• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Great Article By DAN HENRY: Swiss and Chinese movements, Autos vs Quartz (also links to other articles and some caliber history)

SeniorChief

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/24
BFE
Great info for Armatures like me.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Heh... it's a bit of a thinly disguised infomercial for his own watches (fair enough, on his own website!) but did contain a few interesting nuggets.

Reactions: SeniorChief

SeniorChief

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/24
BFE
Heh... it's a bit of a thinly disguised infomercial for his own watches (fair enough, on his own website!) but did contain a few interesting nuggets.
Yes, I expected he'd talk up his brand, no surprise there. But for me being an armature I found allot of what he had to say, informative. The info on the Seagull ST19 being manufactured on machinery purchased in Switzerland in the 1960s that was used to manufacture the Venus 175 movement designed in the 1940s, was interesting. As he suggested I also Google “far east ETA” and what I learned was interesting too.

Just thought other like me might also enjoy the article and gain some knowledge or trivia, depending on your POV.

Thanks