• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Greetings!

jacob22

Horology Curious
Supporter
23/4/24
I recently developed a renewed interest in classic watches after visiting the Smithsonian Air and Space museums in DC and being reminded of the iconic Speedmaster Moonwatch. I have owned for years an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean but never really wore it. I decided to sell it to a local jewelry shop to fund the purchase of a Speedmaster. I looked at online watch shops and forums and saw a variety of great looking gen watches and the high costs associated. I stumbled onto rep watches and feel that might be a better way to enjoy these watches without spending tens of thousands of dollars. I look forward to reading all of the insightful threads and hope to purchase some rep watches soon, either on reputable sites or thru this forum.

Currently, I mostly wear my Apple watch Ultra or Garmin Marq Athlete(with a Speedmaster like watchface added now) watches so I can get notifications that I don't always sense from my phone. I've tried attempted luxury smartwatches like the Tag Connected. It's a not a good smartwatch or luxury watch. I'll probably alternate between a smartwatch and mechanical watch. How do you guys do it?

Reactions: trustytime

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
eboy-ralph.gif

Hello and WELCOME from the official RWI reception desk!

You are receiving this introduction because you either posted in the "new members say hi" section or —for the first time(s)— elsewhere. In the latter case, consider introducing yourself in the aforementioned section.

If you haven't already, please make sure to read all relevant sticky threads. They contain important and essential information such as the forum rules! Most importantly the sales rules, because you will NOT yet be eligible / allowed to sell unless you meet certain criteria / are certified first.

A good starting point is this list of resources on RWI:

Please also take another look at this important sticky that you should already have seen after logging on for the first time:

This quick anti-fraud guide is essential if you are about to order from a dealer for the first time:

If you need any further assistance, feel free to contact me or @Feefo!

We will gladly help, but please allow some time for PM responses as we have lifes outside of RWI!

Reactions: Feefo

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
I recently developed a renewed interest in classic watches after visiting the Smithsonian Air and Space museums in DC and being reminded of the iconic Speedmaster Moonwatch. I have owned for years an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean but never really wore it. I decided to sell it to a local jewelry shop to fund the purchase of a Speedmaster. I looked at online watch shops and forums and saw a variety of great looking gen watches and the high costs associated. I stumbled onto rep watches and feel that might be a better way to enjoy these watches without spending tens of thousands of dollars. I look forward to reading all of the insightful threads and hope to purchase some rep watches soon, either on reputable sites or thru this forum.

Currently, I mostly wear my Apple watch Ultra or Garmin Marq Athlete(with a Speedmaster like watchface added now) watches so I can get notifications that I don't always sense from my phone. I've tried attempted luxury smartwatches like the Tag Connected. It's a not a good smartwatch or luxury watch. I'll probably alternate between a smartwatch and mechanical watch. How do you guys do it?
Hi @jacob22
Welcome to the RWI Forums!

If you ask me, I always go with mechanical watches and not smart watch. We already almost each have a smartphone (or if not two or more), you can tell time on the phone (isn't it?)

Since young, I am always fascinated with mechanical watches and the history of mechanical watches and its intricate parts and beauty will amaze you for sure. I may not be someone who knows everything but my love and passion for watches took me to learn a lot more and appreciate all the watchmaking in such mechanical beauties.

Replicas have come a long way since early 2000s and there is only a small handful of TDs here still around (Yeah, thats me!).
The current standard of replicas have risen almost 200-300% better than in those early years. I am sure you should be able to find something you like. Omega Planet Ocean Seamaster ---> You can try looking for VS Factory ones which are pretty well made.

If you need anything, feel free to PM or Email us.

Lovely day to you and all.

jacob22

Horology Curious
Supporter
23/4/24
Hi @jacob22
Welcome to the RWI Forums!

If you ask me, I always go with mechanical watches and not smart watch. We already almost each have a smartphone (or if not two or more), you can tell time on the phone (isn't it?)

Since young, I am always fascinated with mechanical watches and the history of mechanical watches and its intricate parts and beauty will amaze you for sure. I may not be someone who knows everything but my love and passion for watches took me to learn a lot more and appreciate all the watchmaking in such mechanical beauties.

Replicas have come a long way since early 2000s and there is only a small handful of TDs here still around (Yeah, thats me!).
The current standard of replicas have risen almost 200-300% better than in those early years. I am sure you should be able to find something you like. Omega Planet Ocean Seamaster ---> You can try looking for VS Factory ones which are pretty well made.

If you need anything, feel free to PM or Email us.

Lovely day to you and all.
Thanks, I actually just ordered n Omega Seamaster and Rolex Submariner from you yesterday.

Reactions: trustytime

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
Hi @jacob22

Thanks for the kind support.

Always a pleasure to serve the RWI community.

Cheers.