit product than in an original product ten or twenty times the price.
Not so much a flame, just my zippo lighter.

Deep

You're Saying I Can Buy?
Supporter
Certified
9/7/23
And noted about the alignment tool... Why the hate for it on here?!
@MaximillianGT and @eBoy both summed it up perfectly above, I would also like to add my own thoughts to their replies.

Have you purchased any gens? Did you use the alignment "tool" on their dials? If yes, fair play to being consistent; I can't relate.

Otherwise, Chinese replicas are being held to a higher standard than their original Swiss counterparts? Doesn't make sense.

rolladyce

Horology Curious
6/10/23
Good points. I won't go near it again and may even spread the good word amongst the other reddit urchins.

In my partial defence, the alignment tool didn't actually have anything to do with the misalignment I was asking about on this occasion - it just happened to be the photo I had to hand that best showed the dial straight on rather than at an angle. If anything I think it's more obvious without the alignment tool, and it stood out to me before I added those lines. But I'm glad to take your advice that it won't be noticeable on wrist and that I'm expecting too much from a rep.

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪
Good points. I won't go near it again and may even spread the good word amongst the other reddit urchins.

In my partial defence, the alignment tool didn't actually have anything to do with the misalignment I was asking about on this occasion - it just happened to be the photo I had to hand that best showed the dial straight on rather than at an angle. If anything I think it's more obvious without the alignment tool, and it stood out to me before I added those lines. But I'm glad to take your advice that it won't be noticeable on wrist and that I'm expecting too much from a rep.
The point is: the photo you put on that tool, is usually 10x or even 20x. Under that kind of magnified image, almost no watch is perfect incl. gens, and certainly has nothing to do with the TD who sells you the watch. Chances are if you RL that watch, the next one will still be suffered from the same flaw since it is factory-made. Not to mention that the more QC photos, the more you will pay for a rep in the foreseeable future since tools like this increase the workload of the TDs for nothing and it won't help to improve anything. You will still get the same rep, just more expensive.

Reactions: eBoy and Deep

kevinbonds

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/8/23
Florida
I think the alignment tool has value just for some basic peace of mind. However, I think the fact that more buyers are becoming educated and using things like the alignment app, has improved the quality of the replicas. I have a replica from about 10-12 years ago, was bought from Andrew @ trusty time. At the time it was one of the better DJ replicas, but to compare that to GMF, Clean or VSF of today is not even close. The replicas watches being put out today, the quality is really insane.