• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to make sure that the TD will give me a watch from the selected factory?

Hamza858

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/4/24
Sweden
Funnily enough I wasn‘t… so I Read and learnt!😉
Yes and that what I'm doing, I read a lot and asks a questions about the parts where I didn't get enough information in here to make everything clear before move forward and buying >*

Hamza858

29/4/24
Sweden
You attributed his knowledge of watches to his "genius" when he told you how to obtain knowledge.

Put in the hard work and read. You want the results but dont want to work hard.

Everything you've asked here has been answered.
You might be right I'm still searching for answers for the question I asked

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Hallelujah, you were born genius in watches from the moment you were delivered into this world

@Hamza858
Take a step back and don’t get upset
Everyone is trying to help you get started

However, everyone who is taking the time to respond to you has spent uncountable _days_ even _weeks_ reading and learning.

Everyone has put their own money and taken their own risks to obtain experience first hand

There is only so much that you can understand through questions and answers. You need to walk that road by yourself. This is what we are all trying to tell you.

It’s up to you if you want to keep your mind open and listen. What I do know is that if you have a confrontational attitude, you will get a bad reputation from the outset of your journey, and then everything will be more difficult for you because noone will want to help anymore

Hamza858

29/4/24
Sweden
@Hamza858
Take a step back and don’t get upset
Everyone is trying to help you get started

However, everyone who is taking the time to respond to you has spent uncountable _days_ even _weeks_ reading and learning.

Everyone has put their own money and taken their own risks to obtain experience first hand

There is only so much that you can understand through questions and answers. You need to walk that road by yourself. This is what we are all trying to tell you.

It’s up to you if you want to keep your mind open and listen. What I do know is that if you have a confrontational attitude, you will get a bad reputation from the outset of your journey, and then everything will be more difficult for you because noone will want to help anymore
Thank you. I'm just trying to get information from people who already bough the same model to see their onions

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Are you sure they will refund. I doubt that
I'm just curious if you're actually bothering to read anything or just reacting. Please read the last sentence of the below quote. He explicitly States that after an email he got a refund. Why on Earth would you follow up his statement with your doubt?

You really should go read the new member information that was linked to you above on the first page. Familiarize yourself with the model you're looking for and the maker with whatever known flaws and idiosyncrasies are present. This way when you receive the QA you know what to look for. The QA process can take anywhere from a few hours to a month or more depending on availability.

Optionally you can go to the member to member section and purchase from a member within your region.

You got this backwards 😁
They are Trusted Dealers (TD) because it’s sure you will get the right watch vs a random dude on Instagram

Now it did happen to me to get a watch from the wrong factory. This is a very rare incident based on the general experience of members

it took one email to the TD to get a return and refund…

Hamza858

29/4/24
Sweden
I'm just curious if you're actually bothering to read anything or just reacting. Please read the last sentence of the below quote. He explicitly States that after an email he got a refund. Why on Earth would you follow up his statement with your doubt?

You really should go read the new member information that was linked to you above on the first page. Familiarize yourself with the model you're looking for and the maker with whatever known flaws and idiosyncrasies are present. This way when you receive the QA you know what to look for. The QA process can take anywhere from a few hours to a month or more depending on availability.

Optionally you can go to the member to member section and purchase from a member within your region.
my mistake I didn't understand his post.

Reactions: Rx4Time

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
my mistake I didn't understand his post.
Best thing to do is relax. This is supposed to be a fun hobby. There is a learning curve of course. Before you make your first purchase, you should take your time, do your research and know exactly what other members report on the specific model number and maker. I personally would suggest staying away from lower tier makers and go right for the top tier makers of the specific model you're considering. This will help to ensure a good experience. Also, as I mentioned you can consider member to member. This has a few advantages assuming you purchase from a well-known established member with a good history of sales. Most importantly, the watch would be in your region, assuming you purchase from the same region you live in, also, you know exactly what you're getting because that exact watch will be pictured and it's already gone through the initial break-in Where most issues tend to occur. Truthfully, 99% of the watches that I've purchased were purchased member to member. There are always horror stories of course. However, my personal experience has always been positive. You just need to be cautious of who you're purchasing from just like anywhere else.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Im So Tired Tv Shows GIF by PBS SoCal

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
The Trusted Dealers in here are here for a reason. They have been tried and tested over a long period of time and garner very good reputation before being approved by the stringent RWI Team & Community.

And I am sure all the TDs in here will stand by their reputation too.

Have a nice weekend guys.